Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 23:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Bic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqil View Post
Thanks for the response. What if someone want to track? Some one by himself. Surely, there should be separate charges for single car entry. Or even per lap. How do I keep track of when bic is organising track days?
For BIC organized open track days, they post the schedule on their website.

BIC needs pre-registered information about track days, because they have to plan their support accordingly. There is support staff, track supervisors and there is medical staff as well.

You have to reserve the entire track for 45 mins and it costs 1.5 lakhs. That is why people pool in, reserve the track and go in a group.

I am not sure about the Rent the Polo/Vento Race car thing though. Maybe you can contact them and check about that. Their website has their contact information and they are or at least used to be pretty responsive.

Rachit

Last edited by aah78 : 17th September 2020 at 03:21. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 00:55   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
From what I understand, track days are happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
For BIC organized open track days, they post the schedule on their website.
Their site is in another language??? Any other place I can go for a track day? Was really looking forward to it, as got some considerable upgrades to my car.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th September 2020 at 03:21. Reason: Quotes trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!
Aqil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 03:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqil View Post
Their site is in another language??? Any other place I can go for a track day? Was really looking forward to it, as got some considerable upgrades to my car.
If you are on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), you can reach out to one of the bigger auto journalists who are into motorsport like Sirish Chandran.

They will be happy to share answers with you on the information you seek.

On the BIC Facebook page, on 5th June 2020, they posted a link to this EVO article https://www.evoindia.com/motorsport/...for-track-days

In the article, they have a link to BIC's Instagram handle ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CBAvD05g...ource=ig_embed ), where the following information is posted on 4th June 2020 :

buddh.international.circuit
We are back on track.. with action packed pedal to the metal... Let the lights go green #unlock101 #motorsport

For enquiries: Contact

Jaypee Sports City, Yamuna Expressway, Sector-25, YEIDA,
Gautam Buddh Nagar,
Greater Noida,
Uttar Pradesh 203201

Immediate Contact 0120 - 4429499 / 98

1. Rajiv Murishwar, Head BIC
For corporate & Sponsorship enquires:
rajiv.murishwar@jalindia.co.in

2. Conica Preenja
conica.preenja@jalindia.co.in

3. Parthesh Pandey
parthesh.pandey@jalindia.co.in

Another option is to reach out to VW Motorsport India and ask them (if you want to drive a VW car on track, that is).

VW Motorsport India offers "arrive and drive" track days in Chennai, in their Polo Cup race cars. Please see this article dated 11th Sep 2020 https://www.autocarindia.com/motor-s...vw-polo-418569

Lastly, T_BHPian Sudev Barar https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/sudev.html is into organising motorsport events in NCR on weekends, which are easy on the pocket as well as easy on the car. You may want to reach out to him on how best to test your car on a track.

Hope this helps. Please post back here with whatever you learn.

Enjoy your drive and drive safe always !

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Last edited by FourWheelDrift : 17th September 2020 at 04:06.
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
VW Motorsport India offers "arrive and drive" track days in Chennai, in their Polo Cup race cars. Please see this article dated 11th Sep 2020 https://www.autocarindia.com/motor-s...vw-polo-418569
In an Instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/CFcAMS9A..._web_copy_link today, the Madras Motor Race Track has posted the following :

VW Polo Cup Cars & VW Vento Cup Cars are available for Arrive & Drive Program Now!!!
for 25 minutes sessions.
For bookings contact us at : 7012384813

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 24th September 2020, 17:09   #35
BHPian

Re: Buddh International Circuit sealed by YEIDA over pending payments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Even as an F1 enthusiast since 20 years, I would rather watch F1 on TV (comfortably) than at the track. And let's not forget how BORING F1 has become. F1 in India is destined to fail.

I'm just sad because this is a great, driver's track.
Actually F1 fans DO want to watch the races live but the problem is that there are not a lot of them around or may not want to shell out the money to go and watch the Grand Prix. It is an expensive affair, especially when as compared to watching a cricket match live.

I spent approx Rs 60k for the 2012 weekend for me and my mother. It was a season pass for all 3 days of action including shuttle to get to the track from the nearest station. I had selected 'Premium Stand North' as it provided a decent view of the main straight, T1, T2, T3 and some of the back straight and cost less than a third of the grandstand seat. But man, it was totally worth each and every penny, especially as it happened to be my ONLY chance to watch the race live. Though the race was processional, watching the drivers throwing their cars around corners during FPs and qualifying was exciting. The noise made by the McLaren while down shifting was unreal, like rifle shots! The way Jenson's driving style was visibly different from Hamilton's, Vettel nailing the Q3 lap, Alonso passing both McLarens and Webber..will never forget that late Oct'12 weekend!

But you're right, it will not come back to India, we missed that opportunity big time. Some people still think its only 'entertainment' and not a 'sport'.

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 24th September 2020 at 17:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks