Team-BHP - rally school
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   rally school (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/867-rally-school.html)

Guys does anyone know if there is a rally school or something similar somewhere in india. Someone told me that there is one in poona but i cant seem to get its address or any details.If anyone knows anything about a school or some course or something please pm me

Narain and Karun in Rally School.. ?!!?
I have heard there is a "RALLY SCHOOL" .. In Goa. But it is mainly used to guide/teach our Pandus (traffic police) For better manouvering, Catching speed buffs like us ;)

There are tons of rallye schools in UK. By the way Narain and Karun went to silverstone Motorsport school. Costs a bomb, Ive got admission but the first 6 days of training is about 6 lakhs. Then you will have to support a championship or get a sponsor for about 25 lakhs. Then if you can get sponsors in tune of 2.5 crores you will be next to Narain

try Ford Rallye Sport.

Cheers
Dom

Hey Byram,

There was a rally school conducted by none other than the great Juha Kankkunan, in Chennai and Delhi in Jan this year. Although this was by invitation only for existing rally drivers or ppl with rally prepared cars who would be entering the 2004 INRC (Ind. NAtional Rally Chmp.).

There may be further schools later in the year by the MRF drivers, although nothing is confirmed as yet. I'll keep you all informed though.

As far as racing schools, well, instead of going to England, you could go to either Coimbatore or Chennai where Akbar Ebrahim regularly conducts schools fro either 5 or 3 days. Costs ranges from Rs.20,000 onwards I think. Pretty good deal for the amount of seat time you get.

there are no rally schools in India yet. There is 1 race school which is run by Akbar Ebrahim. You can sign up for either the kart racing school or the saloon cars racing school (esteems and zens) or the formula racing school (FISSME's or LGB's).
If u guys want more info, I can get it for u from Akbar.

BTW sawan, love the logo.

The most economical school i know of is skip barber's at limerock CT, US. It was about $3000 for a week in mid 80s. dont know today. but i guess a google will return some links and an email to them will elicit a response.

hey guys..r there goin to be any rallys soon in bombay

wont get BMC permission for this. only place with the space is hiranandani. otherwise me thinks the south (TN) will be the place to be.

Well, whos to blame for the pitiful race-training infrastructure in India? None other than the FMSCI and MAI...The way that these two have been after each others blood in the previous 4 years, its hardly surprising that they havent got much work done.

India as an automotive market is now on the world map. Every major carmaker is already in India, or has plans to. As the second fastest growing Asian economy, India even negotiatied with Bernie Ecclestone to host a Formula 1 GP!!! Can you even imagine the magnitude of this event?

Buttttttttttttt sadly there is not too much to offer in terms of training for the motorsport world. Almost inexistent numbers of rallying and racing schools make things mighty difficult for prospective sportsmen, and its no wonder then that almost everyone turns over to do their Mba/MBBS/BE.

This is why I think that the achievements of Narain, Parthiv and Karun are elevated to a totally different area.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]GTO: Well, whos to blame for the pitiful race-training infrastructure in India? None other than the FMSCI and MAI...The way that these two have been after each others blood in the previous 4 years, its hardly surprising that they havent got much work done.

Without wanting to get into the politics of things, i'd just like to point out that the FMSCI had been the governing body for motorsport for decades, and where did that take us? Nowhere! Infact, there was such a lack of information at the time, that I found it easier to get info on programmes abroad.

Since the MAI had been appointed by the FIA from 2000, we have seen the emergence of a proper karting championship using REAL racing karts and running in a true Championship format, not the joke of a Champonship run by JK (and marketed as one step below F1, sheesh). India has played host to rounds of the FIA Asian Zone Rally Championship with an Indian winning this title in 2001. Then India went on to host its first full international rally in Bangalore, a round of the 2003 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship. This will be taking place again this year. There are 2 international standard karting circuits currently undergoing homologation by the CIK and a International racing circuit been licenced by the FIA.

If only the MAI did not have to waste so much of its time, money and effort on dealing with the FMSCI, things would have progressed much further. BUT...there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that will come sooner than expected. You will be surpirsed at whats gonna happen soon. Till then, try not to blame organisations without knowing the full story, or just by going by certain (biased?) reports and articles.

cheers!

THIS JUST IN:
LG Sports has now announced a 3 day School Programme for Karting / Racing drivers at the Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore.

The Rotax Karting School Programme will be held on the 18th, 19th and 20th of May while the LG Sports racing school programme will be held on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of May 2004.

The Karting school programme will cost you Rs.12,000/= for the 3 days which includes your stay, food at the track and the LG Sports Racing School Programme will cost you Rs.25,000/= for the 3 days which also includes your stay and food at the track.

Both programmes will have assessments at the end of the 3 days of training including a school race for the participants. The winner of the Karting and Racing School Programmes will get ONE FREE ROUND in the Rotax Max Karting Challenge - Indian Series and ONE FREE ROUND in either the Formula Maruti or the Formula LGB, based on driver's preference, in the 7th JK Tyre National Racing Championship respectively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Till then, try not to blame organisations without knowing the full story, or just by going by certain (biased?) reports and articles.

I suggest reading my post once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The way that these two have been after each others blood in the previous 4 years,

My point is that the eternal fights and bloodbaths between these two has gotten in the way of productivity...not the organisation itself.

GTO

Hi rtech - the race school organised by LG Sports is the same one that I was talking about!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]My point is that the eternal fights and bloodbaths between these two has gotten in the way of productivity...not the organisation itself.

no doubt about that GTO! but isn't that the Indian way...if you're going down, make sue you take everyone else too!! crazy but true.

If you look at countries like Argentina and Brazil who aren't very rich and are a lot like India, they have given the world some very good racing drivers. They also have some decent domestic championships where people can hone their skills. A Google search would elaborate more. India should learn something from those countries I think.