Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Cedia, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Swift to enter Indian Rallying!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Cedia, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Swift to enter Indian Rallying!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/11758-mitsubishi-cedia-ford-fiesta-suzuki-swift-enter-indian-rallying.html)

Guys, was reading in the ACI March issue that the INRC will now have two additional manufacturers participating - Mitsubishi (with the Cedia) and Ford (with the Fiesta!); Maruti will also be introducing the Swift.

This is good news and will definitely boost the interest levels - I for one will be following it a little more closely & with a lot more interest now that the (boring) monopoly of Balenos & Esteems may finally be over....clap: . The new entrants will apparently be ready to participate from the first round itself in May.

Thats a great news

I can't wait to see the new Lancer kitted with ralliart stuff flying on Indian rally circuits

hi suman,in which page of autocar was it published?anyway its really great news-i feel if the cedia is properly modified it can be made to look like a rally prep lancer evo

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak
hi suman,in which page of autocar was it published?anyway its really great news-i feel if the cedia is properly modified it can be made to look like a rally prep lancer evo

The mag is at home so don't have the page number....its on the lower left of a right hand page with the sports news and also carries a photo of the current champions.......PM me tomorrow if you still cannot find it and I'll let you know the page number

whats the engine in the cedia going to be. the 2.0 lts 115bhp engine? LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
whats the engine in the cedia going to be. the 2.0 lts 115bhp engine? LOL

Even if it is, with appropriate "souping up" for a works entry, it will still be way ahead of the competition on power....and handling is a class apart in any case!

Looks like there's finally something to look forward to other than Esteems, Balenos and Gypsys.

I hope GM will join the fray too - it wont be long for others to jump in once you have 2-3 big names hogging the limelight.

I hope this is all true and not just a pipedream.

What class will the CEDIA be running in?

Can someone explain the homologation procedure. CEDIA just came out.

I remember reading that the Skoda vRS is also gonna be in Indian rallying..I read it abt a year back in ACI, dunno if it gonna happen..

CEDIA could be a good attempt to INRC since its an already proven model in the toughest WRC...morover bolt on performance parts are up for grabs easily worldwide whixh is not the case with the Fiesta ..Swift can alos prove positive.

Yup, the Cedia, Fiesta 1.6 and the Swift 1.3 will be allowed in the 2006 INRC. While its pretty sure that the Cedia and Fiesta will be used by the top teams, I would love to see the Swift in the 1400cc class. Lets hope we have atleast 1 person with it.

Hey thats some gud news atleast we ave a change now !! anyways was boared of esteems

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
. whixh is not the case with the Fiesta ..Swift can alos prove positive.

Fiesta hatchback is really popular in European junior class (FWD), parts should be no probs.

EVO uses a wider track compared to CEDIA, but still parts should be aplenty.

Let me guess, team yellow is running the CEDIA !!! and team red is running the Swifts !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Let me guess, team yellow is running the CEDIA !!! and team red is running the Swifts !!!

Nice guess!

What about Team Tata? They were planning a sport version with a 100 bhp Indica. Any news about J Anand's progress with that lot?

Quote:

Would you like to ask the audience or call a friend!!

The Swift is in the 1400cc class, so competing with that against the Cedia is not on the cards for sure.

I'd place my money on both top teams using the same machinery. Maybe one Cedia and one Fiesta or something like that.