Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2006, 01:32   #1
BANNED

2006 INRC Delhi round cancelled ?

Hey, After checking and then again rechecking I noticed that the Delhi round of the INRC has been cancelled from the Championship and that too after having the highest number of entries in 2005 .. I wonder why ??

The event was definitely very well organised with good stages both for competitors and spectators, can't think of any reason that lead to it being scrapped ?? Also I wonder why the Chd round of the INRC got the best organised rally for 2005, after having so many cases of rally cars being stoned in the stages, also rocks popping up in the middle of the stages around corners ... I wonder how they give points to events ???

Do I smell the usual politics here as well ??? I wonder ....

Anybody who can throw light on this ....

Cheers
Old 11th March 2006, 10:08   #2
BANNED

First off... why does everyone here with a "SCOOP" think that there's some major conspiracy going on or some political pull...can things never be what they seem?
Are we in this country as messed up in our heads as the yanks?
Having said that.. lets just wait and see why the round was cancelled instead of throwing up our own theories and "reasons"
Old 11th March 2006, 10:14   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
First off... why does everyone here with a "SCOOP" think that there's some major conspiracy going on or some political pull...can things never be what they seem?
Are we in this country as messed up in our heads as the yanks?
Having said that.. lets just wait and see why the round was cancelled instead of throwing up our own theories and "reasons"
Hey, I don't see no reason for being messed up in our heads ... Its a very simple and straight forward thing !! Well run event ... sponsor still there .... organisers still there ... but no event ... do u see something in that or does one need to be blunter for you to understand ?

Anyways this thread was started to see if there was anyone who cud throw light in this issue .. instead of me believing what was told to me as the reason yesterday by someone who organises one of the best motorsport events in this country !! Coz if that is the reason then its another thumbs down for the concerned authorities ... time they pack their bags and retire and let somebody else take over ......

Cheers
Old 11th March 2006, 11:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

I heard that APRC is coming back to India this year and probably they did'nt want to manage too many events.
Old 12th March 2006, 11:14   #5
BHPian

aprc is not coming this year to india. aprc officials will be observing some rallies to decide on whether this will happen in india next year.
Old 12th March 2006, 11:17   #6
BHPian

& what about the aci speed run in delhi???will that be happening soon??
Old 12th March 2006, 11:21   #7
BHPian

yes the speed run is scheduled to run sometime soon.
Old 12th March 2006, 12:17   #8
BHPian

MAI has asked all the clubs wanting to organise a INRC event to pay 1Lakh caution deposit .. clubs that have paid are in the Calender .... Delhi has not paid and thats why its not there in the calender .. thats the official stand.
Old 20th March 2006, 00:25   #9
BHPian

im not sure about this.. but if anyone knows.. please confirm this.. wasnt there a safety issue last year in delhi about cattle on some of the stages while they were running..
Old 20th March 2006, 21:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps
im not sure about this.. but if anyone knows.. please confirm this.. wasnt there a safety issue last year in delhi about cattle on some of the stages while they were running..
yeah ,, .. the cattle were one of the complaints that every driver had about Delhi
Old 22nd March 2006, 01:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
yeah ,, .. the cattle were one of the complaints that every driver had about Delhi
so could this be one of the reasons why the delhi round was cancelled.. on safety reasons..
Old 22nd March 2006, 10:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps
so could this be one of the reasons why the delhi round was cancelled.. on safety reasons..
yep and also another reason is the NON PAYMENT of caution deposit which sealed its fate
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Haryan, I don't thing payment has anything to do with the matter. More a case of safey and other organising problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks