Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 00:08   #1
BHPian

VW PoloCup 2011 Selections!

Greetings everyone!

Volkswagen is all set to launch the 2011 season of the PoloCup in May as a part of the JK National Racing Series. The tentative race calendar is scheduled to have an inaugural street race in Pune followed by races in Coimbatore, Chennai and at the Delhi F1 circuit. There is also a possibility of the PoloCup being included as a support race for the F1 Grand Prix in Delhi.

The training & selection procedure will begin as a three day karting event in Pune on the 18th, 19th & 20th of March. This will be conducted by Akbar Ebrahim from Meco Motorsport.

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to Coimbatore for the final round of selections on the PoloCup race cars which will be conducted by Ronny Wechselberger from VW Motorsport Germany.
(Ronny is VW's top instructor and stunt driver. He was the one behind the wheel in "The Bourne Ultimatum")

On the spot entry fee for the selections is Rs. 6,500/- which includes karting on all three days, food & beverages for the participants and official VW merchandise.

NOTE: The age criteria is 16 - 24yrs.

This thread will be updated as and when I receive more details.

Links:
My experience as a VW PoloCup Racing Driver

VW PoloCup Facebook Fan Page

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2011 at 14:15. Reason: Hi Shrivz, please note that we don't allow companies to make "special offers" to BHPians. Removing that line
Old 20th March 2011, 00:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW PoloCup 2011 Selections!

I missed it!! Got my boards in the coming week and could not afford to neglect my studies this time. Having said that, did anyone go for the training and selection program?? Any reports??

@ shrivz: so was this the last and final selection opportunity for the upcoming season. Please tell me there will be another round in April probably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks