Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 16:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Indian GP through my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Indian GP
Great capture Doc. The pictures have come out fantastic.

What mode did you catch the car trailing picture?
Old 10th November 2011, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Harish, lovely pictures. Loved each one of them.
Noob question - given the speed of the cars, any special technique you used to lock the camera focus? I assume its very difficult to lock to focus on these fast moving F1 cars, especially if your camera is perpendicular to the car.
Yup i used AF servo to keep track, went for high iso. shutter speed around 1/1600 . White balance daylight and cloudy as light played.
Then second method i used was prefocused at a particular spot wna wait for the car to come to frame.
drkakkilaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 17:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
+1 Lavish_n. I am amazed by the clarity of the pictures and they have come out really great. I too wish to know, Doc, what mode did you capture this? Did you do Photoshopping later after a Multi-Shot burst or you captured this on a single frame. If a single frame, then teach me how to Doc.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post

Af Servo / Shutter 1/1600 / iso400 / 5Fps
Waited till Only Michael s car came , and took series of shots and combined them on photoshop manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
+1 Lavish_n. I am amazed by the clarity of the pictures and they have come out really great. I too wish to know, Doc, what mode did you capture this? Did you do Photoshopping later after a Multi-Shot burst or you captured this on a single frame. If a single frame, then teach me how to Doc.
Nope not a single frame. it was sequential shots combined on photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Fantastic pictures, Dr Harish.

You seem to be seated in the same stand as me and my friends. We were on C Block of Star Stand East 2 on the Row L.

Qn: What lens were you using?

Cheers,
I was on star stand 2 east , L row.seat 21 and 22. i was wearing a red ferrari cap and was using a 300mm canon lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemmee View Post
Harish, Excellent Write- up & pics, I was wondering when some one here would post about Delhi Gp.Or are there more write ups with pics? which I missed. Can you please throw some more light on " First noise of F1 in India rang in Hydrabad few years back ".
When Mr Chandrababu Naidu was CM of Andhra pradesh he had shown interest in bringing F1 to Hydrabad but i guess his govt fell and so the interest along with it. Bangalore was ruled out due to high taxes i guess.

Last edited by manson : 10th November 2011 at 23:11. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
These are really good pictures.

Even my friend was carrying an SLR with a big lens. And we were in the same dilema as you were. We decided to risk it and it payed off.

There was a rule regarding flag poles bring not allowed. I left mine back home :(
There were guys with poles there and it was allowed. I missed the opportunity to wave my Ferrari flag.

I feel the entry restrictions should be looked into.
Not allowing bags on a full day event is pure stupidity.
Actually i did not bring the camera on friday practice sessions as i was not sure. then i saw two people carrying slr s with large lens. then i spoke to guard at the gate who told cameras were allowed.

As for the bag , i was allowed after checking. i got my backpack for camera.

Flags brought from outside were not allowed. but strangely flags brought at the merchandise were allowed. i got my force India flag for the race.

But yes theres certain fine tuning in whats allowed and not allowed needs to be done.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
]Flags brought from outside were not allowed. but strangely flags brought at the merchandise were allowed. i got my force India flag for the race.
How did they distinguished between falgs from outside and flags bought at the circuit ?

PS: I took my flag along with me on all 3 days and they allowed me. It was in my bag though
Old 10th November 2011, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Fantastic pics, Harish.

MS magic was clearly felt during the driver's parade.
Vettel came, audience started hooting, whistling and cheering.
Same happened with Webber, Hamilton and Alonso.

Then came Schumi, oh boi.!! the crowd literally exploded. He represents Mercedes now, but there were more Ferrari flags & red stuff out there when he waved out. He has actually made RED, the official color of motorsports.

If you don't mind, i shall post some pics here.

Cheers
Yeah there was more or less surprise on schumi s face ha ha ha.. for sure he had no clue that he had so many fan following in India. Last 30 years i guess watching schumi was the moment of my life.

Please feel free to post your pictures, it d be wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Excellent pics doc, and a very nice writing style. Love the way you've captured the vintage cars.
Initially i was irritated as Track Marshals were in the way, but then i decided to make them a part of frame to add more life to it. Guess worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
How did they distinguished between falgs from outside and flags bought at the circuit ?

PS: I took my flag along with me on all 3 days and they allowed me. It was in my bag though
Thats exactly i found that was ridiculous. As if the poles brought from the merchandise would not be used as weapons.

Few people had difference of opinion at the stand with the security

Last edited by manson : 10th November 2011 at 23:10. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:40   #23
BHPian

Well captured pics doc. Must have been an awesome experience; wish there was a way you could share all the burnt fuel/rubber/the fumes/the everything else that makes up the F1 circus too.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:50   #24
BHPian

Great pics sir..!! Each tells a different tale, but I got one doubt here... how did you manage to get such nice shots ? The coverage of the rally is just awesome sir. I just love all of them.
Thank you so so much for sharing. I was waiting for such a thread to appear
Old 10th November 2011, 20:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to the whole collection and especially to the above sequencial photograph. You were lucky to get a ticket for this stand with full view of the cars.

This was hell of an even, I just loved and and appreciate the efforts and outcome of the effort put in by the organizers.

I am a great fan of Schumacher too
Old 10th November 2011, 21:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I was on star stand 2 east , L row.seat 21 and 22. i was wearing a red ferrari cap and was using a 300mm canon lens.
We were just a few seats on the left of you. At a point, I wanted to borrow your len I was using a Canon 550D with 55-250 len, but your pictures have come out really well. I was in a Red T-Shirt and Schumi's Mercedes cap on the Race Day. My cousin was in a Red Ferrari T-Shirt and a Black Ferrari Cap along with me.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 11th November 2011, 12:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Few clicks from my side.

Indian GP through my eyes-alonso-large.jpg

Indian GP through my eyes-podium-1-large.jpg

Indian GP through my eyes-schumi-large.jpg

Indian GP through my eyes-schumi-3-large.jpg

Indian GP through my eyes-sls2-large.jpg

Indian GP through my eyes-sls6-large.jpg
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 12:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Kakkilaya and KPZen, awesome pics there! All of them are wallpaper material.
Doc, lovely way of penning it down as well.
So, who finally has the copyright to these pics? FIA or you guys (individually).
Old 11th November 2011, 14:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Few clicks from my side.
Thanks for making thy presence felt here and blessing this thread . Were you a marshal or something there and yeah did you get to meet Farhan(sideways) at the track ?
Old 11th November 2011, 16:11   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice shaps Kpzen and Dr. KaKKilien.

Learnings for next year.

1) Camera's allowed.
2) 18-220+ or 55-300+ Lense required.
3) Yes we always knew it was possible to shoot/catch F1 Cars in motion (all those car mags) but now we know how.

The entire series of guys on vintage cars would make for a nice collection. The marshals are all taking snaps at that time - I guess it is their payback for the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks