Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2006, 01:57   #1
zen
BHPian

Hakone Go Kart Track, Powai - Your fastest lap timing

Was at Hakone today and did a 30.35 today.. bettering my previous best by a second. What are your fastest times there?

Also, I noticed a poster put up for go kart training being conducted by some national level champ (can't remember his name) at Hakone for 2 days (20th and 21st May).. total cost Rs.5,100/- (which includes 100 laps). Guess this is too late for anyone who wants to go.. but just in case. Their telephone number is 25797373.
Old 20th May 2006, 14:09   #2
BHPian

27.00 flat on van guards..
and 28.9 on normal karts

cheers...

that guys name is Rayomond Banajee

Last edited by ported_head : 20th May 2006 at 14:15.
Old 20th May 2006, 15:49   #3
BHPian

My fastest on the hondas is a 29.13 .And on the Vangaurds its 26.64 . O ya That is rayos camp i guess even ameya doing it with him ! The are the 2 main instructers at this camp ! Its a very good camp for people who wanna learn how to kart and basic racing techniques ! I was assisting ameya in the last camp in april . Rayo and ameya hav been national karting champions and have very good experience in karts and single seater race cars abroad and in india ! They will even be doin a ADVANCED KARTING SCHOOL later on !
Old 20th May 2006, 23:39   #4
BHPian

I qualified for the TIMES DRIVE KARTING challenge today . I clocked a 29.03 on the hondas on ma 1st attempt itslef . Im quite happy with my timing cuz i sat on a go kart directly after my last race 4 months back ! Even CheatingDeath qualified . Me and Cheating Death are goin to coimbatore on the 2nd for the MAI MRF CHAMPIONSHIP .... are any other team-Bhpians taking part ? Are any members taking part in the times karting challenge ?
Old 21st May 2006, 23:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ok..now this could be the official Tbhp joke...I've clocked 29.5; on the Vanguard...(the famous red kart no.10)..! 30.5 on the Honda...! And that was about a year back, with zero experience. Why am I SO slow, you ask..? It's not 'cause I can't drive, but because I weigh 98 kgs+ with gear. I tried to qualify for last year's JK championship, (the qualifying time was 32 seconds), and I did a measly 33.9, just because I weighed in at 98 kgs with gear. Nevertheless, I was happy that I was the fastest in the "heavyweight" category...2 others weighed as much as me, & I beat 'em...
Old 22nd May 2006, 01:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Ok..now this could be the official Tbhp joke...I've clocked 29.5; on the Vanguard...(the famous red kart no.10)..! 30.5 on the Honda...! And that was about a year back, with zero experience. Why am I SO slow, you ask..? It's not 'cause I can't drive, but because I weigh 98 kgs+ with gear. I tried to qualify for last year's JK championship, (the qualifying time was 32 seconds), and I did a measly 33.9, just because I weighed in at 98 kgs with gear. Nevertheless, I was happy that I was the fastest in the "heavyweight" category...2 others weighed as much as me, & I beat 'em...
LOL lOL ur talking about the Kart no 10 (RED AND WHITE kart.SACHIN TENDULKARS PERSONAL KART SOMETIME BACK ....sum ppl gotta drive it though like me:P ) N yeh about the weight issue i guess ur quite good ....but ur weight is affecting the lap times .....nwyz r u taking part in the TIMES KARTING CHAPIONSHIP ? HEHE IM THE DEFENDING CHAMPION lol
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:37   #7
BHPian

so what are the details of this carting championship. where do i go to qualify. last time i searched around the leela for about an hour but could not find the track. can any one please tell me the exact location of that track.
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
dude.. we're sailing in the same boat, i weigh 120kgs, and am 6'4" tall, had participated in the MAI INKC in pune 2yrs ago, and was in the middle order...

I used to kart with rayo and farhad chinoy (dont know if you know him, he's a brilliant driver)

My best timing on the Pune MRF 1st track was 36.06, and the overall best laptime was 34.02

P.S. these timings were on the regular dino karts with honda engines, they did have pro karts with twin engines, but that track is too narrow for 'em...

also, that track shut down 6 months ago, so theres no decent karting track in pune anymore!!!

anyone willing to invest in a karting track in pune???

cheers!
Shrivz...
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe
so what are the details of this carting championship. where do i go to qualify. last time i searched around the leela for about an hour but could not find the track. can any one please tell me the exact location of that track.
HEY the track your talking about has shut . IM TALKING ABOUT FORMULA KARTING ( it was right opposite the entrace of leela ) . This time the times karting championship is taking place at Powai - hakone karting track . They will be having the Jk track for the race .
Old 26th June 2007, 21:21   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
dude.. we're sailing in the same boat, i weigh 120kgs, and am 6'4" tall, had participated in the MAI INKC in pune 2yrs ago, and was in the middle order...

I used to kart with rayo and farhad chinoy (dont know if you know him, he's a brilliant driver)

My best timing on the Pune MRF 1st track was 36.06, and the overall best laptime was 34.02

P.S. these timings were on the regular dino karts with honda engines, they did have pro karts with twin engines, but that track is too narrow for 'em...

also, that track shut down 6 months ago, so theres no decent karting track in pune anymore!!!

anyone willing to invest in a karting track in pune???

cheers!
Shrivz...
Wait !!! STOP & THINK -- weight does make a difference -- but you'll have to see it in the correct way in the positive way, how can IT help you'll. Either go doubly as fast as the lighties or just say im happy with my timings which will soon become your time... duh ! Well im no 1 to say this as i have never been heavyweight. Wat im trying to say 'never give up' for anything !!! ..as when i raced i always had 1 thing in my mind "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE" , something i havnt shared with many... apart from my true competitor RAYOMAND.
best wishes and loads of luck to every Indian Racer in our country,
Farhad
.p.s.) in racing you have no friends !
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

I clocked 32.27 in a Honda today.

The track record is 26.67
Old 28th September 2007, 04:05   #12
BHPian

i recently went for Rayomand 's camp
at hakone

first experience
records the same as above
i weigh 70 kgs and i did it at 29.70 on the no 10 cart
very un consistant times but was trying too much
have to go back alone and fresh and KILL it

i need a track i crave a track
in or near mumbai
somebody do something please , PLEASE!!!

+ sure the record was set when the carts were new , now they are all a mess

my god i need money
damn i neeed a track

some body spend some money in Karjat???

damn i need a track
damn i need brembo G T tooo

you lucky guys rock on

upload nice media
cheers
Cy
Old 28th September 2007, 06:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
i recently went for Rayomand 's camp
at hakone
What was that like? Care to share your experience with us?
Old 14th January 2009, 23:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I clocked 32.27 in a Honda today.

The track record is 26.67
Did a 31.00 today after a gap of more than a year.
Old 14th January 2009, 23:39   #15
Team-BHP Support

i think ive managed a 30.xx ( mid thirties) on the normal useless karts. i weigh about 88kgs. i think thats just about ok. the karts seem to keep getting worse and worse. karts are formula karting were so much better, its a pity that closed down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks