Team-BHP - Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/101563-aston-martin-unwraps-new-v12-zagato.html)

Feast your eyes on the new Aston Martin V12 Zagato. The product of a reborn partnership between the British sportscar-maker and the Milanese design house that goes back fifty years, the V12 Zagato has just been revealed on its way to the Concorso d'Eleganza at Villa d'Este on the shores of Italy's Lake Como.

The concept's engine is unchanged from the V12 Vantage road car – Aston says it is gauging public reaction before announcing production plans, but something tells us they've already decided.

The rear reminds me of the 458 Italia and California. Good for a concept, but I expect a lot better from the company that produces fine pieces of art like the DBS :)

It looks like they backed a vantage into a Ferrari FF!

Not good,the rear looks very messy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2360055)
It looks like they backed a vantage into a Ferrari FF!

Not good,the rear looks very messy.

Absolutely agreed. The overall looks are too indifferent from cars like the FF. What a shame!

In 1986 Aston put its very successful Tadek Marek designed 5.4 ltr V8 into a very distinctive bodyshell clothed by Zagato. The result, the Aston Martin V8 Zagato was a stunning car unlike anything else on the road. All 50 cars made were sold right at the drawing stage, even before the actual production cars hit the road!

Here's a pic of that very distinctive car (pic courtesy netcarshow.com)

Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-aston_martinv8_zagato_1986_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

If they had to partner with Zagato again, why not try to bring out something a little more distinctive?

Looks so much like a Ferrari and not Aston. Seems like the car might hit production soon in very limited numbers.

Quote:

The model will be followed by a production version, in extremely limited numbers. Expect that production version to appear sometime next year.

Wow! I love it. :thumbs up

Look at that gorgeous side profile with the adorable kamm tail!

Anyone with a pic of the front?

IMO, there are much better looking Aston Cars, this truly looks more like a Ferrari. One can't take one's eyes off a Rapide or a DBS, this is no where close to those!

hmm...dual personality of sorts. Aston Martin face with an Italian rear end, very interesting indeed. Easily the meanest looking Aston to be made, if ever.

Also, gorgeous wheels...nothing british about that!

This V12 Endurance Racer still manages to be a looker in spite of the stereotypical(read gorgeous) Aston touches given a miss. Kudos to Zagato! Love the usual twin bubble roof and the GTR-ish greenhouse!

Not the best looking car from the Aston stable!

Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-zag1.jpg

Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-zag2.jpg

Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-zag3.jpg
pics:exoticsonroad.com

V12 Zagato road-going version - Revealed!
Quote:

Aston Martin has announced the road-going variant of the V12 Zagato which will be making its public debut at the Frankfurt motor show next month.
The luxury British automaker will be bringing two exemplars of the V12 Zagato, based on the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, to the Frankfurt show - one named Zig and the other Zag.
Zig, a full-spec endurance race car concept, will come in Aston Martin's distinct green livery and fitted with the aero package that distinguishes the model - that includes a front splitter, dive planes, large rear diffuser and rear wing.
Zag, which was converted to an endurance racer too, will revert back to the same guise it was in when it premiered at the Villa d'Este Concorso d'Eleganza back in the spring.
Production is slated to start in mid-2012 and the V12 Zagato will be limited to around 150 units.
The car is priced at £330,000 (€376,500 / $544,000), not including local taxes.
Source
Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-103994647683870228.jpg

Aston Martin unwraps new V12 Zagato-12505853951661587130.jpg

They should rename it to Aston Merrari Zagato FF, what a crap.
They've made it all swollen from everywhere as if its undergone the bee attack. The V12 is a saving grace for an otherwise properly crappy looking car. As the news say, its a full endurance machine, is there a possibility of a LeMans racer in future, once this goes to production?

Is it just me or does this thing has a GT-R roofline.???

^Yeah I agree was thinking the same thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 2489174)
Is it just me or does this thing has a GT-R roofline.???

I would differ on that, closer look seems like the roof has double bulge, maybe a part of aerodynamic nurburg-ness but it doesn't look like a GTR