Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:43   #16

Re: Experience: Nissan GT Academy - From an Indian Finalist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Congrats Glen!
You lucky yet deserving bloke! All the physical training paid off eh? Well done man.
Make Bangalore proud

Better start my preparations for next year
Firstly, I need a PS3 (or PS4 lol).
Dad, are you listening?
Haha, I am lucky indeed! well, it's only going to get amplified in the UK!
yes! buy a second hand playstation atleast to give you a feel for what it's like, otherwise, I see you're in Bangalore, so you're more than welcome to come home and try out my humble rig!
Also, do reach out to these guys,
1. Sushant Balsekar
2. Darren Cox
3. Nissan India
4. GT Academy
Let them know how much we want the Academy to come back every year! I can't take part ever, so you guys must kill it next year!
psycho_dtg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dtg View Post

When I head GT Academy was coming to India, I did not waste any time, I bought a second hand PS3 and a second hand steering wheel, the logitech Driving Force GT, in hindsight, I wish I bought a logitech G27, I can do a separate post to address equipment and how it makes a difference, here is a picture of my budget, rudimentary racing rig. I immediately signed-up and began my preparation for phase 2.

Live to Drive!
Hearty congrats mate. This is what we call as 'enjoying the dream'. I registered for the GT academy but couldn't participate as I had no practice on the PS3 console at all.

Moving to an off topic question : I have also recently bought a used PS3 320 GB console and this is specially for GT5/GT6. Off late I have developed an itch for a racing wheel as I feel the usual controllers aren't giving me the required feel/experience. I have come across two offerings in the market from Logitech i.e. the Driving force GT and G27. The former perfectly fits in my budget but the later is out of reach by leaps and bounds.

I would love hear from you as which one should I go for and are there any alternates in the market.

Below is my post which was initially posted in the respective thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3475696
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Glen!

For me video games were just entertainment, but you've brought it to a different level.

Hats off to your commitment and wishing you the best.

Drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:14   #19
BHPian

Wonderful article Glen!!
All the very best for your stint in the UK!
Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 09:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ! I heard about this from Prakash
Kudos to him too for beating youngsters.

Do keep us posted and all the best.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 14:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great news and one of the finalist here, Mr Prakash Nair is a friend of mine. I knew of this through this thread and already called him to say all the best. Well done all and all the best for the future.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2014 at 14:19. Reason: Post edited. Please always add spaces after punctuation marks.
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 19:49   #22
BHPian

Congrats Glen, wonderful job done
I must say you are one heck of a tenacious man looking at the way you prepared for the event. If I am not mistaken, highlights of this event were shown on NDTV Car and Bike show. I did watch that particular show and you know what, a thought crossed my mind that day that there must be at least one BHPian among the six finalists. And I came across this thread today
IIRC, one of the fellow BHPians did well in the Polo R Cup last year. You have gone a step ahead. Congrats again and all the best for Silverstone. Do keep us posted...
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 23:52   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Congrats Glen, wonderful job done
I must say you are one heck of a tenacious man looking at the way you prepared for the event. If I am not mistaken, highlights of this event were shown on NDTV Car and Bike show. I did watch that particular show and you know what, a thought crossed my mind that day that there must be at least one BHPian among the six finalists. And I came across this thread today
IIRC, one of the fellow BHPians did well in the Polo R Cup last year. You have gone a step ahead. Congrats again and all the best for Silverstone. Do keep us posted...
Hey Mahesh, well, this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity, I wouldn't want to wake-up one day wishing I pushed harder! also, to be honest, there are Americans and Europeans who have trained specifically for the Academy for over 2 years, so I'm still in some ways a long way off! Yes, there was a feature on NDTV as well! a lot of the reviews and posts on tBhp has served as a great motivator! I really do owe my petrol bug to this forum! well, thank you, won't be long before more of us BHPians take Indian motorsports to new heights! and YES, I will do everything I can to narrate every detail of Silverstone! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Great news and one of the finalist here, Mr Prakash Nair is a friend of mine. I knew of this through this thread and already called him to say all the best. Well done all and all the best for the future.
Well that's great! in some ways, the 6 of us are in this together so please do reach out to the other guys as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats ! I heard about this from Prakash
Kudos to him too for beating youngsters.

Do keep us posted and all the best.
Looks like Mr. Prakash has nice fan following and after meeting him personally, I'm not surprised! will definitely keep tBhp posted as much as I can, thank you!b
Old 25th July 2014, 09:33   #24
BHPian

Congratulations mate!!!

This is just awesome. Hats off to you Glen. It's quite inspiring to read about how you worked towards your dream. Moral of the story, hard work pays off. Really happy for you and I hope you ace the Silverstone challenge. Looking forward to reading more about your exploits.
Old 25th July 2014, 23:04   #25
BHPian

This is great news bro ! Wish you the best for Silverstone, make us proud. I have an xbox 360 gathering dust which was gifted by a friend, may be its time I should dust it and try my hands on it . Who knows where it might get me

Last edited by prguru : 25th July 2014 at 23:06. Reason: typo
prguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 18:51   #26
BHPian

Hey!

Happy to see sim racers see some success.

A little rant: Pity these console boxes dont have any real simulators. iRacing, Assetto Corsa, LFS are the real deal. They have a great physics engine unlike GranTurismo and some others.

I spend a couple hours at night with my beloved G27, we do couple hours of competitive Formula BMW races and call it a day..

Anyone else who wants to do Sim racing, do send me a pm.

Thanks and Regards
muditgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 01:47   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Congratulations mate!!!

This is just awesome. Hats off to you Glen. It's quite inspiring to read about how you worked towards your dream. Moral of the story, hard work pays off. Really happy for you and I hope you ace the Silverstone challenge. Looking forward to reading more about your exploits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
This is great news bro ! Wish you the best for Silverstone, make us proud. I have an xbox 360 gathering dust which was gifted by a friend, may be its time I should dust it and try my hands on it . Who knows where it might get me
hehe thank you man, however, there is no Gran - Turismo on the xbox you will need a playstation for this one I'm afraid! but there are tons of second hand ones available and these machines are built like rocks! you can always take part next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Hey!

Happy to see sim racers see some success.

A little rant: Pity these console boxes dont have any real simulators. iRacing, Assetto Corsa, LFS are the real deal. They have a great physics engine unlike GranTurismo and some others.

I spend a couple hours at night with my beloved G27, we do couple hours of competitive Formula BMW races and call it a day..

Anyone else who wants to do Sim racing, do send me a pm.

Thanks and Regards
Hey Mudit, it's awesome to see your passion for sim racing! I'm frequently watching the "Inside Sim Racing" videos on youtube! I have heard from a few reliable sources that the physics on these sim racers are so much more advanced, I guess Gran-Turismo still has to hit that mass market appeal but I've seen a lot of people graduate to hardcore sim racing after playing GT! So in some ways, you can say that GT compliments sim racing! you should probably do a post on your sim racing set-up and all, I would love to see pics of your rig and equipment! sounds really fascinating!

Regards,
Glen

UPDATE :

So I got my Visa yesterday! FINALLY, everything is set! I'm leaving on 7th August! I'm super excited, I've hired a BMW on wednesday the 30th, to get a feel of a proper RWD car (I know, I sound like a noob, well, I sort of am). Last little crunch time period! woohoo!
psycho_dtg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 09:39   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats bud! Classic stuff. Happy to know someone cracked it from the BHP family.

As someone else said, you definitely are an inspiration to a lot of us. I was thinking of participating in this stuff; was thinking this is just a game station thing. However my current job kept me away (like many other things). For good, am moving into a new job and I hope I'll have more time dedicated to "fun" things in my life. Just like you did, the first thing to do is to improve my fitness levels. Sitting in front of the machine whole day has seriously brought the energy levels down.

Go enjoy your time in Silverstone and bring us more good news please.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th July 2014 at 09:52.
Old 30th July 2014, 12:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dtg View Post
hehe thank you man, however, there is no Gran - Turismo on the xbox you will need a playstation for this one I'm afraid! but there are tons of second hand ones available and these machines are built like rocks! you can always take part next year!

Hey Mudit, it's awesome to see your passion for sim racing! I'm frequently watching the "Inside Sim Racing" videos on Youtube! I have heard from a few reliable sources that the physics on these sim racers are so much more advanced, I guess Gran-Turismo still has to hit that mass market appeal but I've seen a lot of people graduate to hardcore sim racing after playing GT! So in some ways, you can say that GT compliments sim racing! you should probably do a post on your sim racing set-up and all, I would love to see pics of your rig and equipment! sounds really fascinating!

Regards,
Glen

UPDATE :

So I got my Visa yesterday! FINALLY, everything is set! I'm leaving on 7th August! I'm super excited, I've hired a BMW on wednesday the 30th, to get a feel of a proper RWD car (I know, I sound like a noob, well, I sort of am). Last little crunch time period! woohoo!
I am happy for you brother. I am planning to create an Indian Online Sim Racing League. Already have a LFS server but I am looking at Assetto Corsa right now. AC has a wide variety of tracks and cars available that including GT and GP2 ones. I will make a thread of my rig and also trying to collaborate with the Indian Sim Racers. Will send you a pm so we keep in touch.

Best of luck!
muditgrover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 18:55   #30

UPDATE

All right gentlemen! The time has come! I'm leaving to Race-Camp! I'm nervous and excited! Looking at what has been happening there, this is going to be BIGGER than a dream come true! I don't think I will have access to any social media while I am there so do follow this page to see how we progress!

https://www.facebook.com/GTAcademy?fref=ts

Going to give it my all and hopefully, do our nation proud! Thank you once again for all the kind messages and support, it's really humbling! See you soon!

Glen
psycho_dtg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks