Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 20:06   #1
WMS
BHPian

JK Tyre The Monsoon Ride '11

Hi Friends,

Western Motorsports is organising 3rd JK Tyre The Monsoon Ride. This is a TSD event for both 2 & 4 wheelers. You can find info about the event on http://www.themonsoonride.com and download entry form and other entry documents from The Monsoon Ride 2011

Hope to see you at the RIDE
Old 21st May 2011, 12:21   #2
BHPian

Re: JK Tyre The Monsoon Ride '11

From SR, 3.4.1: All the cars must be individually licensed for the road. Use of navigational aids such as GPS sets and mobile phones with GPS capability are not permitted. Only the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT Instrument cluster of the vehicle may be relocated. Additional or non OE trip meters of any sort etc. are not permitted. Vehicles having GPS or other Navigational equipment as O.E. will have to disconnect the same. Likewise, use of any portable computing devices, Cellular phones, Wireless Communication Sets, Pagers etc. shall be strictly prohibited under pain of exclusion to be pronounced by Steward of the Meet. Any infringement will lead to exclusion.

I wish you would allow, but have a separate class for vehicles using all/some of these equipment..
Old 25th May 2011, 21:01   #3
WMS
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion maybe not a different but we may have a quotient of penalties for usage of these aids from next year on.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:30   #4
BHPian

Thanks, that would work too. All the best this year!
Old 26th May 2011, 00:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was really looking forward to participate in the TMR'11 however my Brothers marriage is scheduled during the same time due to which i would have to skip the rally this time.

I was following Anukramans FB profile & the WM profile to check for the updates/dates however it looks like id on't have a choice this time :(
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 04:43   #6
BHPian

Well Harish, If you are interested in participating and the dates are tight BUT can spare 2 days then this could be do-able, the scrutiny for outside Jaipur participants would be the day before the rally. So, 2 days is all you really need apart from the journey time.

Cheers.

Anirban.
Old 26th May 2011, 20:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anirban - Thanks for the update. Let me see if i can squeeze in time for the event , having said that my entry would definitely be a late one if i go for it.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 15:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Has any bhpian participated in this rally last year or before? 5k seems very reasonable as entry fees for people like me. However, a little skeptic about the possible damage to my swift ddis on the non-tarmac sections and absolutely clueless about what kind of wear n tear I should be expecting. Any info around this would be helpful.

EDIT: Another question, in case a couple participates are both required to have a driving license, even if the co-driver isn't going to drive at all?

Last edited by fine69 : 7th June 2011 at 15:59.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 16:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Has any bhpian participated in this rally last year or before? 5k seems very reasonable as entry fees for people like me. However, a little skeptic about the possible damage to my swift ddis on the non-tarmac sections and absolutely clueless about what kind of wear n tear I should be expecting. Any info around this would be helpful.

EDIT: Another question, in case a couple participates are both required to have a driving license, even if the co-driver isn't going to drive at all?
Well there was a Swift which was a part of our official team as well and it was quite fine after the rally. Don't think so there'd be any such issues. You should have a minimum of 1.6mm of tread on your tyre over a minimum 75% of the area for meeting the minimum specifications of scrutiny. This is a bare minimum though. The more tread you have the better it is.

Almost all of the organizing committee of Western Motorsports are Bhpians

Regarding the drivers license. Yes its mandatory for both the driver and co-driver to have a license because in-case of any emergency if the driver is unable to drive the co-driver should be able to drive back safely. For which again you need a license . Hope all is clear enough.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply Anirban. I have done 20k on Michelin XM1+ so not sure if they'd have enough tread to qualify the scrutiny and secondly wife doesn't have a DL (and learner's DL wouldn't work here) so I guess this has to be postponed until next year. Still, thanks much for the info.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:01   #11
BHPian

You're most welcome. I don't think so 20k will do much damage to the tread to fail scrutiny. Regarding the learners license I'll have to reconfirm with the proper authority and will update you on that.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
wife doesn't have a DL (and learner's DL wouldn't work here)
Just enquired from someone in FMSCI, a Learners License is valid for the Navigators License which FMSCI will issue for any rally. Just that the person having a Learners DL will not be allowed to compete as a driver.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
I don't think so 20k will do much damage to the tread to fail scrutiny.
I guess I can take a pic of the tyres and seek opinion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Just enquired from someone in FMSCI, a Learners License is valid for the Navigators License which FMSCI will issue for any rally. Just that the person having a Learners DL will not be allowed to compete as a driver.
This is great news! I'll speak to my wife and see if she's game for it. Thanks a ton.
Old 9th June 2011, 03:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I can take a pic of the tyres and seek opinion here.

This is great news! I'll speak to my wife and see if she's game for it. Thanks a ton.
Sounds great. It looks like it's going to be your first motorsporting event ( IMO ).

I think you should go ahead and participate as this was one rally i was realy looking forward to but would not be able to participate due to reasons mentioned above in the thread.

Anukraman ( Head of WMS ) is a great guy and a great Human being and i'm sure he's going to help you out if you have any problems.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:48   #15
BHPian

Just learned that the Monsoon Ride Rally got cancelled. Does anyone have an idea as to what happened..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks