Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2005, 22:56   #1
BHPian

Airtel Tsd Rally

saw a clip on tv of an Airtel head posing next to a rally car in airtel colours. after doing a search of google news could only find one line about it.

"AirTel also launched India's longest car rally inviting participants from all around in partnership with Federation of Motor Sports Club of India, Ernst and Young, Ericsson and Apollo Tyres"

from what it appears it looks like the rally should be a TSD rally covering all the 23 telecom circles of india as the rally is about promoting airtel's existence in all the telecom circles of india.

anyone having any more news on it?
Old 13th April 2005, 09:20   #2
BHPian

hey... thats interesting news.. .do let me know tooo.. had participated in one of the MASA organised TSD rally a couple of years ago and took second position.. the first being missed on account of a silly mistake....

will do some r & d and update too...

cheers
Old 13th April 2005, 11:15   #3
BHPian

`One India Challenge', an all-India car rally virtually covering all the Indian states, with a whopping prize fund of Rs. One crore is the newest addition to motor sports calendar. Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, will flag off the rally in Guwahati on Wednesday.

Airtel, India's leading mobile service provider has launched the initiative to celebrate its presence in all 23 telecom circles across the country.

The rally, that aims to cover about 7,000 km through 5200 towns and seven lakh villages, will be the longest and most extensive rally of its kind, said Vicky Chandhok of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI).

From 23 cities

The rally is open to all amateur and professional drivers and will be flagged off from 23 cities. After traversing the length and breadth of the country, all the competing drivers will first converge in Nagpur before heading towards Delhi for the grand finale.

The entire course of the rally has been designed by the FMSCI with Ernst and Young, the leading auditing firm. The rally is based on the international format of time, speed and distance and will be powered by global positioning system with on-board data loggers on all vehicles.

The rally will be conducted in two stages, with first leg commencing in 23 cities. The participants will then head to nearest metro cities. On May 8 these drivers will start towards Nagpur covering 1000 km in three days. The top three finishers from each region will get Rs. Two lakh, Rs. One lakh and Rs. 50,000 respectively.

The second leg starts on May 12 with a maximum of 200 drivers heading towards Delhi for the final leg covering 1300 km. The winners of second leg get Rs. Four lakh, Rs. Two lakh and Rs. One lakh respectively.

The grand prize of Rs. 30 lakh will be given to the overall winner with second and third placed team settling for Rs. 15 lakh and Rs. Eight lakh respectively.

Source:The Hindu "http://www.hindu.com/2005/04/13/stories/2005041305781800.htm"
Old 13th April 2005, 12:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, will flag off the rally in Guwahati on Wednesday.
'
looks like they mixed this up with the Asean Rally.
Old 13th April 2005, 12:07   #5
BHPian

thats what the syndicate in india is all about.
Old 13th April 2005, 12:10   #6
BHPian

Hmm ... I think that there is some discrepancy in the news that is published here ...
anyway any of the Bhp ians going to participate .....
I love to take part .. but I have No team and NO proper car ....
I beleive that Skoda , Honda Accord and Mondeo are the proper TSD cars as they TSD feature in the Speedo ... which makes it very easy for calculations ...
Anyone Who is willing and interested to participate , I offer myself as an alternative driver ....
Old 13th April 2005, 12:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey haryan, I am planning to enter (if possible). Don't have any alternate drivers in mind so we could team up! However if it happens, it would be from Bombay!!

And yes, cars that have a trip computer like the skoda is a definate plus. It shows average speed as well
Old 13th April 2005, 12:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

If its in may...im in....but what are the requirements, as in where to register...last dates etc.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 13th April 2005 at 13:08.
Old 13th April 2005, 13:07   #9
BHPian

hey any clue if a roll bar is mandatory.
Old 13th April 2005, 13:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

I doubt it. but u never know...someone please find out about this...i'd sure as hell like to take part.

Drifter
Old 13th April 2005, 13:12   #11
BHPian

u generally do not require a roll bar.... simply because this aint one of your classic speed rallies... but one with speed limits.. which u do not have an option but to adhere to....
Old 13th April 2005, 21:19   #12
BHPian

for registration you will have to contact either the mai or fmsci office. about the dates i guess we will just have to wait for the official release.
Old 14th April 2005, 18:15   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hey haryan, I am planning to enter (if possible). Don't have any alternate drivers in mind so we could team up! However if it happens, it would be from Bombay!!

And yes, cars that have a trip computer like the skoda is a definate plus. It shows average speed as well
Well lets try to do something Robin ....
My number is 09849355590 or 09394547434 ... please do get in touch and let me know .. I am game for this TSD rally ....
Old 16th April 2005, 11:24   #14
BHPian

just got some more info on the rally.

Quote:
The rally will only be for the top 200 cars whose performance will be evaluated in a formal qualification process that begins in 21 cities on April 23.
wonder when the official release will come out though. do they expect us to be ready in a day!!!

Quote:
Sophisticated GPS on-board data loggers will be installed on the rally route to monitor all participants with random generation of virtual time controls to eliminate human error.
hopefully there should be no errors in tabulating results in this rally. unless their electronics are pathetic.

Quote:
While the winner will get a prize of Rs 30 lakhs, the second-placed team will get Rs 15 lakhs and the third-placed team Rs 8 lakhs. Besides this, there will be prizes ranging from Rs 1.5 lakhs to Rs 50,000 to those placing between the fourth and 10th positions. All finishers will get at least Rs 10,000.
pretty cool rally in terms of prize money. and its good to know that people besides the podium finishers will get prizes.

Source: Deccan Chronicle (www.deccan.com)
Old 18th April 2005, 11:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Each selected participant will get a free mobile phone.
looks like this rally is full of goodies.

Source: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050417/cth3.htm
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks