Team-BHP - Hyundai accent transform
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai accent transform (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98265-hyundai-accent-transform.html)

Hyundai has quietly transformed the accent and here are the pics. I think ads have also came on TOI, isn't it?
Just its been chromified, that's it. No other changes.

I donno whether it was right or not to put a separate thread, but if even minor changes/ nip/tuck/limited editions are launched, they are highlighted here so am doing so.

looks as bland as a washing machine from the 70s. Why is Hyundai obsessed with chrome?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 2283532)
looks as bland as a washing machine from the 70s. Why is Hyundai obsessed with chrome?!

Because at one point tata was too with its chromified manza elan...:Frustrati

I personally prefer the old grill. I remember seeing a smilar grill on the i10, isn't it? This grill is going to take some time to get used to.

May be they should have made some changes on the bumper and marketed as the 'All New Accent'. This formula seems to work well in India!!

My first impression is "oh no, not again". Another transform in Hyundai's stable. At this rate all their cars will have a transform tag. Why cant they honorably retire?

All the botox treatment is not doing much good for the Accent. Stop production or relaunch it with a diesel plant at the same price. Then we will be seeing from good numbers from this old workhorse.

I’m going to side with benzinbult here. Prefer the looks of the old accent.
Not sure if Hyundai really needed to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2283558)
My first impression is "oh no, not again". Another transform in Hyundai's stable. At this rate all their cars will have a transform tag. Why cant they honorably retire?

Hyundai and Maruti lead in these types of 'Transormations'. However, the Accent is still bringing decent sales figures for Hyundai (Jan'11: 1317 units; Feb'11: 1224 units). I think a lot of sales comes from the taxi segment.

Economically, Accent still brings profit and its not the Accent now, but other models, that create Hyunda's image. Accent is not the car that comes to your mind when you think Hyundai. Hyundai has gradually moved Accent out of the limelight.

It's about time Hyundai retired Accent. Its time has passed. Ford, too, tried the same with Ikon and failed so they gave it a final burial. About time Hyundai followed suit.

Yes, even I am thinking on the same lines. Just when I started liking the Accent in its Taxi avatar, they had to do this. Please "TRANSFER" the person who is bringing about so much of transformation. It's time to go with what your ads are suggesting - New Thinking, New Possibilities.

Sorry if I sound cruel, but my instant reaction looking at the photos was "lipstick on a pig".

Hyundai's website lists "New look front grill" as one of the features of the Accent. So, now what, new new look front grill?

The earlier grill looks much better. This move from Hyundai is only the last step to sell accent as much as they can before they launch a complete revamp (earlier they launched it with factory fitted CNG) . Most of the accent are selling for cab purposes only just like esteem was selling at the verge of her retirement.

It might be old in the tooth, but sells almost as much as the newer Verna. Which explains why they are not killing the product. I think it is available for 5.5L+ on-road or so and does most jobs well for that price, which is not a bad deal IMO.

'AM getting a feeling the bumper paint job is not matching the body. Am getting a DC kit finish feeling here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzrockz (Post 2283629)
'AM getting a feeling the bumper paint job is not matching the body. Am getting a DC kit finish feeling here.

Its just the shade and the angle of pictures playing games. You may add some dust also in that.