Team-BHP - Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/89250-wheel-war-ii-kolkata-drag-3rd-october-edit-postponed-31st-october-2010-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 2094721)
Then i must have heard it wrong from the same source. :p

Like i said - eagerly waiting for the D-day. Haven't met you in person - do drop by at the venue. :)

What suman da told me was the car was putting out 225 and that they planned to take it up to 270(guess that's where you got that 170 from) although I'm not sure how effective that would be on a FWD.

Me planning to get some stuff like TB/Brake pads change done on my RS before the 31st so that I can bring it along for the meet.:)

What time is the event happening ?? and where in rajarhat is it taking place ?

Guys any updates?where in rajarhat and what time?

a certain Bong-Mallu has a small information:

WWII to start from 9.00AM on 31st October 2010 at Rajarhat. The exact location will be known after competitors' briefing on Friday, 29th Oct'10.

Final list of TBHPians participating will be known after that. Wish you all the best in advance.

Request to all snappers - please keep your cameras & handy-cams ready for the event.

May the Best Man & Machine Win :) Till then drive safe and take care.

Requesting Bong-Mallu to update this thread.

Hoping to see some serious action here!! Its been so log since we saw some serious Indian Motorsport.

The event starts at 9am. The location is the road adjacent to the ground where the last SSS was held, as part of Rota Car rally this year. If you are going towards Airport, the ground will be on your right, between the first and second left-handers.

See you there!!

Will be on my way to the airport late morning. If not late for my flight, will watch for some time. Should be interesting.

How is the timing being done? And anyone with an iphone and dynolicious, or something similar?

Regards
Sutripta

Just to add a bit of spice.

There will be an SL AMG, a Ferrari and possibly a few more exotics.

And something that had been in the wings for long may be present.

The Lambo. ;)
The owner just got delivery couple of days back and has been requested to bring it. Fingers crossed for now.

They won't be officially participating, rather will do display runs.

See u all there.

Just to add some spice.

An SL AMG, a Ferrari and maybe a few more exotics will be there to do demo runs, won't compete officially.

One thing that has been under the wraps for long is finally here.

Yes the Lambo. The owner has been requested to bring it.
Fingers crossed for now ;)

See u all there.

@Nos thats some spice!Will turn out to be a mini supercar meet:)

car scrutiny starts by 8am. drivers / participants have been asked to reach there by 7am.

list of tbhpians participating:
Bong Mallu / Joseph / Nos Power
sgchoudhury
predatorwheels / aniket
evo / deval.

i am planning to reach there by 10am.

Ill be there by 9am.Getting my cam too.Car-Anhc.

What time will the event end by?

So how was it guys ? Heard that a Red MGA came dragging and clocked 22seconds on a 400mtr track? where are the pics guys ?

What an absolute farce! BHPian Noshu's stock Accent was put up against a blown Baleno. BHPian Evo's (Phase 1) vRS against his namesake, an Evo (driven by A. Ghosh of INRC fame). Predatorwheelz was evenly matched against another CRDi Verna. Only winner from TBHP was SGChoudhury(?) in his OHC 1.3. Congratulations buddy!!! Didn't see any exotics. But two(IIRC) E30s were there. Also present was a maroon SL 320 (R129). @ IndrojitSircar - The red MG was quite a sight. Absolute beauty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 2124931)
What an absolute farce! BHPian Noshu's stock Accent was put up against a blown Baleno. BHPian Evo's (Phase 1) vRS against his namesake, an Evo (driven by A. Ghosh of INRC fame). Predatorwheelz was evenly matched against another CRDi Verna. Only winner from TBHP was SGChoudhury(?) in his OHC 1.3. Congratulations buddy!!!

Are you kidding me? But then, in hindsight, the classifications were based on engine size alone.

What was the 1.3 paired against?