Team-BHP - 1600cc to 2000cc.Too large the displacement range,aint it?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   1600cc to 2000cc.Too large the displacement range,aint it? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/17703-1600cc-2000cc-too-large-displacement-range-aint.html)

Recently, when i heard that a stock Cedia won an INRC race, i was shocked to know it was running along with Balenos.
The stock power output of Cedia is 120bhp compared to the 91 of balenos.

If this 1600-2000cc was present all the while, y did almost every team rely on the baleno when there was the corolla(125 bhp), a couple of other cars too.

Frankly,i feel Baleno and Cedia shoudn't be in the same category.What do y'all think?

Well I looked up the SR for the Chandigarh rally and according to it cars are classified as below. Now since the Baleno is 1590 cc, its isn't in the same class as the Cedia. Cedia is competing in the 1600 and above class while the baleno is in the 1401 to 1600 cc class. As to why teams havent prepared a corrola, with the R&D done on the Baleno it is pretty reliable and is putting out way more than the 91 bhp that a stock baleno produces. One just needs to look at the issues both JK and MRF are having with the developing the fiesta to realise how hard it is to produce a competive reliable rally car straight out of the box. JK had developed a rally Lancer back in 2001 and have been lucky to be able to use some of that know how in development of the new Cedia rally car.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]
Cylinder Capacity Classes:
Upto 800cc
From 801cc up to & including 1100cc
From 1101cc up to & including 1400cc
From 1401cc up to & including 1600cc
From 1601 cc and above
Rally Star Cup Car as per regulations
MAI Gypsy Cup 1000cc and 1300cc
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I've been wondering about this too. It doesn't make sense to race Cedias vs Balenos and Fiestas. Unless of course there's something in the race preparation of the cars to bring them to parity.

Can someone confirm WRX's statement?
Are there 2 different categories??

yes, they are in separate categories. cedia is in the 1600 - 2000cc while baleno/honda city/fiesta comes in the 1400 - 1600 cc category.

+ to what killjoy said the balenos/fiestas/ esteems & gypsies :-) also fight for the overall championship with the cedias, along with the podium places in their respective categories.
and the cedia was the only car above 1600 cc to compete in the k 1000

Quote:

+ to what killjoy said the balenos also fight for the overall championship with the cedias...
and the cedia was the only car above 1600 cc to compete in the k 1000
Oh, its the championship for which the balenos and cedias compete together for.

yes the overall championship is what matters to the big teams at the end of the day, sorry for missing the gypsies sanket but i didnt also mention the esteems :)

did you check your snaps from k1000, some nice ones out there.

Cedias are competing for overall rally win as well as overall champoinship.

For example, a Baleno can finish 1st in 1600 category and finish say 3rd overall. Sorta like LeMans where all classes are mixed up.

the cedia is a very very fast car, people who saw k-1000 rally will agree with me

by gaurav gill's own admission, the cedia is not fast on the straights but handles much better becasue of which he was able to post better times on the stages.

Cedia 0-100 is pretty slow at 11.5 secs and the Civic is around that as well.

Only the Corolla is much faster.

But, doesnt the 2 litre engine have grrr8 potential if unlocked to rally-legal level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
But, doesnt the 2 litre engine have grrr8 potential if unlocked to rally-legal level?

's not a video game, big guy. :p

Needs a head-swap, new internals (I guess), turbos, intercooler, etc...I think basic block is all that will remain.

the works MRF fiesta 's will be faster....come new rules from 2007..