Team-BHP - High speed stability of NHC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   High speed stability of NHC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9828-high-speed-stability-nhc.html)

If any of you have read the TD on the NHC Vtec in the latest issue of OD, you would have noticed the comment on the high speed stability. I know an owner who dumped his NHC for an Optra because he found it pretty hairy driving the NHC over 100ks on the highway especially when there were cross winds or when a bus or truck passed by at high speed. This is not the first time someone has mentioned this problem. The issue is one of safety and needs to be addressed by Honda on a war footing. What ever the reason, this design flaw is not expected of Honda .

hey floyd,

i thought they have already addressed this problem in the new NHC ZX.
you can see this link as to how the engineers have addressed this
http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/05CityMMC/index.html

i can feel the difference in my car, at least. the stability and handling is way ahead of earlier NHC, though a notch lower than the optra's or the lancer's.

I think there is another thread on the same topic somewhere ...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...tml#post163651

Yes Staibilty has improved a bit but its way less then What the Optra has. Firstly the NHC Vtec and Idsi has such tiny tread. Then Poor Brakes, and that height. How do you expect it to be stable. The OHC Vtec was dead stable above 100. Indian lacer stabilty thanks to Evo VI base.

Honda should upgrade tyres and better the rear suspension then the NHC will be better.

Also goldie the link which you have given shows the Thai based City which throws 110ps of power with 15inch wheels, all round dics, ABS and what not. OD says Indian NHC Vtec lacks rear dics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Also goldie the link which you have given shows the Thai based City which throws 110ps of power with 15inch wheels, all round dics, ABS and what not. OD says Indian NHC Vtec lacks rear dics?

Agreed, BUSA, the stability should definitely improve with the ABS and beefier tyres. I am planning to go for the rubber, though ABS is not possible now.

But I am seriously wondering what car OD has tested -
- they mentioned the NHC VTEC does not have alloy wheel for a spare - mine does.
- they mentioned that it lacks rear discs - mine most definitely has them.
- they dont mention much difference in stablity between the NHC and NHC ZX, while there most definitely is.

Have they been smoking d**e while writing this review ??

BUSA, I thought the power difference is because of the fuel difference in both the countries. In any case, I do agree that ABS should have been offered atleast as an option.

Quote:

they mentioned the NHC VTEC does not have alloy wheel for a spare - mine does
Generally all cars with stock alloys have only 4 coming with them, even the Mercs so that maybe thats why.

The NHC Vtec needs 15inchers to handle better.

Quote:

Well that must be a type O, since with the amount of boost in power the brakes have not been able to cop up, so it tends to make you feel that is there Dics in the car??

Quote:

- they dont mention much difference in stablity between the NHC and NHC ZX, while there most definitely is.
Both the NHC and NHC ZX have hardly any difference, its so minute you can hardly figure it out but there is quite a difference if you observe clearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra

They are right . City has rear drum breaks not discs although disk would have been a lot better . I read somewhere that putting disk breaks at rear is a lot costlier because the difficulty in integrating a hand break assembly with it.

At least for the VTEC , they should have provided disks and ABS for front and rear.

the stability at high speeds in a NHC (the older one) is a major issue.it feels so light when driven at around 120.it felt as little if not less stable when i do those speeds in a zen.where as when i drove the baleno at the same speed on the same highway it felt rock steady.buttt the baleno had 195 mm good years so thats one of the things cotributing to the better grip.

NHC type I or II are at the end of the day city cars
so execpt them to be lacking high speed confidence

well said adya....................

Quote:

Originally Posted by rejika
They are right . City has rear drum breaks not discs although disk would have been a lot better . I read somewhere that putting disk breaks at rear is a lot costlier because the difficulty in integrating a hand break assembly with it.

At least for the VTEC , they should have provided disks and ABS for front and rear.

The NHC ZX VTEC comes standard with Front and Rear,both Disc Brakes.
The NHC ZX GXi ,GXi CVT and EXi come with only Front Disc Brakes,and Rear are Drum.

-sr

NHC = New Honda CITY therefore they are city cars....lol:

Nice one adya.

Rev

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech
NHC = New Honda CITY therefore they are city cars....lol:

Nice one adya.

Rev

if you find humor in it go and ask honda dealer as where NHC is marketed at

I think a wider set of tyres should do the trick (to a certain extent).

I never got the chance to experience high speed driving on the NHC. In what way does it feel un-inspiring???

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Generally all cars with stock alloys have only 4 coming with them, even the Mercs so that maybe thats why.

Tata Safari = 5 Alloys Standard.