Team-BHP - off-road event in Delhi - 06-05-07
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   off-road event in Delhi - 06-05-07 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/23462-off-road-event-delhi-06-05-07-a.html)

Hello Tbhpians,

There will be an Off-The-Road Event organised in Delhi on 06 May 2007.

All members with 4WDs are cordially invited.

1) There are no entry fees.
2) Carry 2lts of water per person.
3) Hats & Sunglasses
4) SHOES

Date : 06-05-07
Assemble : DLF Golf Course Gurgaon 0800hrs.
Return : 1600hrs

Previous Events - gurgaon_jeepthrills @ Fotopic.Net

Regards,

Arka

Good to have such an event. What about members without 4WD, can we come as spectators?

Great, im only concerned about the rising heat!
As tsk wrote, can we come as spectators?

Usually during the off-road events, one person apart from the jeep driver is allowed per jeep. So, if any 4WD participant has an empty co-driver's seat. one of U guys can ride shotgun. :)

Yup, Nitrous knows Best how to ride shotgun!!

I would love to be a part of this event, but I have work that weekend. When's the next off-road meet? It will be fun to do it in a group, after 4x4ing on my own usually.

Rgds,

seems dammn exciting will definitely try too make it! shotgun's ticket ;-)!! ahh i love that word! i wonder how it started though anyone know the story behind it!?

Someone sitting beside the driver held a shotgun to the driver's head & said 'DRIVE EXTREME' or i'll kill ya, thats how it started. :)

EX - It's bloody hot here nowadays, are you guys sure you have some backup/first-aid arranged for such a situation?

Agree on the heat part.
Its touching 43 degrees, expect an open field to be 45 degrees. Perfect recipe for a heat stroke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 425467)
Agree on the heat part.
Its touching 43 degrees, expect an open field to be 45 degrees. Perfect recipe for a heat stroke.

I spend the entire day in that heat with no stroke .... one just has to take the basic precautions and all is fine . NOTHING TO WORRY :)

Considering the heat, Chennai 4x4ers are doing it in the evenings.
Start at around 4PM and finish in the night.
We just went for an OTR on saturday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 425257)
Someone sitting beside the driver held a shotgun to the driver's head & said 'DRIVE EXTREME' or i'll kill ya, thats how it started. :)

That is very incorrect and I am sure you were just guessing. Shotgun passenger is the protector:

The Official Shotgun Rules

OT : @samurai... that was meant to be a joke san.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed0mania (Post 425249)
seems dammn exciting will definitely try too make it! shotgun's ticket ;-)!! ahh i love that word! i wonder how it started though anyone know the story behind it!?

its from the days of the wild west.
the mail stagecoaches used to carry mail & bank cash
and were regular targets for the bandits en route,
so they had a "cleaner!!" second, sitting beside the stagecoach driver who was armed to stave off the bandits,
hence the term riding shotgun