Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 14:09   #16
BHPian

New Jaguar XF Unveiled

Mods. Please edit the thread name to "Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz", as I will be posting more details of new models.

thanks

The Jaguar XF has undergone a thorough revamp, four years into its life, to help it face up to intense competition from the latest BMW 5-series and Audi A6.

The 2012 XF — which goes into production this July — has been given new front-end styling, tweaks to the rear, extra safety features and changes to the interior, including a new audio system.

Diesel XFs also get a new eight-speed automatic gearbox. But perhaps most important for the sales success of the XF is the arrival of a new four-cylinder diesel engine, which also gets a new stop-start system.

All versions of the new XF, including the XFR super-saloon, feature a new bonnet, wings, headlamps, grille and bumper, and modified rear lights. Adam Hatton, a Jaguar design manager, says the nose graphic of the XFR was intended to “turn up the visual volume and give a purposeful road presence”.
The most important technical aspect of the new XF is the new 2.2-litre AJ-i4D four-cylinder diesel engine, which is expected to account for around 60 per cent of future XF sales.

The i4D is adapted from the transversely mounted engine used in the Land Rover Freelander, but Jaguar says the unit has undergone significant changes and improvements in refinement.

With 188bhp and 332lb ft at just 2000rpm, the i4D unit has had changes to the block and sump, lower piston friction, a new camshaft, a water-cooled turbocharger and extra sound insulation. More sound deadening has been added around the bulkhead and behind the alternator, turbo and starter motor.
The upshot is a claimed 0-60mph time of 8.0sec, combined economy of 52.3mpg and CO2 emissions of 149g/km.

Sophisticated computational fluid dynamics calculations have been used to smooth the airflow under the car and around the door mirrors. The result, says Jaguar, is that the XF’s interior refinement is class-leading and as good as the current V6 diesel-engined XF.

Both the i4D and V6D engines are hooked up to a new eight-speed ZF auto ’box, which is fitted with a sophisticated stop-start system. Jaguar says the new transmission offers a much wider spread of ratios than the outgoing six-speed unit, as well as quicker shift times and the ability to engage on multiple downshifts, even from eighth to second.

The stop-start is triggered by the amount of pressure the driver uses on the brake pedal and is designed to restart the engine much more quickly than existing systems.

It uses a ‘tandem solenoid starter motor’ (which can spin itself up before engaging with the flywheel), a system to hold the fuel pressure in the fuel system and ‘hydraulic impulse storage’ in the gearbox, which ensures the oil pressure in the transmission is high enough for instant response in restarting.
Inside, the XF gets new, more shapely seats and an upgraded audio system with a 30Gb hard drive. Four levels of audio kit will be offered, including a range-topping Bowers & Wilkins Dolby surround system.

Other new features for the refreshed XF include automatic high beam assist, adaptive lighting, automatic hazard lights under hard braking and adaptive cruise control with intelligent braking.

I am unable to post pictures from iPad. But the same can be seen on the link below with more details.

New Jaguar XF unveiled - Autocar.co.uk

If Tatas start local assembly and can offer these 3 diesel models (2.2L, 3.0D and 3.0D S) here at competitive prices, it will give a very tough competition to equivalent models of German trio.

Last edited by akj53 : 21st April 2011 at 14:15.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India

Quote:
A loaded Range Rover Evoque 4WD Auto costs 28 Lakhs INR in UK.
If Tata actually starts manufacturing that in India, they can retail for an ex showroom of 24L

Lower models can be sold for 20-22L.

Now to manufacture this vehicle in India, Tata needs atleast 1000 cars/month sold.

At a price range of 22L its indeed feasible. I am sure lot of people will put down money on a range rover diesel engined 4WD manual transmission car!
WOW, I never realized this. The Evoque is the best looking SUV I have seen for a long long long time. If I ever migrate to London, there is only one car that I will buy:- You know that name.
Old 5th May 2011, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Freelander production to begin by end May

Land Rover will begin production of the Freelander in India this month. The production line will be located in the very same section of Tata Motors’ Pune plant that was earlier used by Mercedes.

The production of the Freelander will be followed by another Land Rover product in the near future, probably the Discovery 4 or the new Evoque, and sources from inside the company have revealed that the third product likely to be assembled here will be the Jaguar XF.

Production is expected to commence on May 27 and, Tata, it appears, is putting its shoulder to the wheel to make India Jaguar Land Rover’s second home market. And the signs are good. An estimated 75 Jaguars were sold last month in India and once the number of dealerships is increased to the proposed 20, there should be an increase in the number of cars sold.

Recently-appointed CEO Ralf Speth has said the next two or three years will be very critical to the health of the company, but that things are currently looking up.

Tata Motors has been very proactive as far as investments in the company are concerned and he revealed that every cent earned (as high as 1.5 billion pounds) will be ploughed back into product development. There is also talk of Tata sharing the Freelander platform for its own SUVs in the future. This, of course, will mean it won’t need to make its own monocoque-based vehicle like Mahindra has.*

Source

Made-in-India Freelander this month | Autocar India

Wonder what will be the price band????
Old 5th May 2011, 19:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If Tata actually starts manufacturing that in India, they can retail for an ex showroom of 24L

Lower models can be sold for 20-22L. Now to manufacture this vehicle in India, Tata needs atleast 1000 cars/month sold.

At a price range of 22L its indeed feasible. I am sure lot of people will put down money on a range rover diesel engined 4WD manual transmission car!
A Range Rover at 20-22lacs would be a game changer! The question remains if TATA-JLR can keep it down to those levels given the costs involved in the CKD assembly route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
TATA get us the Defender for 10-12 lakhs. And see the volumes. Please please please..
There is talk of JLR working on a brand new Defender. In time maybe, just maybe, Tata might decide to ship the old Defender plant to Pimpri!
Old 5th May 2011, 21:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

When they say "production" that means CKD right?And that means all components are imported or is their some localization involved?
Old 9th May 2011, 10:07   #21
BHPian

@ avishar

Yes Production means CKD. With the limited volumes, i dont think it will be feasible for them to source any parts locally except perhaps for the battery and tyres.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:40   #22
BHPian

Re: Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India

The Indian Free Lander 2 is going to be released soon in 2 models.

TD4 SE model with 2.2 litre 150PS diesel engine and SD4 HSE model will have the 2.2 litre 190PS diesel engine – both producing 420Nm of torque and fitted as standard with an updated six-speed automatic transmission with CommandShift

Spec sheet is given below. Specifications and equipment levels are very good and it looks like that Freelander will be a quite luxurious SUV which can do serious off roading also. Let us hope now for the attractive pricing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf freelander-2-specification.pdf (386.4 KB, 503 views)
Old 10th May 2011, 13:27   #23
BHPian

The expected Ex. Showroom Delhi prices are

For 150 PS TD4 SE - Rs. 34,40,000

For 190 PS SD4 HSE - Rs. 39,06,000

The above prices are at the revised duty of 30%. Earlier Tatas were pricing the SE model at 29 lacs only. However now prices of all CKD models will go up so these prices should remain competitive.

Both models are 4 Wheel Drive with 6 Speed Automatic transmission.

Few Photos of FreeLander 2 :
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-locbig.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-profilebig.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-driversidebig.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-exterior6big.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-interior3big.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-l359_11_ext_detbig.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-adaptivexenonbig.jpg  

Old 10th May 2011, 14:09   #24
BHPian

Interesting! .. When can we see the new Jaguar XF with the 2.2-litre AJ-i4D four-cylinder diesel engine hit the Indian shores, its a serious game changer for the 520d and I am seriously looking out for a new car in this segment, If jaguar happens to price the new XF competitively with the 520d .. The jag would be my choice ..
Old 10th May 2011, 17:10   #25
BHPian

The 2nd indian assembled vehicle from JLR will be between Discovery 4 or the new Evoque. My hunch is that it will be Evoque being the latest and most modern vehicle from JLR will have the max appeal for the customers. The third product is likely to be assembled here will be the Jaguar XF, but that will spill over to 2012
Old 21st December 2012, 20:40   #26
BHPian

Spied – Jaguar’s luxurious XJ Ultimate wades through Pune.

The mule has all the telltale signs of the XJ Ultimate except the massive 20″ alloy wheels which would have seriously compromised the XJ’s ride quality on Indian roads.

It also pampers the occupants with electrically reclining rear seats which offer lumbar support adjustment, massage and climate control facilities.

If that’s is not enough, the Jaguar XJ Ultimate gives you a powered business table, champagne chiller, a tailor made 20 speaker Meridian sound system. So it is indeed a first class business jet for the tarmac!!

Source :- http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/j...#ixzz2FhOIsmjk And http://motorbash.com/spied-upcoming-...hidden-badges/
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-jaguarxjultimateeditionfrontthreequarterspied.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover - New Model Blitz aims for top slot in India-jaguarxjultimateeditionrearspied.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks