Team-BHP - Team Bhpians favourite car at the Auto-Expo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team Bhpians favourite car at the Auto-Expo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9921-team-bhpians-favourite-car-auto-expo-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeman
How much are the planning to price the Escudo??

I am not sure ,but it could be anywhere between Rs. 15-17 lacs .
Does anyone know about the launch ?

the MUSTANG FOR ME boys and SCORPIO lifestyle...lancer EVO IX IN BLACK too.. and ur very own autophysche's mods with lancers...great AUTOEXPO

on AUTOSHOWS of this magnitude its imperative to showcase heavy duty stuff..bt with subtle mods u cud have a say and make a lasting impression on onlookers...i thought MNM scorpio was one such car...great screen presence aka MR. Bachchan..

scorpio lifestyle and the honda civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Favourite Car ? I think for me it was the Honda Civic.

Favourite Bike ? Well i confess i am not a Bike freak, but i dont know, what got me hooked to these: :D :D

you too man!!! i clicked some 10 pics of these bikes ;-)

\N

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemer
I am not sure ,but it could be anywhere between Rs. 15-17 lacs .
Does anyone know about the launch ?

Is this in place of the grand vitara? or is the vitara discontinued?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeman
Is this in place of the grand vitara? or is the vitara discontinued?

Most of the auto mags and the tv channels are saying that it ll be a replacement for the Vitara XL-7 but I dont think the vitara is going to be discontinued cos it is bigger in size and can seat 7 people whereas the Escudo is meant for 5 .. in the int. markets both the cars are selling side by side ,the Escudo is priced below the XL-7 ..

But how much below? Wasn't the vitara for around 17k as well. Seems weird to have two suv's from the same company priced in the higher range and close to one another. they might be competing with each other in a way!

In new delhi ,the vitara is priced close to Rs. 20 lacs ON Road ,i guess the Escudo should not exceed 16-17 lacs on road ..
MUL could discontinue the vitara but the chances are very dim cos in most of the int. markets the Escudo is named Grand Vitara and it indeed is the New Grand vitara , so i guess they are trying to do something what Skoda did with the Laura .

The Escudo is expected to be priced around 10 - 11 lacs according to News agents at the expo! If Maruti can localise it then they are bang on target.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
The Escudo is expected to be priced around 10 - 11 lacs
according to News agents at the expo!

Busa ,do you know whom are you talking about ..;) . These news agents knows S*** about the automobiles ...
Buddy ,its impossible . If you compare the worldwide prices of the Escudo(Grand vitara) and the XL-7 ,the difference is approx 2-4 lacs .. India wont be different .

Quote:

If Maruti can localise it then they are bang on target].
They wont unless the market is huge for the SUV .

I dont think localisation would happen to that extent. Maybe to some extent yes. But to bring down prices from 18k to 11k would still be a feat.

I had for long been waiting for the Honda Civic to come to India specially after seeing the european spec Honda Civic pics. Finally it was shows at teh Auto Expo so, for me THE car at this years Auto Expo would be The Honda Civic.

All the imports and expensive cars are nice, but for me, the star of the show was undoubtedly the Swift Sport 1.6. I love its look and just wish Maruti would launch that here soon so I can buy the darn thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
All the imports and expensive cars are nice, but for me, the star of the show was undoubtedly the Swift Sport 1.6. I love its look and just wish Maruti would launch that here soon so I can buy the darn thing!

very true. Thats a true starters car for someone who wants a good looking car at a decent price and also would prefer getting everything as a sock option. There should be a very good market for souped up hatchbacks!!