Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2005, 12:53   #31
Team-BHP Support

By the way can we be in the pit area (starting point) in Bombay run?
It's very difficult to get proper shots otherwise.

GTO, can you please do something? Check with AutoCar if they can help.
Old 11th January 2005, 13:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, that would be awesome. Someday, we will probably have a TB Lounge at all motorsports events.
Old 11th January 2005, 13:38   #33
Team-BHP Support

[I would give my right hand to see a 560 SEL under hard acceleration, but yes Ajmat...the transmission is very lazy and its not really a car you would want to drag in.

The BMW took off and whooshed past without a hair out of place. Merc rear end did dip on acceleration. A lot better than the C200k which was like a sunday drive ,even worse was the Sonata Gold
Old 11th January 2005, 13:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
By the way can we be in the pit area (starting point) in Bombay run?
It's very difficult to get proper shots otherwise.
Even in Bangalore they actually din't allow. The cops were around.. We asked hime if could take some pics.. He said no.. So what do we do, just jump the fence and go in and take some pics..

It works!!!! heheheheee
Old 11th January 2005, 19:04   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Madans BMW was the most quitest car- whoosh, it just went, licking Mr Singhania's fleet and a 560 Merc (ihink the kick down of that car was too delayed).
The thing is that he shouldnt have been using the kickdown (assuming he was).
The way to do it on the old auto mercs it to drop it into the lowest gear "L" and then (this is the only time you need to use the kickdown, if at all) slam down on the accelerator which actually shifts the car from L to the 1st gear which is only used for towing or something like that..... then feel for the first automatic shift... and then when approaching redline, manually shift the lever to "S" or whatever the second position is, and then when u reach redline shift to the next gear again. This eliminates the need for "kicking down" which is a waste of time since it means you are starting in a higher gear, also this prevent the tranny from shifting early. Plus these trannys are notorious for not kicking down when they are supposed to! (There is also the advantage of engine breaking in gears other than "D" but we dont really need that during a drag!).

cya
R
Old 11th January 2005, 19:35   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn

On monday, hindu reported that it was narian karthik who was driving this lotus...

Why do they write such stuff if the aren't sure!!!
Well it looks like he was!
(i donno about the race though)

R
Old 12th January 2005, 00:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:

God bless these guys.... Still alive cos of their parents prayers I guess....
yea these ppl are insane man no value for their own life or the life and proerty of others,its sad tht just bcoz of such few insane ppl a very good event like this gets a bad name.
Old 12th January 2005, 08:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Well it looks like he was!
(i donno about the race though)

R
It was indeed him. Its he who drove that lotus.

vinsanity, I think hindu guys have read ur comment . Today they have published a photo where he was sitting on the machine and article too.

After the finish line he took a u-turn at the end of the strip. No screech, no wobble nothing. It was pretty clean.
Also in that article, he was talking about f1 testing and racing. Think he was still dreaming about getting into f1. Man, think now he is too old for that...
Old 12th January 2005, 09:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
There was another guy(an arab dude) on his black getz with golden stickers, guess he was drunk.. He was sitting on the door with his windows down and driving at high speed..... really crazy guys..
I saw this car. That golden film made that car look real crazy. And add to that all other jokers who were performing near by field building up that dust was just too irritating. My car was completely covered up with dust. Even hair was discolored like as though some kind of henna was used to dye the hair.

Also the safety measures were pathetic. Look at the way security guy, and official camera guys were sitting so close to the track. What if one of those cars goes up in flame and loses control? Even some gokarting tracks around here have enough tyre walls. None was here.

At one point, one idiot even throws a piece of stone on the track. Overall I would say that for a spectator, except for the cars and bikes, the place was pathetic. I don’t mind paying 50 or 100 buck if environment is much friendlier.
Old 12th January 2005, 09:58   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don’t mind paying 50 or 100 buck if environment is much friendlier.
I agree with you. In fact they should start this ticket business. They also should take some sort rules which they can follow. No point keeping some police floating all over the place.

There's a bunch of people do this kinda stupid act every time. If you look at them properly you'll find most of them are riff raffs.
Old 12th January 2005, 10:49   #41
Team-BHP Support

UPDATE: Car results are up on the first page.

Rt
Old 12th January 2005, 15:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
It was indeed him. Its he who drove that lotus.

vinsanity, I think hindu guys have read ur comment . Today they have published a photo where he was sitting on the machine and article too.

After the finish line he took a u-turn at the end of the strip. No screech, no wobble nothing. It was pretty clean.
Also in that article, he was talking about f1 testing and racing. Think he was still dreaming about getting into f1. Man, think now he is too old for that...
Oh man, I never knew that....
U mean he took part in the drag.. As in he actually drove the machine in the race....Or was it just a test dride?????
Old 12th January 2005, 15:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey, what about the bikes???
Old 12th January 2005, 15:37   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man, I never knew that....
U mean he took part in the drag.. As in he actually drove the machine in the race....Or was it just a test dride?????
I am not sure if he took part in the drag. All i know is he atleast drove that lotus on the track. Look at the pics i have posted. On in which the car passes by the security. U will be able see him driving the car wearing a cap.

When the pic loads in the imageshack, click on it to view in orig size.
Old 12th January 2005, 15:39   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Also the safety measures were pathetic. Look at the way security guy, and official camera guys were sitting so close to the track. What if one of those cars goes up in flame and loses control? Even some gokarting tracks around here have enough tyre walls. None was here.

At one point, one idiot even throws a piece of stone on the track. Overall I would say that for a spectator, except for the cars and bikes, the place was pathetic. I don’t mind paying 50 or 100 buck if environment is much friendlier.

I mean there were even guys sitting inside the boundary(those metal sheets)...
Ya, the camera men were in danger too...
First of all it was real hot and the guys doin 360's on cars made it worse by spraying dust.... Was really irritating....

I dont understand this thing about safety.... Is it because they dont have funds or what??
For ex: when Who Dares Wins came to India.. They had to stick with dares like chewing center fresh rather than challengng dares becos of lack of safety equipment etc.. When will that scenario change?!!

did u see that GSXR fall.. The ambulance(2 of them) reached the spot after the rider got back on his bike and left!!
So much for that!!!!

But inspite of all these, the evo, pug, and the bikes made the day!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks