Team-BHP - Official Thread : Bangalore Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Official Thread : Bangalore Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/12564-official-thread-bangalore-speedrun-06-report-pics-video.html)

hey guys jus got back from jakkur. 3cheers for the organisers of this event-the security arrangement was top class. the idea of having guard dogs was simply superb. one very strange thing i noticed was a zen which was practising in the pro-stock class(game over stickers) this zen was really rocking. it looked just to fast to be stock.... can somebody elaborate more on the exact restrictions in mods in the pro stock....??

whatever happened to leelas swift and super vtec?? never saw them run today....did they run??dom's custom chasi supra mill?? atleast the zens that i saw dragging had way off timings 17's late 18's etc.

ps: even with all these security arrangments we had coupla wannabes trying out cheap stunts off track. the funniest was a dio and activa guy doing wheelies continously as though they were gettin payed.in the end they happened to get the attention that so badly were craving for from the police mammu's chasing away such jokers:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljun
hey guys jus got back from jakkur. 3cheers for the organisers of this event-the security arrangement was top class. the idea of having guard dogs was simply superb. one very strange thing i noticed was a zen which was practising in the pro-stock class(game over stickers) this zen was really rocking. it looked just to fast to be stock.... can somebody elaborate more on the exact restrictions in mods in the pro stock....??

the zens with game over stickers are from mumbai....did they win anything today??

Guys,

I guess you can now come out and post details of the speedrun which happened today and is going to happen tomorow. So bangy boys and draggers pour in with details, pics, vids as i am damn excited to know what the V-Zens et all have done clap:

Cheers

BUSA

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljun
whatever happened to leelas swift and super vtec?? never saw them run today....did they run??

Leela's vtec did do the practice run. But i think something went wrong. Looked more like a blown engine half way. Guys who are participating could confirm.

@ V1p3r/Mclaren. What happened mates? I was looking at mid 16's for your run. Anyways, good show guys.

Wolf had a pretty good run in his vtec. I don't remember his exact ET. But its around 16.5 fore sure. I think he stands second in the pro-stock class. Should be able to confirm tomorrow.

@ Psycho / Rocam: Good luck for tomorrow. Your steeds were looking good down the strip.

The superbikes practice runs were definite eye-candy. Loads of them unlike the Mumbai round. Busa's, R1's, Gixxers, CBR's and a lot more. Guess almost everyone who owns a superbike in town was there. One of the Busa's clocked 10.2 in the practice run.

The icing of course was the Porsche vs. Supra practice run. Was the Porsche a 944 and who's car is it? Wished him luck for tomorrow at a traffic signal on the way back and he very politely accepted them. What happened to the PUG in the second practice run.? Looks like it was struggling too.

Good show by the organisers. Things were much better planned this time around. Except for the timing towers going down in the wind!!

Can't wait for tomorrow. SBKs, FI cars, Indian Open and Foreign class tomorrow. Should be fun.

No snaps people. I wasn't carrying a cam.

It was an ok day in all....a few wind problems leading to the display board and the food tent falling down..i almost came under that solid steel but somehow just escaped...the run was fine but a bit boring...best part of the day was the superbikes doing their practice run..i think some real nice pics and videos have been taken by the guys...post them soon

The best I managed was about a 16.7 in my second practice run. We got the car out just in time, and my practice runs were actually the first time I was hitting a 400m stretch with it. I guess knowing the clutch better, or getting decent suspension for the strip would have shaved a clear 0.5 second off. But hey, what counts is my timing, which was only a 17.000

Tomorrow I am driving a twin-cam Zen in the Unrestricted class. No nitrous! stupid: But today we were doing 15.xx, and I was pretty much keeping up with Ford Rocams Civic/City.

Hey Joz, why don't you give me a buzz when you land?

Guys, how about some timings and videos eh?

Well , v1p3r did manage a fabulous job with my car .. The work on the car was completed only by 11 today whereas the practise session was supposed to have begun by then .. Having no experience of driving the car before or practising it since the mods made it very difficult for him to just get on the strip and get going .. Anways 17.001 is a brilliant timing according to me .. The timings will certainly fall down with some practise ..

Also v1p3r in a NA twin cam zen is participating in the unrestricted class and today kept up with ford rocams city who also wasnt firing NOS .. The twin cam is putting arnd 120-140 bhp stock .. But running a twin carb setup done up by psycho ..

Also a big shout out to monish , a tbhpian and a very dear friend of ours who did a 17.1 with a stock baleno with only suspension work by psycho ..

Congrats to wolf for getting a good ET and maybe a podium finish too .. So wolf , why dont u tell us more about ur mods and the costs ??

A even bigger shout out to psycho for doing up my car on such a short notice .. The car moves like a rocket , still a few mods need to be done in the near future .. Psycho lets talk it over a cup of coffee .. For more details on my mods i shall post a new thread starting the conversion from a brand new car - accident - the modding part ..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Timings people.. someone put up the timings please

Yeah I know, now its too late, they'll all be there. Guess I have to wait till the evening for some timings, videos and news.

Timing display boards fell down, so we didn't get too much of a look into that.

I'm off...

congrats To Ford Rocam............
Just Got News That He Ended Up Second In The Foreign Open
category With His B-16a With 14.3 Secs
the Supra Came First And The Porche Turbo Third.......

As I Said Jitu All The Practise Helped U Like Crazy....

Congrats Again

congrats and WELL DONE JITU !!!

ps:- did the g-tech help ???

what happened to the timings?? seems like nobody has a clue..?
yesterday after havin lunch on my way back to jakkur saw coupla guys(a swift,grey zen,honda city ... dragin on the road. they were doing 100+ on those crowded roads narrowly missing people and driving very rashly. amazingly they were participants in the drag(had speedrun stickers all over). all those cars had jigaa written on their rear bumpers,, what does it mean?? any clues??:)