Team-BHP - Car rally 2010 for Mumbaikars!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Car rally 2010 for Mumbaikars! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/76201-car-rally-2010-mumbaikars.html)

Hey guys, this is Rajeev here. I was a student of Saboo Siddik college of engineering (automobile department) & AGAIN this year, as every year, we are having our college festival "Purple".

One of the major event in this fest would be the car rally. This rally will run in a TSD (Time/Speed/Distance) format. The crew consists of a driver & navigator. the navigator will be handed a map with directions, odometer readings & hints. the driver has to follow the navigator's instructions. this event will cover a route around mumbai streets, there will be checkpoints along the route where marshalls will note the car timings & also to ensure nobody cheats!
All in all, its a very fun event, especially for those who love driving! It can be a thrilling experience to follow maps & odo readings!

Details are as below:
Venue: M. H. Saboo Siddik College of Engg., Byculla, Mumbai
Date: 7th March
Day: Sunday
Crew: Driver + Navigator (co-driver), extra 2 crew members allowed.
Entry Fees: Rs. 400 for Driver+Navigator, Rs. 100 per extra crew member.

To participate and for any queries please contact
Sddharth Thakur +91 9820113336
Samarth Hegde +91 9004767892
HiteshChavare +91 9892716046
or mail at- hit8940@gmail.com

I would be interested. I would like to know what would be the route ? How far will this car rally go ?

Are you going to keep all the driving in the by - lanes around mills and all as people in bigger cars would suffer massively. :(

EDIT: I phoned the guy up. The Rally will go till Dadar and Colaba in the South. :)

hi buddy, just for your info-

the route will be around 50-55kms & the route wont be disclosed now. the map will be given to you only at the time of your car's flag off.

rest assured, the lanes wont be so small that bigger cars will suffer, i am myself participating in my scorpio!

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind participating. But it's too early to confirm. How late can i confirm?

you can confirm by end of this month.

By the way, necessary documents are,
Zerox copy of-
1) Driving license of driver
2) Insurance
3) PUC
4) NOC from owner of vehicle IF vehicle is not registered in your name

Hi raj. I did read this thread, but unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as our FCCCI meets are on the same day.

Hi Raj,

By month end? I think its only three more days left. Where we need to deposit the amount (Rs 400) & documents.

Sorry, I think that's not fair that we will get the route @ flag off and the orgainzers who are well off with the route are also participating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1751730)
hi buddy, just for your info-

the route will be around 50-55kms & the route wont be disclosed now. the map will be given to you only at the time of your car's flag off.

rest assured, the lanes wont be so small that bigger cars will suffer, i am myself participating in my scorpio!

Cheers!

Alok

I am interested in this...can i confirm by month end too..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1751947)
Hi raj. I did read this thread, but unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as our FCCCI meets are on the same day.

no problem buddy! next time... :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4Power (Post 1752048)
Hi Raj,

By month end? I think its only three more days left. Where we need to deposit the amount (Rs 400) & documents.

Sorry, I think that's not fair that we will get the route @ flag off and the orgainzers who are well off with the route are also participating.

Cheers!

Alok

First of all, who said i am organizing the event? the event is held in my college (i passed out last year) & is organized by my juniors. i posted this on behalf of them because i thought some BHPians would be interested.

and i have not got the road map & nor will i get (i dont want too!) & you can trust me on that since there is no fun in participating & wasting your money & diesel if you are already knowing the route!

if you are interested in participating, you can collect the entry form from hitesh (number given above), fill the form then & there itself along with the documents & you are done. do carry 2 passport size photos just in case!

alternatively, you can get in touch with me, i am going to college in a day or two to get my form, i will take some extra forms for u'll. you can give the forms & documents to me, whichever is convenient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp (Post 1752403)
I am interested in this...can i confirm by month end too..

sure buddy.

Hi Raj, i would love to participate but am out of town for work from 4th to 7th March
In case there is a change of plans, i will definitely be joining in with my car or as a passenger. I hope a lot of team bhpians will be participating.

Atlast a car rally, I've been waiting for participating in such events for a long time.
I'm definitely in for the rally, hoping to meet BHPians there.

So how many entries till now ? :)

Can people who havnt filled the forms still participate?

@ supercars: frankly, i have no idea.

@ xehaust: people who havent filled the form, either call hitesh or call me, we will tell you the procedure.

Sorry. Won't be able to come. Out for an OTR and track event on 7th.