Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Bolero Limited Edition: Is it really required ?

I got a spanking new Bolero CRDE and love how whizzy it is compared to my old Puegot powered beauty. Since I get to hit the expressway everyday, I have to control my instinct to tap the gas peddle. So far the braking and all is fine, but I haven't had to stand on my brakes so far. At the risk of sounding like an echo we don't need the refurb, just add 4wd to this babe and nothing will come close to it.

I have a blind spot to the tardy plastic and all since I was more interested in the new engine that would allow me to go like 'Stink'. Today, I was suddenly at 110, when I remembered that it was an SUV and so came down to my senses. But abs and 4wd and it would kill any other suv. Oh I got phat tyres the 235/70/16 Bridgestone Duellers H/T.

Apologies for going off topic.

Chaunfa
Old 6th April 2011, 11:53   #32
BHPian

My answer to the thread title: Absolutely not!

But I won't be surprised if M&M do sell the "Limited" 1000 units in good time. The target audience could be rural, sub-urban folks looking for that extra bling in their Boleros. Just a thought.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:05   #33
BHPian

Why we Indians are always short changed. Take a look at the Japs they reserve the 1st quality for their country and the rest is exported.

M&M call themselves they use the latest tech, still no ABS, NO 4WD, NO Rear Disc brakes.

Limited Edition : Ha this is a Joke, European Leather seats ( can get better one with Stanley etc), Gloss Wood Finish ( Horrible finish), Different paint colour with some nitwit graphics thrown in. No upgrade to either the engine, interiors, worst ergonomics ever. Fit and finish no where as the japs!

Inspite of all this I still like the Bolero, even though its ten years old. Flog the old horse, change the grill, new paint options. Limited Edition HA HA HA HA!

Its high time M&M wake up and we Indian consumers are not taking Shi***T for granted!

Yet still our public will go and buy. MERA BHARATH MAHAN.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:30   #34
BHPian

Today I called up one of the dealers in Bangalore and the SA told me that the Special Edition is to kind of clearing up the stocks and wait till this month end. He didn't reveal anything beyond that and had a funny smile. Does this mean that there is something new on the cards this FY ?

Cheers,
rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 7th April 2011 at 12:32.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Today I called up one of the dealers in Bangalore and the SA told me that the Special Edition is to kind of clearing up the stocks and wait till this month end. He didn't reveal anything beyond that and had a funny smile. Does this mean that there is something new on the cards this FY ?

Cheers,
rajesh
I've picked up, from more sources, than just one, that something might be in the offing. However, what that thing might be, is anyone's guess. I am hoping, really hoping, that M&M realize how much more market potential the Bolero can exploit, than the one that they have traditionally targetted.
Old 7th April 2011, 21:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Is this the Limited Edition?

Source: Flickr
i dont think so. i think its cosmetic make is done by Mr. Nanda and his gang in Mahindra customs.

you can buy a normal bolero and send it to them and they will do the make over.
Old 8th April 2011, 00:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Only thing that caught my attention in this limited edition was something called ''Bolero tele alert system''. Brochure says its a GSM based security system that allows locking/unlocking the car via SMS!

Anyone know anything more about this?

Other notable features of this 'limited edition' are
- Body graphics
- Blue vision headlamps (Whatever that is!!)
- European leather
- A new color - Purple!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks