Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 11:07   #1
BHPian

How can I hit the track ?

Hey guys.

Newbie to this forum here

I want to know how i could possibly hit the track during my short stay here in in India, the only car i have access too is a tata sumo! possibly lethal on a track. I don't mind hiring if the cost is not prohibitive or liabilities too big (insurance??)

I'm in Chennai. I read in the top gear magazine about the one make series that Honda ran, you show up on the day pay 500rs to register and you can hit the track with their bike. I see that i am too late for this season but is there anything similar?

Thanks
Paul
Old 14th December 2009, 12:03   #2
BHPian

Are you looking at racing or just blasting around a track?

If it is the latter then contact Yamaha India, rather Pacer Yamaha. They probably give prepared bikes for ride on rent (correct me if i'm wrong guys).
Old 14th December 2009, 15:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Every sunday forenoon (when there are no races happening), you can 'pay n practise' for around 3-4 hours until 1PM on the track.
You will have to bring your own bike, safety gear and sign an indemnity form. The track fee would be a 1000 rupees.
There will be no marshalls, medical crew, ambulance, etc. You're on your own.

Now if you don't have a bike, there are quite a few local teams from whom you can rent a bike on some conditions (liability if you crash,etc). They can probably lend you the safety gear too.
If you're hitting a dead end wrt to finding a local team, I do know of a mech who does/used to run one. I can give you his contact number.

Ride safe always
Old 14th December 2009, 15:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The track fee would be a 1000 rupees.
Nitrous, 1000 Rs is for super bikes or even for stock bikes too? I remember i had paid 350 or 400 rs during my college days.

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:51   #5
BHPian

If you want to blast around the track on a Bike, You can join us on 18th December @ The race track.

Both the sessions (Morning + Evening) has blocked unofficially. Though, You gotta bring the Bike + Riding gear on your own or rent it from somewhere.

For more, Look here:

Track day on 18th Dec 2009 - Page 40 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 21st December 2009, 13:26   #6
BHPian

Hey guys,

I was without internet for a while and missed this thread!! Saturday would have been perfect! Hmmm

I am leaving India on the 29th if there is any events before then pleaaase let me know! I will try to check this thread as often as i can!!

Thanks
Paul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks