Team-BHP - Drag Race in Delhi/Noida?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Drag Race in Delhi/Noida? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/88963-drag-race-delhi-noida.html)

I heard rumors of A drag happening in Delhi/Noida in the coming weeks. Is it true or is it just a Rumor. Please Do put up the details of the event if it is actually happening. I also hear that the timing gear is about to leave Bombay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2071039)
I heard rumors of A drag happening in Delhi/Noida in the coming weeks. Is it true or is it just a Rumor. Please Do put up the details of the event if it is actually happening. I also hear that the timing gear is about to leave Bombay.

ya I have heard something similar. A friend informed me about the same last week. I think its the redline 2 (not sure of the name) but it is organised on 19th of September (comming sunday) near the DND flyover connecting delhi and noida. The entry ticket if I remember right is 500 per car for 2 drags if you register online and 1k if you register on the spot. Its an official event and will be covered by the media.

I had plans to participate but cant as I have some classes on sunday which I cant afford to miss.

I will confirm the name of the event with my friend tomorrow and correct it if I am wrong.

It's Redline 2 to be held on Sunday, 19th September, 2010 in Greater Noida. I got a Facebook PM about the Event mentioning the link: Welcome to Facebook

Mods, I'm not related to the organizers and I'm not promoting an illegal event. I've been told that necessary permissions have been taken. In case my link flouts Forum norms please delete/ modify.

Yes, Redline 2 was scheduled to take place of 19th Septemeber in Greater Noida, it was a completely legal event with all permissions and proper Media coverage as well, but unfortunately due to Rains and bad weather, the event was postponed for november.

But even though redline was postponed, the venue was ready so people who had came all the way to the track did get to do some drags, I was also there and surely got a nice preview of how Redline 2 will be. Some pictures attached.

@ CYRUS, Yes but the weather was not supportive all the arrangements got ruined. Date has changed to November sometime now due to CWG in delhi and festive season. This event has clearance from all government bodies required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 2079363)
@ CYRUS, Yes but the weather was not supportive all the arrangements got ruined. Date has changed to November sometime now due to CWG in delhi and festive season. This event has clearance from all government bodies required.

that sounds great...with even all the approvals in place...India seems to
be all ready for officially hosting drag events :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 2079363)

Hey Noidaboy , When and where is it planned? Do you have the updated dates of this event? If yes, then please let me know.

What are the requirements for participating in this race?

Just heard that the event has now been postponed to Saturday, December 4 at 12:30pm - December 5 at 7:30pm. The location is Greater Noida but the venue is not yet updated on their facebook page.

^^ I agree with anonymous , it's going to happen on 4th and 5th Dec and is called the redline 2.

@netfreakbombay - Last time it happened there were no requirement except you getting a car and racing with the same category cars. I have the invite for this event on FB however no details have been mentioned so far. I can send you the invite if you give me your FB ID ( hope this is allowed Mods ).

Thought to update this thread as I have just received a message from Redline Team on my Facebook Account.
The event will take place on Saturday, December 4 at 12:30pm - December 5 at 7:30pm. Location is Greater Noida but the venue is not yet updated.

Check out this link for more details on the forms/venue etc for the redline 2

WWW.REDLINEDRAGS.COM

Where are the updates ?? Looking forward to pictures & results !!!!!

I just came back from there , could not take part as the actual event is going to happen tomorrow from 11:30 am to 8 pm in the night where it's going to be capacity wise dragging.

Today it was kind of open drags. Saw some lovely cars and some exciting drags and bike stunts.

Posting some pictures that i took from my BB. Will post more later taken from my digicam. Enjoy

PS - I was reeaaaly looking forward to take part in this drag but one important function came up due to which i've to skip it for this time

Thanks for the pictures !!

Atleast you have made the effort of updating - wonder why it is so quiet on the organisers front.

Many thanks