Team-BHP - Track day at Kari on Dec 2nd 2007. Post your confirmations.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Track day at Kari on Dec 2nd 2007. Post your confirmations. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/31809-track-day-kari-dec-2nd-2007-post-your-confirmations.html)

This might be a little last minute effort, but since the track will be mostly booked till 2nd week of Jan and some guys aren't willing to wait that long we are planning to have a track day on the 2nd of December 2007. All those of you interested to take part kindly post your confirmations here. All confirmations will also have to be made personally to me on 9886403692 or 9449828818 or to quicksilver.

Hope to see some good numbers out on track.

Just to make a few things very clear to avoid confusion.

1. Track will open from 9 am - 5pm. There will be no scheduled meeting at CCD or any other place by the organizers. Meeting point will be at the track by 8:30 am.

2. There will be arrangements made for food and acco only if people coming from out of towns confirm by the 29th along with an advance payment made. If not participants will have to do the same on their own. Organizers will not take responsibility for the same if confirmations are not placed on after 29th.

3. After confirmations, all participants are informed to make the track rental payment in advance to be paid to either quicksilver (sriram) or myself before 30th of Nov 2007.

4. No misbehaviour of any sorts on track will be entertained. Just to remind everyone again, this is not a race. Its a day where we get to take our cars on track and have fun, learn to handle our cars and know our limits as well as the machines.

5. Admission to track side is the sole authority of the organizers. Miscreants whose sole purpose is to only jeopardize the event will be asked to vacate the grounds immediately.

6. I also request some volunteers to come forward to marshal the track while the cars are running. Binz and myself have already volunteered for this work. I am trying to rope in some more friends of mine who do not wish to drive on track.

7. We hope make every event better than the previous one. And in this process I request co-operation from all ends. Its with a combined effort we can make this work out. As a first step to improve situations organizers such as myself and some volunteers will not take part in our cars on track. Our sole purpose would be to HOST events. However, we will be there to assist those who need some help with the lines etc by sitting shotgun with them or taking them around for a couple of laps.

8. Flags play a very important role and I request all participants to kindly follow the flag rules at all times for your own safety and also to ensure the safety of everyone else on track.

9. Last but not the least, I request all of you to come forward with suggestions to make this event a success.

10. I would request every member interested in this event to spread the word around and see to it that we have a healthy participation on track.

See you all sooon.....

Damn, missing it this time. have to fly to calcutta on the 3rd. when's the next one mclaren? just kidding, I'll watch this space and find out for myself.

Rahul, the timing couldn't have been better. I'll be in coimby on the 2nd. Will make it for the track day but as a spectator only. I'll not be participating on the track due to lack of proper vehicle (i have only my m800 at my disposal in cbe. Dad would :deadhorse me if he knew what I was doing with the corolla). Would be happy to meet fellow bhpians. If I am required to pay any cash (for food), do let me know. Will send you a confirmation sms too. :thumbs up

i had always wished to be a part of such an event ,but work doesnt pemit.any ways all the best mclaren and all for the efforts and success of the event,

ram

Sorry will be out of town...got a date with a golf ball!!:)

Hope you guys have fun. Have a blast and drive safe.

Cheers

forgive my ignorence, the whole indian motor sport scene is new to me. Where is kari?
EDIT: Ok i googled it.
Its all very interesting.
But there another question now.
There used to be people (kari)racing F 5000 cars in india.Is there anythinmg like that now? IE:racing for more powerful -over 300bhp- catagories, both open or closed wheels?
Have awickede track day
Full reports & pics pls?
(BTW there are rules for safe but fast track day behavior.Possably posted on some of the UK motorsport sites?)
cheers Dread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 637199)

4. No misbehaviour of any sorts on track will be entertained. Just to remind everyone again, this is not a race. Its a day where we get to take our cars on track and have fun, learn to handle our cars and know our limits as well as the machines.

5. Admission to track side is the sole authority of the organizers. Miscreants whose sole purpose is to only jeopardize the event will be asked to vacate the grounds immediately.

Rahul i am not trying to say anything aginst anyone here but, if these two points were brought up because of the few war of words in the previous track day thread, its very rude.! You are on track to find out the limit of your ride or the extent to which you are good enough to push you ride. By the way what do u classify as misbehaviour on track and what as driving agressively., please fill me in...stupid: as far as i have been to the track days i have seen forced agression on car from their respective drivers and not any such incidents where the limits were crossed, but there are times when some is out to prove a point cos someone said something but its stupid to put yourself in harms way..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 637199)
8. Flags play a very important role and I request all participants to kindly follow the flag rules at all times for your own safety and also to ensure the safety of everyone else on track.

Well its nice you have brought in this point and asked for asstince in the same on track, but please make sure that the people who are out with the flags do know which one is to be used when and also what each flag stands for cos on all the track days I have been I have seen only the green and red flag and please that there is extra safety and facitilites provided for the marsals cos they are the ones more prone to the dangers on track...
Having said this i wish u have fun and enjoy your experince to the fullest when you are at it

Hey Rahul, is this still on?

9886403692. This number is wrong.

btw how much does the rental for the track cost per vehicle ?

Its 2k per car.
Sorry will not be able to make it. Going to bangalore this sunday with friends.

Not bad.

2000 per vehicle is quiet a good rate. Unfortunately I would also not be able to make it.

Quote:

since the track is being resurfaced and due to other technical non capability the track day might have to be postponed will try getting the details asap
-mclaren 1885

for guys calling from outside bangalore add (0) to the number and call.

I did add 0. Someone picked up the phone. I asked him if he was mclaren1885 and he said "No, I do not know what is Team BHP".

lol.... doesn't look like its going to happen gauging by activity so far...

for guys looking to contact mclaren1885 ( rahul) its better to contact this number (0)9740619161