Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 11:07   #1

Unfair practices in the name of FMSCI

I’m glad that there’s an federation to promote motor sports in India. It helps india to churn out new talent. It’s a great responsibility and it can definitely make or break the sportsman’s spirit. I happened to attend an event in Hyderabad, at chicane. Organized by MAPS Motorsports / team addons. I would like to bring few of my observations to your notice:
  • The timings were not shown on a big screen, instead, they were shared on a google drive link (link given in the mail) and was modified time to time. This means there’s a big scope of manipulation or human error.
  • Prize distribution was very confusing, till 6:02, I was in a third position (Amateur 1400cc) and all of a sudden Mr. NVSX (not disclosing the actual name) appears out of no where and takes my place with a 1500cc Honda City in a 1400cc amateur class bearing registration number TS 08GAXxxx. Honestly, this run was not even conducted as there was no sticker of 295 on any of the cars present in the venue, leave alone a honda city. For time being let’s assume that Mr NVSX drove at the 11th hour with an imaginary car, but there were no cones on the track (amateur catogory need to have cones to slow down the driver) and there were no cones as the last event was suv class. How can we have cones for one participant and not for other? How’s that a fair play? Later I was told by the organizers that the person was a famous biker’s brother. Is this how prize distribution is done? Based on one’s status or number of sponsorship provided by an individual or a team? If that’s the case, then where is organizing committee’s code of conduct and ethics?
  • Also, there were several safety protocols that were not being followed. For example, the cars that broke down were left beside the track in a perilious position (and continued the runs) instead of being towed out. This would have cause serious injuries (as this was a high speed track) to the drivers in case of any mishap.

Sad part was, In spite of me and my team bringing this to the notice of authorities, there was no action taken. I was rudely told to pay Rs.10,000 and protest. How can an entry of a 1500cc car be taken by the organisers in a 1400cc category? ( if at all there was a run conducted, which I’m definitely sure that it was not). I’m enclosing a screen shot of the registration details and the timing for your reference.
I believe as a governing body of Motorsports events in India, it’s the sole responsibility of FMSCI to make sure that there’s utmost transparency. The responsibility and the future of Motorsports solely rests on the governing body. If there are such discrepancies and compromises, then the whole sport will be ruined and killed in no time, and people will definitely lose trust in the authorities. It takes a lot of time, effort and money to build cars. Everything goes in vain when such undignified moves are made based on one’s personal favouritism. It’s supposed to be a sport of pure talent and let’s keep it that way. Let’s organize genuine events with true sportsmanship and keep the tradition alive, rather than killing it by commercialization and nepotism.

I think Fmsci should look into such matters and not issue permits to such spurious organisations in future as they are bringing the fmsci's name into disrepute by repeatedly claiming to represent the fmsci while continuing with their wrong doings in the name of the fmsci.
Attached Thumbnails
Unfair practices in the name of FMSCI-ab68eae6edd8421c8b7b489e7cd479da.jpeg  

Unfair practices in the name of FMSCI-64d0d8d526304ec19956bf52f0c4d0ab.jpeg  

Turborun is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks