Team-BHP - BMW 6 series Indian launch this month
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 6 series Indian launch this month (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/97843-bmw-6-series-indian-launch-month.html)

Hello,

The hottest new coupe is soon going to be launched in India. It will be a cbu and should be at your BMW dealers within the next few weeks. Best part is at a later stage they may even consider a diesel.

Expect the following engines:

650i and 635i with perhaps a 630d or 640d at a later stage.

Regards,

Coupe or 650i convertible first?

All major manufacturers are bringing in their latest products to India either simultaneously or within a very short time.

The new 6 series looks fantastic, especially from the front IMO

Wonder what the pricing will be like for the new model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel9999 (Post 2273714)
Wonder what the pricing will be like for the new model.

expect it to be northwards of 80L.. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 2273994)
expect it to be northwards of 80L.. :Frustrati

So sad. We are suffering from gross overpricing here in India. I guess we have both the manufacturers and the Government to blame for this.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

The 6 series looks really good and is definitely the best coupe by bmw. Too bad that all such cars are too overpriced in India.
A classic example is the Nissan 370z which costs around 52lacs ex-showroom in mumbai!

Anyways, Lets expect to see 6 series taking over the roads soon! But 80lacs plus sounds too much.

Couldn't resist posting this picture, :D

Thats the previous gen 6, here is a pic of the new one:

Oh! So this car is yet to launch this car. I thought it was available, because I saw a dark blue 650i near Sarjapur town just about a week ago.

About pricing: I guess a 650i costs upwards of 90,000$ in US. Roughly, CBUs cost that many lakh Rupees in India as many thousand Dollars in US. So we can expect around 90 lakh Rs ex-showroom price.

It is the 6 Series Convertible which will be launched. Launch on 25th, 2011!

Cheers,

Jay

Its the first time they are providing so many engine options with the 6 series.Too bad its cost so much,we indian consumers are losing out in the joy of owning not maybe a 6 series but still convertibles and small sports cars,because of this archaic duty structure.

BTW somehow i believe the earlier generation looked better.

Feast for eyes :

BMW 6 series Indian launch this month-0032012bmw6series.jpg

BMW 6 series Indian launch this month-0062012bmw6series.jpg

BMW 6 series Indian launch this month-p90071175highres.jpg

Source autoblog.com

The new 6 was launched today. BMW have tagged it at Rs.94 Lakhs (ex-showroom)

The 4.4-litre eight-cylinder engine in the new BMW 650i Convertible is unique in that the brace of turbochargers are positioned in the V-shaped area between the cylinder banks. This design results in more efficient packaging and greater engine efficiency. A maximum 407hp is developed between 5,500 and 6,400rpm, with peak torque of 600Nm available between 1,750 and 4,500rpm.

BMW has finally taken the wraps off the 650i Convertible in India. The launch, it seems, took place in Udaipur. Priced at Rs 94 Lakhs Ex-showroom, the 650i is for the ultra rich people who seek some exclusivity and open top fun.

Like every BMW, the launch car, with its menacing face, kidney grille and the corona rings looks fabulous.

Pic Courtesy: Indian Autos Blog (BMW 650i convertible priced at 95 lakh rupees | Indian Autos blog)

The car looks better than the previous gen model which never sold well at least in Europe. Hopefully this should provide better driving pleasure and so should sell better. 94 lacs is too high a price even for a Convertible CBU. Let us wait for the price of Coupe which I estimate could be around 89 lacs.

Picture of red coupe above indicate severely limited head room and possibly limited leg room also for the rear passengers, so it looks more like a 2+2 coupe rather than a spacious GT.