Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 19:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder

Folks! Most of us are sulking when its a Monday morning. Same job, presentation, sales reviews, follow-ups et al. But by god's grace me and my friend Rohan (bhpian Rohan Dhiman) enjoyed a hot Monday afternoon with a go-karting session at Worlds of Wonder in The Great India Place Mall, opposite Sector 18, Noida.

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1877.jpg

So, after having breakfast at 11:30am today, called up Rohan to know if we can meet at around 2 or 3pm today. Finally, we met at 2:15pm. Rohan in his trademark unofficially official attire was waiting for me at Costa Coffee in the mall.

After meeting, we headed straight to the ticket counter to buy tickets for 2 sessions i.e a total of 6 minutes and paid INR 800/- We were allotted the passes along with wrist bands.

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1876.jpg

As we entered the arena, my phone was ready to click!

Pics of the track and the establishment:

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1878.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1880.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1881.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1882.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1883.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1884.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1891.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1889.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1890.jpg

The form of indemnity to be filled before driving the cart.

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1879.jpg

Now, before I move ahead, let me tell you all, Rohan had been permitted to do go karting today by his wife after he promised to buy the groceries.

Here is our dude on the track!

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1885.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1886.jpg

Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder-photo1887.jpg

Here is the track video. Rohan did fairly well in comparison to the professionals.

So, over all it was a fantastic stint at the karting track today and Rohan pledged he would make me do the karting too next time.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 25th August 2014 at 19:35. Reason: video added
ad3952n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 23:46   #2
BHPian

re: Go Karting in Noida @ Worlds of Wonder

Hi there,

It definitely seems you had quite a blast.

I went there in June, and I had a great time as well. But I must add that the condition of the track is not that good, as you might have noticed. It's part asphalt and part gravel in some places.

Plus the only way you can drive the more powerful twin engine karts is if you have membership, which is about 30k per year.

I also felt that they must add timing devices on the otherwise well-maintained karts.

But a great track nonetheless, definitely fills a void in the north.

Cheers!
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 11:59   #3
BHPian

Re: Go Karting in Noida: A Bhpian's Story- The Drivers PoV

Due to certain reasons it was declared on Sunday that our offices would be closed on Monday. Result: Happy Me. Downside: Nothing to do on a Monday.

Got a surprise call from Akash and decided to finally go and check out the karting track at GIP, Noida. They advertised it as being the larges in Northern Indian and being a petrolhead, I was intrigued.

I will try and sum up my 6 minutes on the track as crisply as possible for the benefit of the brethren here.

Akash and I hit the track at 245pm and it was fairly hot and sweaty yesterday. You pay INR 400 for a 3 minute session on the track. Akash for some reason chickened out and refused to drive. I decided to buy 2 session and thereby would be on the track for a total of 6 minutes.

As we entered the lounge area, there was not a sole in sight and I was rather glad that I would be on the track on my own. Form signed and helmet procured, I went outside on the track towards the carts.

The karts are powered by a four stroke engine and I would have loved to see them powered by the louder and screaming two stokes!

The engine is placed to the right of the driver (you sit in the center) and this makes for a rather awkward driving position. This is because there is no protective cover over the engine meaning there is no place to rest your right elbow. This meant I had to sit leaning ever so slightly towards the left to ensure I don't burn my elbow/hand.

Another downside of the kart is that the steering rods are right under your calf as you hunker down and sit and tend to rub against it. Big mistake by me to wear cargo shorts and not jeans.

Power is adequate and I am told more powerful karts are available. The heat was getting to me and I didn't bother asking about those.

I was informed by a marshal there that usually in 3 minutes, guests have been managing between 2-3 laps. I did a total of 8 laps in 6 minutes and was averaging between 47-49 seconds. This is after 7 years of getting on a karting track. The professions with the bigger karts lap in about 40-44 seconds. I have happy with how I performed.

For the price paid, the track surface has to be made better. Bits of the track are nothing but loose gravel and the tarmac isn't as smooth as I expected it to.

Overall I would rate it 6/10.

Will I go again? Most probably, yes since there is no other alternate available.

A big thanks to Akash for planning the visit yesterday.

Happy to answer all queries from fellow members!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 12:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Go Karting in Noida: A Bhpian's Story- The Drivers PoV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Akash and I hit the track at 245pm and Akash for some reason chickened out and refused to drive.
You know it, I think 10 times prior to driving my own car. I admit to being a lazy bum when it comes to driving. What further scared me was the fact that if I get hurt or the cart is damaged I need to pay for it.

Yaar, overall, it was a fantastic Monday. Thanks for the KFC quick lunch. Hope you got the Haldi, Dal-chini too!

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks