Team-BHP - General discussion on drag racing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   General discussion on drag racing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/3894-general-discussion-drag-racing.html)

This thread has been split as it moves away from the original topic of About the RX 135 5 speed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Rtech we're in India....Bali iis in Vijaynagar......hes not going to L.A to drag his RD...LOL lol:

stupid: I thought we had left our borders! lol!!

Anyways, still goes to show how far behind we are! I guess that could partly be a combination of low quality fuel, slippery surfaces (cement in Mumbai and dust covered tarmac in Blr) and yes, inexperienced riders.

There is this american sportsbikes forum and I have been there for sometime.. i posted the times of the bikes here at the b'lore drag and one guy said that these were good times considering all are stock bikes...... May be a .7 sec slower than the stock machines there....
so not bad!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
looks like you have no clue abt what ur talking about...the fastest so far has been a '02 12R @ 212kph

Who was this addressed to? (and what was the timing?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
I guess that could partly be a combination of low quality fuel, slippery surfaces (cement in Mumbai and dust covered tarmac in Blr) and yes, inexperienced riders.

I agree with you on all accounts, except, i want to raise the question of -

Do you really think the cement surface on the sealink provides less traction than tarmac? (i dont have an opinion yet, however i have "heard" a competitor actually mention that the cement provided a bit too much traction if anything! (he was in a 4WD 2L TC car)

cya
R

Quote:

(he was in a 4WD 2L TC car)
Kunal Kapoor in his EVO!!!

I think that clean tarmac will provide much superior traction to the cement.

GTO

Quote:

Do you really think the cement surface on the sealink provides less traction than tarmac?
well, cement is a funny thing. Once some rubber is laid down it offer comparable grip to tarmac, however, move off that rubber even a bit, and the friction reduces significantly.

Overall though, cement is not favourable for any sort of race circuit. It would be great for the burnout area and is used abroad for that purpose.

Quote:

looks like you have no clue abt what ur talking about...the fastest so far has been a '02 12R @ 212kph
Oh yeah, I do have a clue, thats why said ""provided the Busas' here keep up the 10.25 sec tradition, followed world wide.""

I very well know that the bikes here are seriously slower than the ones abroad. The info given by Rtech is proof of that. The standard 1/4 mile time for a stock Busa is 10.25 (ofcourse some did sub 10 but this is the average).

Shan2nu

Well, the best time in the Bangalore speedrun was the ZX12R with a best time of 10.58 sec. A few rough calculations would mean that his speed would have been around 225-227 kmph or thereabouts (Is that right? I suck at math).

That's pretty darn good compared to the stock bike's timings on average.

The times I mentioned are magazine tested times, which are reached after multiple tries. A time from an actual race would be different as he has just one chance to launch and get a time.

I take back my words, we are right up there with the rest of the world.

Rtech, in a US website of superbikes, I had posted the B'lore drag times.... One guy said that considering the heat and dust and also the fact these are stock bikes, it is not a bad time at all....... He said maybe a .7 or so sec less that in US....

Being a two-stroke the bike may not have topend performance but the acceleration is very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar24
Being a two-stroke the bike may not have topend performance but the acceleration is very good.

by top end, I take it you mean speed? 'Coz powerwise, 2 strokes are all about top end only!

Quote:

Well, the best time in the Bangalore speedrun was the ZX12R with a best time of 10.58 sec. A few rough calculations would mean that his speed would have been around 225-227 kmph or thereabouts (Is that right? I suck at math).
I doubt it'll be 225-227. 212-218 is more like it. The CBR on your list that did a 10.16 clocked 227.

Shan2nu

Rtech the 12R did 10.5sec @ 212kph

OK. So you were talking about that 12R then! Did you get the printout with the speed? Maybe ACI should start publishing the speed along with the time.

Here's a question: When 2 vehicles clock exactly the same time in the quarter mile, theoratically their speeds at the end should be the same as well right, considering that the equation Speed=Distance / Time would provide the same result? How come that doesn't hold true?

Killer....do the timings qouted in the US include reaction time?

Quote:

Here's a question: When 2 vehicles clock exactly the same time in the quarter mile, theoratically their speeds at the end should be the same as well right, considering that the equation Speed=Distance / Time would provide the same result? How come that doesn't hold true?
I think your equation holds weight only when the speed is constant. Accelelration is never constant, it keeps changing.

If 2 vehicles cross the start point at 100 kmph and keep it at that speed until the end, they'll obvoiusly have the exact speed and........the time taken by these 2 vehicles to cover that 1/4 mile will be the same.

Calculating accelelration is not really that easy, nor is it accurate. So, 2 vehicles with the same 1/4 mile time can have diff speeds.

Usually i've seen that a bike doing the same 1/4 mile time as that of a car has a slightly faster speed reading.

Shan2nu