Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2007, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Delhi touted for Indian GP in 2009

Kingfisher Airlines' Vijay Mallya, who is believed to have close ties with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, told reporters at the launch of the TF107 in Cologne that he was 'optimistic' about the prospect of an Indian GP.

"The government of Delhi I think really

wants Formula One," he said.

Formula 1 : News TOYOTA - F1-Live.com
Old 19th January 2007, 13:49   #2
BANNED

Naveen,
What rumblings I have heard is that your area GOOD(gaon) is going to get F1..
BUT then again who knows....
Old 19th January 2007, 19:39   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

AAAHH!!! lets just hope for the best.... High time Saddi dilli gets on the F1 calender
Old 19th January 2007, 20:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

hmm..have been hearing this news about f1 coming to india for a long time now and i think..we going to hear it for a long time to come...cause it may just face the same situation like the BANDRA-WORLI sea link faces...
Old 19th January 2007, 22:21   #5
BANNED

A street circuit format wud be better suited for a place like Delhi ..... It definitely wud be FUN to see them F1 cars here in Saddi Dilli/GOOD Gaon !!!

I hope they serve free KFs at them venues .... wud be a gud reason to attend them races !!!
Old 22nd March 2007, 09:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

And here's the latest on this (Courtesy Espn Star Sports), guys, do you think it'll actually happen? Man, what an event that will be........please note Mallya's suggestion about the venue, though I would think there'd be serious security concerns -

espnstar.com - powered by ESPN STAR Sports: Formula 1: News Details

Last edited by suman : 22nd March 2007 at 09:39.
Old 29th March 2007, 19:15   #7
SuperSyn

Unfortunately, there is a huge, mostly unspoken, bias against India in the minds of many westerners. Comments like these make me wonder whether we'll ever get to see F1 in India. These haters just won't allow F1 to happen in India.

Old 2nd April 2007, 22:23   #8
BHPian

schumacher in mumbai

German racing champion tests Expressway to give Grand Prix status.

Vijay Mallya and Delhi can wait. Grand Prix racing will probably come to Mumbai before the King of Good Times convinces the capital to let Formula One cars race around Rajpath. Efforts are seriously on in this direction by Vilasrao Deshmukh's government.

And who better to pitch in and help Mumbai get Grand Prix status than former F1 champion Michael Schumacher! Yes, the man who drove Ferrari to several Grand Prix triumphs was in Mumbai last week on Deshmukh's invite. It is understood cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and photographer Atul Kasbekar, who know Schumacher somewhat, were instrumental in getting him down.

Schumacher slipped into the city unnoticed by his legion of fans on Thursday evening. He stayed overnight at a suburban hotel and was flown by F1 aficionado Gautam Singhania in his private chopper to Pune the next morning. Schumacher is supposed to have studied the 120-km curving asphalt track of the Mumbai-Pune Expressway closely from the air. After landing in Pune, he got behind the wheel of a twin-seater sports Merc and zoomed off in the direction of the Expressway from that city's Shivaji Nagar airport. The car, too, is said to belong to Singhania.

The German racing hero, who believes accelerators are meant to be stepped on, drove from Pune to Mumbai at a breath-taking pace. Singhania, who is a speed fiend himself, said he was impressed with the way Schumacher handled his car. In the absence of Ferrari's dazzling red formula car, the Merc served as his test vehicle for the condition of the road. Schumacher expressed satisfaction when the duo made a pit stop at Lonavla.

"It is possible to conduct a Grand Prix here," he said, flashing his brilliant smile. Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh was ecstatic. "The race has begun to get F1 to Mumbai," he said giving the thumbs-up sign. "I will sign Schumacher on as our consultant and get working on the logistics and infrastructure." Hopefully, Mumbai will be added to the crowded March-to-October F1 calendar from 2009. Schumacher, meanwhile, is likely to return to Mumbai on April 12, after attending the Sepang Grand Prix in Malaysia next Sunday.
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Tifosi - is that a April Fool's prank ? I hope not but......
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Tifosi - is that a April Fool's prank ? I hope not but......
I also had the same feeling when i read the article, sounds too unbelievable to be true....

Did you check the link
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippy
Yes read this piece of news in the morning . With the Mango equation had it been published yesterday 1st April i would have passed it as a Fools day joke like that Schumi - Mumbai Expressway GP gag
That IS an april fool joke. Looks like Tifosi got fooled
Old 4th April 2007, 12:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
After landing in Pune, he got behind the wheel of a twin-seater sports Merc and zoomed off in the direction of the Expressway from that city's Shivaji Nagar airport. The car, too, is said to belong to Singhania.
The catch of the article for those who know Shivaji Nagar airport does not exist and Shivaji Nagar only has a railway station and an ST bus stand !!
Old 4th April 2007, 13:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Singhania, who is a speed fiend himself, said he was impressed with the way Schumacher handled his car.
But I found this ^^ to be the funniest line in the hoax article.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. Times of India publishing fake news ??? where is this world coming to ?
Old 4th April 2007, 13:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hmmm. Times of India publishing fake news ??? where is this world coming to ?
They do, on 1st April most years......but its very apparent when you look at the news items. And, can't remember very well, I think they do have a disclaimer or something to that effect...surprisingly, the edition I got this time in Gurgaon was not the "April Fool" one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks