Team-BHP - Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98679-report-pics-new-bmw-6-series-f12-f13-launched-rs-95-lac-3.html)

Quote:

the 640d price will be 73 - 75 Lac Ex-Showroom,
Yes, chandigarh dealer alos gave around same - 76 + , but given the competitive prices of CLS today @ 67 L :) , BMW may have to rethink , wish Mercedes has launched in Diesel

Mercedes-Benz launches CLS | Autocar India

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2498797)
Sorry for double posts, am not able to edit the previous post at this time but just got a call from BMW, the 640d price will be 73 - 75 Lac Ex-Showroom, this might vary in regions but the cars are now available to order, Please note this is for the coupe which is a far better car to own over the convertible.

Also without creating a new thread there are minor updates on all CBU's from BMW

Z4, has a new design package.
GT, now has navigation and few others as standard.
330d Hard Top convertible last month for dealer orders is October 2011, so anyone who wants one will have to order before that dead line.

Regards,

Do we get a the 330d convertible here? I didnt know we got those here

Hello,

The recently started and are going to be sold only in limited numbers considering the model is soon going to bid farewell,

Link to the thread announcing this launch in India

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless (Post 2499195)
Do we get a the 330d convertible here? I didnt know we got those here

Turbanator,

CLS diesel is coming very soon, also AMG is there, :)

Regards,

@S350- Could you check up on the arrival of the 740Ld. They ought to launch that soon.

Happened to see one in flesh, in Goa. A friend's friend was one of the first to lay his hands on this beast. And a beast it surely is. Even on the tiny roads of Goa, this one was un-mistakable. The V8 growl is fantastic. Amazing looks and 400 odd horses that churn out a 0-100 in 5 odd seconds. What else do you need :D.

Nevermind my previous post. Just checked BMW UK website and seems like the 740d does not come in a LWB version. Highly doubt BMW would offer a non LWB in India.

Sahil,

Sorry was unable to respond, considering the Mercedes-Benz S class coming in in SWB very soon, and also Audi A8 being tested in SWB I won't be surprised to see BMW follow too or perhaps while others have plans to launch they might just jump the boat and launch it before others do it,

They did it with BMW Financial services.

740d, speak to the factory they do entertain serious out of the list orders! :)

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2499990)
Nevermind my previous post. Just checked BMW UK website and seems like the 740d does not come in a LWB version. Highly doubt BMW would offer a non LWB in India.

BMW India has launched the 650i Coupe without much fanfare !

640d = Rs 74.99 lakhs
650i = Rs 84.99 lakhs
(Prices ex-showroom Mumbai)
The 650i convertible was earlier launched for Rs 95 lakhs ex-showroom.

The 640d with 313bhp on offer is tempting.:D

Source - BMW Launches 6 Series Coupe In India Starting At Rs. 74.99 Lakhs– All Details Inside

Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac-drandreasschaafpresidentbmwindiawiththenewbmw6seriescoupe121011_thumb.jpg

BMW to launch 6 series Gran Coupe on November 8

Quote:

Features on the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe in Europe:
1. Six-cylinder petrol that makes 320 hp, paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
2. Straight six-cylinder diesel in the BMW 640d variant that puts out 313 hp.
3. Xenon headlights, and optional Adaptive LED headlights.
4. Two-zone air conditioning, leather upholstery and electric seat adjustment with memory function.
5. Bang & Olufsen Surround Sound System.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/b...-on-november-8 and http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/b...spied-in-india

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Hello folks,
Reviving this old thread for some pointers on buying a used 640D Coupe.
The car in question is a sparingly used 2012 model, 2nd. owner with 15,500 km on the Odo and is located in Bangalore.
Link : http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...6-Series.html/

I had a quick test drive a couple of days ago and everything seems perfect.
My usage is 90% in the city and 10% on highways. While I understand that the 640d is not a practical car for daily commute to work, I just love the exclusivity of the car and the fact that it comes loaded to the hilt.
My main worries are the low ground clearance, the low profile tyres, upkeep costs and the re-sale value (I change my cars quite frequently). For now it would also mean a stretch in terms of the budget.
So, should I take the plunge? Any pointers on the price point and feedback from owners of 530D / similar cars would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kontoo (Post 4213373)
Hello folks,
The car in question is a sparingly used 2012 model, 2nd. owner with 15,500 km on the Odo and is located in Bangalore.

My usage is 90% in the city and 10% on highways. While I understand that the 640d is not a practical car for daily commute to work, I just love the exclusivity of the car and the fact that it comes loaded to the hilt.
My main worries are the low ground clearance, the low profile tyres, upkeep costs and the re-sale value (I change my cars quite frequently). For now it would also mean a stretch in terms of the budget.
So, should I take the plunge? Any pointers on the price point and feedback from owners of 530D / similar cars would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

First of all, great choice! The 6 series coupe is one of my all time favourites!

Secondly, you would be surprised at the actual practicality and usability of this car. It's not as impractical as you might think for your daily use. 5 years is not that long a time for a German CBU, and you shouldn't generally be worried about things just going wrong out of the blue.

The few things to consider in this case are the fact that it's got low mileage, which is great from a value perspective; but the mileage is actually very low for a 5 year car. Just make sure when the last time it was properly used was. Secondly, being a 5 year old car, the warranty would most likely be up and maintainence and parts (in the event anything goes wrong) could creep up on you.

The low ground clearance and low profile tyres shouldn't be a big concern as I'm pretty sure you aren't buying this car to be comfortable. And it actually still is quite a decent ride. The re-sale won't be anything spectacular and you will face a certain hit according to me, as there are plenty of these available in the market, even the 650i's and convertibles - it's a buyers market.

Definitely try negotiating more on the price! Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kontoo (Post 4213373)
Hello folks,
Link : http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...6-Series.html/

Thanks in advance.

The car looks to be in great condition. Its also fully loaded, with the M kit, adaptive LEDs, B&O system, comfort seats, surround view, etc. I think you can negotiate a bit more on the price, but not a whole lot. Being a second owner car already, the price will take a hit when you want to sell. If you are going to keep it more than 2-3 years then this shouldn't be a large issue.

The 6 is low, but is pretty practical and won't touch anywhere if you are careful. The 313bhp diesel is just so much fun!

I would say go for it.

@ Porcupine, Akshay1234: Thanks for your valuable inputs.
Just thought of posting a quick update:
Although the 640d was available for a great deal and it was loaded to the hilt, I came across a very sparingly used 530d M sport which was still under warranty (I plan to extend it right away) and had only 14 K on the Odo.
Sanity prevailed ( blame it on middle age) in the end and I decided to ahead with the 530d M sport.
It does miss out on the surround view cameras, adaptive dampeners and some of the power / torque but it has the 2 more doors, rear entertainment pack, better ground clearance and most importantly warranty that can be extended.
In the end, I ended up with a conservative but a more practical choice I guess.
Some pictures:

Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac-front-quarter.jpg

Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac-fullsizerender-003.jpg

Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac-img_9658-002.jpg

Report & Pics: *New* BMW 6-Series (F12/F13) Launched @ Rs.95 lac-rear-quarter.jpg

Quote:

Although the 640d was available for a great deal and it was loaded to the hilt,
Congrats, are you aware what happened to 640? That ad is no longer active, if you have details of the owner can you PM me.