Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 10:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lewis Hamilton pit stop at Chennai Sep 17th 2010

Leiws Hamilton is going to be driving on the Chennai race track on the 17th!

It's a Vodafone event and they are running a contest to decide who gets to ride with him on a CL 63 AMG. I have already participated in the contest this morning.

Any idea if the event will be open to the public?
Old 6th September 2010, 11:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

I've been hearing this in the Vodafone ads on Lewis Hamilton being in Chennai & was wondering why there was no such thread here. Thanks for the info.

Where's this event being held? Obvious MMSC? Is this open only to Vodafone customers? Like you, even I've my question - Is this open to public?

Awaiting more details...
Old 6th September 2010, 11:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Is this open to public?

Awaiting more details...
SMS LEWIS to 56565 from your Vodafone connection.

You will get five questions, one by one. Answer all of them correctly and you qualify for the lucky draw

In my case, Option A was the correct answer for all the questions.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so I take it that, the event is open only to Vodafone customers & not to public. Being an Airtel customer, what if I use my friend's vodafone connection to participate? Vodafone shouldn't be so strict with checking right? Also how about accompanying anyone like Gilead or Prateek who has the connection & have participated in the event? Any idea guys?
Old 6th September 2010, 13:02   #5
BHPian

Hope the follwing transcript clears your doubts aargee - I guess there should not be any issues in going as a visitor. It is also not mentioned very clearly for non-vodafone subscribers.
"Only the Winner(s) in whose name the Vodafone mobile phone number is registered
shall be eligible for the ride with Lewis Hamilton and it is the winner's responsibility
to produce such document(s) and/or credentials to prove his/her identity. It is the
responsibility of the Winner to produce such identity proof and/or credentials at
his/her own cost. The Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and non assignable in
the name of any other person;Only the Winner(s) in whose name the Vodafone mobile phone number is registered"

There is also another easier way for the race geeks -
"
There will be an alternate mode of participating through the online medium, on
www.vodafone.in for the subscribers. Where participants can participate in a Formula
One racing game called Vodafone Hometown GP hosted on the Vodafone website
and two lucky winners will win hot laps with Lewis Hamilton on 17th September, 2010.
It would be mandatory for the participants to register a few details (like First Name,
Last Name, Email, Driver name, Mobile number, Password) in order to participate in
the HLWLH.
"

More details at:
http://www.vodafone.in/_layouts/imag...de_with_lh.pdf
Old 6th September 2010, 13:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have taken part in the contest using all 3 Vodafone connections that I own. I just called my Blackberry CRM to put some pressure to see if some passes are available. Even she is clueless but promised to get back by evening after checking with her bosses.

nitrous, jagxf, or any other connected dudes, if you guys manage to get access, take me also along.

One guy in my office says the Mclaren F1 car may also be here! Any truth in this rumor?

aargee, if the event is open to public, anyone can come including Airtel customers. What we want is a photo with Hamilton. Preferably sitting with him inside his car.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th September 2010 at 13:31.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
...What we want is a photo with Hamilton. Preferably sitting with him inside his car.
and, even more preferably, after having driven a couple of laps in that car
Old 10th September 2010, 14:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It's a Vodafone event and they are running a contest to decide who gets to ride with him on a CL 63 AMG.
A small correction - Hot laps with Lewis on a SL63 AMG Merc.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:50   #9
BHPian

To get an entry pass for seeing Lewis Hamilton at the Madras Motor Sports Club race track on Friday (September 17th) at 10:30 AM,

Type in LEWIS and send it as an SMS to 56060 (from any service provider, Rs3 per SMS).

You would receive a confirmation by SMS which needs to be shown at the race track to enter the event.
Old 16th September 2010, 02:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
To get an entry pass for seeing Lewis Hamilton at the Madras Motor Sports Club race track on Friday (September 17th) at 10:30 AM,

Type in LEWIS and send it as an SMS to 56060 (from any service provider, Rs3 per SMS).

You would receive a confirmation by SMS which needs to be shown at the race track to enter the event.
Thanks for the info, buddy.
Old 16th September 2010, 17:59   #11
BHPian

guys!! who all will be going for the event tomorrow? hoping to meet you guys there!!
P.M me if you guys are!!
Cheers!!
Old 16th September 2010, 18:06   #12
BHPian

How many of you race heads are cutting office, college, school tomorrow? Where is the meeting point?

I sent the sms and just got a message that ' .. show this message at the entry to watch him in action'. I sent it from Airtel connection.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:34   #13
BHPian

I did enter and they did ask stupid questions..and to send them a sms for the pass.and the message was show this message at the entrance and that would be the entry.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:18   #14
BHPian

So who all are in ?
10:30am as it says in the SMS.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:42   #15
BHPian

Guys

Would love to see the pics from that event.

I have some important work tomorrow hence will not be going
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks