Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2006, 22:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Peugeot Concept

Hey guys, anyone come across this car...Looks good, but not practical at all.

Old 11th February 2006, 03:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, talk about trying something new. Woah, full marks for imagination!
Old 11th February 2006, 04:10   #3
BHPian

thats beyond our future ...stunning designs..but i dont understand y do these car companies unveil extreme futurisitic vehicles like this when they know they are not going to sell them in the near future...i know japs are obsessed with outlandish techhy designs bt now peugeot is walking on the same lines...
Old 11th February 2006, 04:10   #4
BHPian

save that for Tom Cruise's 2060 futuristic concept movies..
Old 11th February 2006, 04:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambylimo
thats beyond our future ...stunning designs..but i dont understand y do these car companies unveil extreme futurisitic vehicles like this when they know they are not going to sell them in the near future...i know japs are obsessed with outlandish techhy designs bt now peugeot is walking on the same lines...
My understanding is that they don't necessarily have to bring the car as-it-is to production. They can use the technologies or ideas used in the concept car in a production vehicle.

Like the innovative wheel design in this car may one day find its way into a production car. The wheel in this car is part of the body. It is surrounding the door. The designer says that bigger wheels means fewer revolutions to move the vehicle and hence higher energy efficiency. http://www.peugeot-concours-design.com/en/01_vainqueur/

I think the idea of concept vehicle is not just to "show-off" but to explore design ideas. It is an added bonus if it is feasible enough to mass produce the vehicle. I think the DSG gear boxes, the high intensity discharge head lamps, vehicle stability programs, hybrid engines and such new features in vehicles these days were once part of concept vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks