Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 02:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

For those who come in late...

I was just sitting and watching my track videos and picking holes in my lines when I remembered what it felt like. The pros like Poncho and Sideways and BikerSG are probably a lot more relaxed out there, but for a snapshot of a newbie's mind, read on...

Come down the last turn...shift down to second and the engine whines in protest, but you're already on the gas, edging forward. The black Honda is just behind, pulling hard, its secondary cam profile kicking in. It grows larger in the mirror. Everything slows down. You suddenly realise just how wild the secondary cam on the Honda is. You don't stand a chance. But you have the right line, and it can't push you off the line. You are approaching redline...WHAM, you shift into 3rd...the Honda is closing in, the 600 extra revs in each gear helping. But then he shifts, and you hear the cam whine die down as he loses that crucial split second.

The main straight...you are aware of the stands...the guys are waving...it's all in slow motion at the fastest speed you can hit. The arch approaches...you're hitting over 150...3rd gear is almost at redline...the arch is overhead...dab the brakes...change line NOW....hug the inside...come down to C2...where every car guy loses it sooner or later...you pray your line is right atleast this time...bang back into 2nd, and the revs rise to over 7000...mechanical over-rev, the ECU is powerless to prevent it...you're doing 120 in 2nd in the Baleno as you dab the brakes, commit to the right, and power through. You're not Karun or JD, so your tyres squeal. You see Rupees being burnt, as you lay a thick track of rubber down. You grin psychotically. The car straightens out...you look to C3...anything is easier than C2, and the left hander passes easily...oh no its the S and the hairpin...straighten the S...you can NEVER get the right line on the hairpin...power out of it wheels spinnng again, yes you're grinning wildly again...where's that Honda now?

Bang into 3rd down the small back straight...time for the slow left, but you know this line down pat...shift to 2nd, power over the bridge. Ride 2nd to 3rd into the last turn...out of it in 3rd...you're down on revs so you shift back into 2nd...power out big...yes it's bloody wheelspinning like crazy...the main straight awaits and the Honda is now next to you...
Old 13th May 2006, 03:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

That was some experience,heh.

I feel bad for all those who missed the track days.

There's nothing more fun for a car-nut than going berserk on a race track.
Old 13th May 2006, 09:57   #3
BHPian

nice run bro but remember doing that with a shereding lf tyre...........
Old 13th May 2006, 10:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you can NEVER get the right line on the hairpin..
hahah! I feel exactly the same way about those darn corners!
Old 13th May 2006, 11:05   #5
BHPian

True True True R-tech!!
Old 13th May 2006, 11:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m
nice run bro but remember doing that with a shereding lf tyre...........
Was that me or you?
Old 13th May 2006, 11:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey, 150kmph on the main straight is awesome dude. Me n Wolf could only manage a max speed of 135kmph (speedo) on the Vtec.

Hoping to see your car, next time around.

Shan2nu
Old 13th May 2006, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!!

Neat experiance!!This is one of the first things i gotta do once i get my licence
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
.............you're doing 120 in 2nd in the Baleno.........
Really?...Damn...i thought my car was special....but srsly what revs were you pulling in this gear??

binz
Old 14th May 2006, 19:57   #9
BHPian

bro u started the process and i managed to totally destory it but we both had teh guts to sit in the car doing 150 on the main strait..............just reminded u...................
Old 16th May 2006, 00:05   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hey, 150kmph on the main straight is awesome dude. Me n Wolf could only manage a max speed of 135kmph (speedo) on the Vtec.

Hoping to see your car, next time around.

Shan2nu
At the 1st track day i managed to do a 150+ on v1p3r's car however reaching the same top speeds on the other track days didnt seem quite that easy (maybe because the 2nd time the car was running on worn out rubber and on the 3rd my 3 days old baleno wasnt just upto the mark) .. I think i might have a vid from the 1st track day where the car was almost hitting 155 on the back straight , shall see if i can upload it ..
Old 16th May 2006, 01:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

U guys didn't upload the video of the EVO6 on the track.
Old 18th May 2006, 17:05   #12

hey nitrous no body can afford to beserk on a race track.if u want your vehicle to be towed back then its ok.racetracks are supposed to be controlled racing environments where a lot of thinking is involved. i should know
Old 18th May 2006, 17:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey nitrous no body can afford to beserk on a race track.if u want your vehicle to be towed back then its ok.racetracks are supposed to be controlled racing environments where a lot of thinking is involved. i should know
Welcome to Chennai track-days
Old 18th May 2006, 18:24   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
I bet u should know .. Here is our man who all thought achieved the impossible on the MMST .. Welcome to tbhp gulzar ..
Old 18th May 2006, 18:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Shipwreck is Gulzar??? The Superman of Chennai Track??

Welcome to Team-bhp,man.
How's ur toe,btw??

Quote:
Experience speaks,heh?

Last edited by nitrous : 18th May 2006 at 18:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks