Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 07:10   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Purple Club Torque Day - XUV5OOs @ Madras Motorsports Race Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Pardon my knowledge here but what exactly made these XUVs super XUV? Was it extra BHPs and toque or was it something else?
Here are more technical details about the Super XUV:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...uv-343540.aspx
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 23:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I was planning to attend this event with my friend, but had some important commitments at the last minute, so had to give it a miss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
I was also planning to attend this event but had to give it a miss due to personal work at Bangalore. Very sad for not being part of such a wonderful event.
Dont miss it the next time guys. I was also not sure if I wanted to travel all the way to Chennai for this event or not. But then finally let my heart rule. And it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Memories you would surely cherish. Your excitement clearly shows in the pics!
So, did you check the state of the tyres following the event?
Those were some real good memories. Yup checked the tyres post the event. Were looking fine. Still like I mentioned, with all the squealing I heard during the drive, am sure I would have lost atleast a couple of thousands of kms of tire life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Wish I could have participated in that event. I didnt receive any email about this event . I am registered in Purple club too. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
we aren't we getting such invitations here in pune? its so nice to be part of such events.
Maybe they only send this particular event mailer to owners with cars registered in south. The last 2 times it was in Budh circuit. Why dont you start pushing your RM's. Am sure mahindra will surely conduct similar events in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Good report and pictures, thanks for sharing!

Absolutely, GTO! I miss the M&M family events(so does my family- My son even asked me as to why Toyota does not hold any of such nice events for the owners & the families like the M&M did) with the Toyota. M&M, sure knows to keep their customers engaged and connected well. There are days where I still feel sad for letting my Black Scorpio go!
M&M surely knows how to pamper their customers. Even post the event the M&M officials took the effort to discuss with us about the vehicle, what we felt was missing, how to improve etc. And they heard our feedbacks with utmost attention. Just improves your overall customer experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Wonderful snaps of the day.

I wish to participate in such an event... may be someday when I get an opportunity..

Thanks for sharing the snaps & the about the event.
After this event, which was the first time in my life, I surely am looking forward for any similar events in the future. So lets hope to meet soon someday at such an event.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 15th August 2014 at 23:37.
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 04:17   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the report!

What sort of speeds did you carry into Corner 1 at mmst ?
Old 16th August 2014, 07:32   #19
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Maybe they only send this particular event mailer to owners with cars registered in south.
I did not get any invite although my XUV 500 is registered at Chennai RTO. Perhaps, Mahindra invited some short-listed XUV 500 and Rexton owners in Chennai/Bangalore based on some criteria. The sales executive of India Garage called me a coupla weeks back when I was in Bangalore, informed me of the torque day on 10 August 2014 at Sriperumpudur racing track, assured me that he would send the invite and link for registration for the programme and took my email ID although all my contact details were very much available with them. But, I did not receive any mail from them. On 7 August 2014, he called me again to verify whether I had registered for the event. I told him that I did not receive any mail from Mahindra and I would return to Chennai only on 11 August 2014 morning. So, I informed him that I won't be able to participate in the event. BTW, I was told that the registration fee was ₹ 1,000.

Old 16th August 2014, 08:56   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

From off roading events to track days! Kudos to M&M for doing their share to promote motor sports in the country. Although I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a track with my truck , it was fun reading your experience .
Old 16th August 2014, 14:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Thanks for the report!

What sort of speeds did you carry into Corner 1 at mmst ?

I couldnt look at the speedo while driving but still I would assume 100-110kmph. The lead car which I got a chance to ride in later was touching 110-120 speeds before hitting the curves and while driving my car earlier I was able to catch up with the lead car most of the times. Believe this was mainly due to rextons autogear shift not matching against XUV's manual shift.

Mods: I know mentioning speeds is not encouraged here but hope this wont break the rules considering it was in a controlled environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I did not get any invite although my XUV 500 is registered at Chennai RTO. Perhaps, Mahindra invited some short-listed XUV 500 and Rexton owners in Chennai/Bangalore based on some criteria. The sales executive of India Garage called me a coupla weeks back when I was in Bangalore, informed me of the torque day on 10 August 2014 at Sriperumpudur racing track, assured me that he would send the invite and link for registration for the programme and took my email ID although all my contact details were very much available with them. But, I did not receive any mail from them. On 7 August 2014, he called me again to verify whether I had registered for the event. I told him that I did not receive any mail from Mahindra and I would return to Chennai only on 11 August 2014 morning. So, I informed him that I won't be able to participate in the event. BTW, I was told that the registration fee was ₹ 1,000.
IF you were around on the day you could have dropped in. The cutoff was 150 cars, but from what I heard out there only 60 cars participated. So I think any one interested could have drove in and registered there itself. 1000bucks for 2 people. I saw a lot of people from Chennai come with entire family - kids, elderly parents and all. Not sure if they were charged extra as there were no tokens or anything for food or snacks. End of the day, am sure they had a great picnic outing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
From off roading events to track days! Kudos to M&M for doing their share to promote motor sports in the country. Although I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a track with my truck , it was fun reading your experience .
Thanks DryIce. Not everyone who participated pushed their XUV's to its limits. Most drove their beasts very tamely, especially those who came with families and wives, no offence there.. . So you could still do it without risking your truck and still enjoy the track day experience.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 21:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Pardon my knowledge here but what exactly made these XUVs super XUV? Was it extra BHPs and toque or was it something else?
Those machines are completely stripped off before being redone at the RRR factory. I have seen them being done. A factory fresh SUV rolls into RRR and with in 2 hours, you cant recognize its interiors. Power adds from the fully remapped ECUs and lighter and moded pistons and crankshafts apart from the exhaust and intake treatments.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 18:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

I sent an email to the purpleclub stating that I didnt receive the invitation via email and sms , and I am from Tamilnadu also. Here is their reply.

Quote:
Dear Mr Vasanth,

Our sincere apologies for the delayed response. We had sent out emailers to customers asking for participation in the Purple Club Torque Day. Also we had sent out SMS to customers however sometimes customers do not receive the SMS since they have opted for NDNC through the network provider.

We will definitely check at our backend as to why you have not received the invite and let you know today end of day.

We definitely appreciate your feedback and will ensure that you don’t miss out a single Purple Club event henceforth. Its heartening to see the coverage from passionate purple club members on teambhp.com.

To keep updated on the latest on Purple Club, please do visit mahindrapurpleclub.com

Regards,
Anand Bundellu
undead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks