Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2005, 12:29   #16
Team-BHP Support

How about a brief report CK?
Old 1st August 2005, 14:01   #17
BHPian

My friend had come down from kerala in his red skoda ocatavia 1.9tdi on friday, the first 2 days he and I were slightly busy..sunday what do we do, planned and I gave this idea of the circuit race/ dirt race at kengeri and off we go.

Time was approx 10.30am , it was drizzling and I was slightly tensed if the cars session would get over by the time we reach there. Normally in Kerala it is the cars that go first and the bikes session starts in the evening.
With some confusion and effort we reached the satellie town and while searching for the place we saw this BALENO with the 'roadrunner', sticker put up on the rear bumper, asked him the location and reached the place.
To our joy it was still the bikes that was doing their rounds. There were approx 100 bikes for the contest and they were sent in groups of 5 - 8 not sure, different times they had diff numbers.There were a couple of bikes from team TVS , also saw a tall guy wearing a TEAM YAMAHA RACING shirt, but I saw no bikes of the same, lots of shoguns, rx100,rx135, tvs supras, etc etc and not to forget the modded pulsar and other 4 strokers. The redbull Wagonr was present and the stall was also put up, when asked for a drink the female smilingly said, "sorry, the drink is only for the participants and the event conductors".
Going to the cars session, around 6 balenos, 5 esteems, 3 zens, 5 800's, 1 getz & 1 1.2 palio.
The cars session started late from 4.30pm, the same car was driven by more than a single driver ie; multiple entries on most cars. 2 esteems & 1 baleno were complete with roll cage.
The track was very professionally done and the turns were amazing, tight right handers and left handers, going uphill and downhill. The balenos and the esteem were a breeze to watch, it was just gliding through the track.
A couple of 800's and the getz did lift up its two wheels showing us the bottom, but landed safely.
Jagat nanjappa, Baban khan and some other common personalites were present.
What surprised me was, there was no honda city participating for the event...time is 7 now..getting dark, cars are still running with the headlights turned on.. We started back home from the event tired.
Old 1st August 2005, 15:22   #18
BHPian

Missin all the action !

hey ! great to know that bangalore is totally rocking...am a poor bangalorean stuck out here in Ahmedabad...totally missing out all the fun...hope some nice soul can out up some snaps for people like me to have a look at..Go ahead..make my day...
Old 25th September 2008, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Any news about the FASTLANE 2008 (INTER CORPORATE GO KARTING CHAMPIONSHIP) to be held in bangalore on OCT -17th ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks