Team-BHP - Track Day Annoucement
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Track Day Annoucement (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/8947-track-day-annoucement.html)

Hi All,

There is a small group of us that are arranging a track day in Chennai. We are trying to have one on the 10 /11 of December. There will be cars & bikes, so we will split up the day into 40mins sessions of only cars and then only bikes, to prevent any traffic jams. We are trying to relax all the club rules ie. Roll Cages Etc. I think that the day will cost each driver Rs800/- The sessions will start at 10:00AM 10th after a 30 Mins Track Day Brief.

If you are interested in joing in please feel free to PM so that I can make the nessary arrangements for you (and crew) if you choose to bring one.

Helmet, Seat Belts and clothing will be examined before you exit the pits, so make sure you dont land up there in your shorts & sandles.....

For Bikers - Either Leathers / Gortech Riding Gear, Gloves, Helmets, Appropriate Boots and no pillions on the track....

All the cost go to the Track to help in maintainence...

If there are enough participants we will try to conduct time trails on Sunday 1st Half..

Thanks

WOW, the perfect weekend is a track day event!

Buttttttttttttttt too bad that its at the other end from Bombay. I do hope that people who are from Chennai make it since this is an opportunity that should not be missed in India.

If only Maharashtra had a track.

GTO

Hi
Is this running on the short loop or the full-track? How long is each session. I assume there will be separate sessions for cars and bikes.

Quote:

How long is each session. I assume there will be separate sessions for cars and bikes.
There will be cars & bikes, so we will split up the day into 40mins sessions of only cars and then only bikes, to prevent any traffic jams.

Shan2nu

Superb. God, y am i so lucky?? i get to watch all the drag races, track races, track days,...and my fellow bhpians in mumbai are envying Chennai so much...:( Weekends in Chennai are sure turning out to be gr8 fun.

So, how many are going? I see more enthusiasm for drag racing than for lapping sessions. (69 replies versus 5).

Come on people...dont like to go around corners or what.

yea, Mpower has a valid point. Sad to see no interest for a track day. Trust me guys, once you attend a track day, there's no turning back...you'll just wanna keep going for more.

Chennai and Bangalore boys, you guys should NOT miss this.

Quote:

Trust me guys, once you attend a track day, there's no turning back...you'll just wanna keep going for more.
Thats true... Drag racing is all about the 'high' for 15 seconds or less.
Tracks give u the high for a much longer time with all the cornering, lateral Gforces, lap timings,....

Drag racing is more about machines whereas track racing brings out the better driver in u.For me, Racing of any kind will give all the high i need...and thats the reason i'll always remain a teetotaler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Hi
Is this running on the short loop or the full-track? How long is each session. I assume there will be separate sessions for cars and bikes.

We will be running the full track for the track day...

Update - Postponed To 17/18 Dec 2005

OT: Poncho, why is it that when I click on your link in your signature, it takes me to a site selling lingerie!!!

Hmm.. Sounds really interesting. anyone else from bangalore going?

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho
Update - Postponed To 17/18 Dec 2005

Great. Will be in chennai over this weekend. Now for a car. Any donor cars from chennai will be welcome :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Hmm.. Sounds really interesting. anyone else from bangalore going?

hhmm..maybe the entire gang from SAG Racing might be driving down to coimbattore provided one Mr.Psycho is back from the states in time..if the drags at chennai and coimbatore wont be coinciding then expect us to be there..

I guess Mumbai or a place just outside Mumbai can have a race track if people like Singhania or Malya come together and make a race track. Charge the contestants a certain amount for a certain time. And let people who can really drive not the excited people want to just drive fast without knowing what car handling physics are all about. I wish something comes up. It would be a great thing here.