Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 13:34   #1
BHPian

My Pebble Beach Concours experience

Hello fellow BHP'ians. I happened to drive by Carmel, California during the Pebble beach Concours 2011. Came across a number of exotic cars. Had a chance to take some photos as I was driving by.

The one which really took my breath away was the Ford GT!
Attached Thumbnails
My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2563-1.jpg  

My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2562.jpg  

My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2564-1.jpg  

My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2565-1.jpg  

My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2566-1.jpg  

My Pebble Beach Concours experience-img_2567-1.jpg  

silverblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 19:53   #2
BHPian

Re: My Pebble Beach Concours experience

Car 1, 2: Ford GT
Car 3: Lamborghini Diablo SE30 (apparently only 150 of these were built)
Car 4: Ferrari Testarossa
Car 5: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster
Car 6: Lamborghini ___?
Old 12th October 2011, 22:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

The word Pebble Beach got me expecting tons of pics of all rarest of the rare cars in the world. Nice start, I expect there is more. Please say, Yes

So far, the Diablo takes the cake, the Testarossa and SLR running in at second and third. The GT would fit more in SEMA or GumBall, not at the PB.

The last is a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari California (parked) by the way.

Last edited by Scorcher : 12th October 2011 at 22:40.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 08:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

I dont think thats an SE30,also was there any SE30 roadsters built?Looks like a VT roadster to me.

But nice pics
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 09:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The word Pebble Beach got me expecting tons of pics of all rarest of the rare cars in the world. Nice start, I expect there is more. Please say, Yes

So far, the Diablo takes the cake, the Testarossa and SLR running in at second and third. The GT would fit more in SEMA or GumBall, not at the PB.

The last is a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari California (parked) by the way.
Unfortunately, I did not take more pics. I happened to drive through Carmel/Pebble beach for a dinner. I had no idea the Concours was going on that day. Wish I had known earlier and got passes to attend the event! The roads were lined with supercars back to back, causing a traffic jam trying to get into Carmel.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I dont think thats an SE30,also was there any SE30 roadsters built?Looks like a VT roadster to me.

But nice pics

You may be right. That could be a VT Roadster. The two models are virtually identical cosmetically.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
On the outside, the SE30 differed from other Diablo models with a revised front fascia featuring straked brake cooling ducts and a deeper spoiler, while the rear cooling ducts were changed to a vertical body-colored design. The raging bull emblem was moved from the front of the luggage lid to the nose panel of the car between the front indicators. The engine lid had slats covering the narrow rear window, while a larger spoiler was installed as standard equipment. The single rear fog lamp and rear backup lamp, which had been on either side of the rear grille, were moved into the bumper; this change would be applied to all Diablo models across the lineup. Completing the exterior variations were special magnesium alloy wheels, SE30 badging, and a new metallic purple paint color (this could be changed upon request).
Old 17th November 2011, 05:58   #7
BHPian

Having lived in Monterey/Carmel this week is a must for anyone that loves cars, it is absolutely AMAZING! Good that you trip coincided with Monterey Week.
Raj2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks