Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2021, 23:41   #1
BHPian

Toyota announces the 2021 GT Cup, India

The second edition of Toyota's e-sport championship is here. Registrations are now open and people can play from PC and PlayStation as well

Quotes from the article

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced that the second edition of GT Cup e-motorsport championship will be coming to India. Registrations for the championship begin on August 2, 2021…
Participants will be driving the Toyota GR Yaris in the qualifying rounds, while racers will battle it out in the final race using a GR Supra…
We aim to bring in more elements of the TGR to the country via other events and activities
While this is an e-sport championship, it may explain the sightings of the GR Yaris which may have been brought in for promotional events.

Link to the article from EVO India

@mods: please move to the right forum if this isn't the place for it.

Last edited by batladanny : 6th August 2021 at 23:45.
batladanny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 08:00   #2
BHPian

re: Toyota announces the 2021 GT Cup, India

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
The second edition of Toyota's e-sport championship is here. Registrations are now open and people can play from PC and PlayStation as well
After a bit of googling I learnt e-sport is not eVehicle racing. I must be getting old.
Do they live stream such events? I think they will be fun to watch just like real racing.
Old 7th August 2021, 09:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
After a bit of googling I learnt e-sport is not eVehicle racing. I must be getting old.
Do they live stream such events? I think they will be fun to watch just like real racing.
Haha yes, e-sports — watching pro video gamers play video games — is a huge thing now. I couldn't find the exact streaming link for this event but here's the homepage of the tournament.

If you're thinking of checking out e-sports, here are some interesting links…
  • Twitch.tv — the mecca of game streaming. you can choose any game you want to watch and there will almost certainly be quite a few live streams happening. They've also recently branched out into arts so you can also watch artists create art in real-time.
  • Lando Norris' Youtube channel — The McLaren F1 driver is a huge gamer and streams sim racing frequently. He is also joined at times by other F1 drivers like Charles Leclerc, Max Verstappen and George Russell. I personally find this a great avenue to interact with fans.
batladanny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 15:43   #4
BHPian

Last year when they had the Supra Cup I had participated in a quiz competition that came along with that, the prize was a PS4 I think.

Well anyway a month or so after that, I got a call from Toyota asking questions about Toyota and GR's image and impression in India and the youth stuff. And after that nothing, I think they didn't even announce the winners of the quiz competition and parts of the Gazoo Racing page were removed.
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks