Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 09:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes

Mercedes had almost it's entire range on display there. As expected there was a huge crowd surrounding every benz and it took us a while to go through the Merc display.

S class: The new S class was there announcing it's arrival in Canada. It was amazing to see the 'world's best car' from such close quarters. Mercedes even allowed people to sit inside their luxo sedan and it left us amazed. The quality, the features, just the way every button and switchgear felt was amazing. So impressed was i with the car that I completely forgot about taking pictures of the car from close quarters! The only interior pic I have is this one which I clicked awaiting my chance to get inside the S. It took a long wait for the people inside to stop ogling the car and exploring every one of the zillion features. Thank god the battery was disconnected or we would have had to wait overnite to get in this baby!

G Wagen The GL 450 was on display. I have to say, you get what you pay for. Mercedes interior is almost the best in business. The quality and touch of plastics and switchgear is top notch. Absolutely fantastic. However, Audi quality is better then Mercedes. After going through the show, we were unanimous about our rankings of interior quality.
1. Audi
2. Mercedes and Volvo.
3. BMW

R class The big station wagen from Mecedes also doubled up as shuttle car from the show to the parking areas close to the convention center. Sadly, I managed to get parking inside the center! 3.5L V6 268Hp with a 7 speed Automatic, the R class range starts from a whopping CAD 64,400!

Mercedes Santro....Errrr...

B Class Mercedes made a tall boy too! The B class can be your entry into the 3 pointed star club in Canada. Starting from CAD 30,950 approx the car is powered by a 2.0L 4 cyl 8 valve 134hp unit or a 2.0L Turbo 193hp unit. Though the interiors were typical Mercedes, what struck me was how high the dashboard and steering placement was. The seats, dash and steering give a balcony seating feel.

Last edited by amit : 7th March 2006 at 09:59.
Old 7th March 2006, 13:47   #17
BHPian

kool picz...

hey dude....

gr8 pics....

the auto show in dubai's coming up...

will post some pics soon....

cheers....
Old 7th March 2006, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

The BMW 3 is not bad at all. The mag pics made it look awful.

The Honda fit is an exact fit for India. It'll mow down Swift's sales if it ever reaches our shores in a correct pricing.
Old 8th March 2006, 05:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

And yes, after sitting in many roadsters I have changed my decision on my favouraite roadster.

Previously it was the Mustang with its legacy. But the crude build quality turned me of big time.

But on the other side stands nissan 350z. Excellent car. sit inside and a smile creeps from your lips. excellent build and design. Ergonomics are good too.
Old 8th March 2006, 06:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
And yes, after sitting in many roadsters I have changed my decision on my favouraite roadster.

Previously it was the Mustang with its legacy. But the crude build quality turned me of big time.

But on the other side stands nissan 350z. Excellent car. sit inside and a smile creeps from your lips. excellent build and design. Ergonomics are good too.
yh 350Z puts you in a comfort zone which comes with the experience of slipping inside the plush seats of this roadster ...terrific ground visibility considering the curves and bends of a sports car...kinda feelin to be had man..
Old 8th March 2006, 06:35   #21
BHPian

great work behind the camera...good coverage of the autoshow..tough to say which one's the show stealer...but yh hyundia azera and Nissan 350Z Roadster vere outstanding...
Old 9th March 2006, 08:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mitusbishi

Mitsubishi's display was dominated by the Eclipse. The spyder varint took pride of place on a ramp while the GT version was open to customers inspections. The Eclipse felt good though. Interior design and trim and fittings were great though not as good as Mazda RX8 or the best of the lot, Nissan 350Z.

Old 9th March 2006, 10:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nissan

Nissan had it full range of impressive models on display but the most important model was the new Sentra and the car didn't disappoint.

Sentra Nissan totally redesigned the horribly outdated Sentra and boy did they do a good job at it. Exterior's, interiors dimensions have grown, and the car looks much more upmarket then the outgoing model. The pictures will make it clear that the Sentra looks like a baby Altima. The car was on a revovling ramp so interior pics wouldnt be too clear.

350Z Between the Eclipse, RX8 and 350Z, the nissan impressed us the most. It is the best looker, has the best designed interiors as also the best quality one. Interior plastics, switchgear, trim and fittings are of fabulous quality. The seats were also the best among the three. Just loved this car.

The funny part is Devarish got caught by one of the chinese sales staff at the Nissan display and the guy thought Dev is loaded and starting explaining stuff about the car to him. When I reached the sales pitch being done by the salesguy to his 'client', I realised that the chinese guy was actually working out lease numbers for Dev and enthusiastically was telling him that if he bought the car at the show, he would get some additional special auto show promotion. Now here is where things went crazy. Monthly payments worked out, the salesguy started telling us that the 350Z was the best car to buy as it costs less then half of what some of the European cars like Porsche cost! He also said the 350Z will give you better performance and handling then Porsche!

Last edited by amit : 9th March 2006 at 10:55.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Suburu

Tribeca Suburu's Tribeca SUV impressed us too. Frankly, the design is a bit radical and not to everyone's liking but we loved the interior.

R1e Don't know much about this small car except that it's a electric car. Would India's one lac rupee car look something like this?

Old 9th March 2006, 11:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki

PX concept Built on the Grand Vitara platform. The car was right hand drive version brought in straight from Japan!

Old 10th March 2006, 07:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

VolksWagen

VolksWagen had some new and interesting cars on display. The car that generated the most interest among show goers was the upcoming Eos convertable.

Eos Built on the Golf platfrom, the Eos is going to VW's first convertable with a folding metal roof with a integrated sun roof! Webasto are doing the roof and the car is scheduled for a fall launch. Engine choices will be 2.0T FSI 200 hp with 6 speed Manual or 6 speed DSG or the 3.6 narrow angle V6 with variable valve timing 280 hp with 6 speed manual or 6 speed auotmatic with paddle shifting. Vw are targetting a starting price of CAD38,000-40,000 which is fantastic value since the only other European convertable is the Volvo c70 priced from CAD 55,000. Also volvo's trunk doesn't close automatically after roof is folded in while VW has a 3 piece folding roof.

Video link showing the working of the roof. Quicktime player required.

GTI The all new GTI was luanched at the show too. 2.0 T FSI 200 hp with 6 speed manual or 6 speed dsg. 4 door avaliable from June. Starting from CAD29,375 with heavy list of standard equipment that includes 6 Disc 10 speaker sound system , rear center pass thorugh, ESP, MFI, 6 airbags and bi xenons. Optional sunroof and leather seats avaliable.

Golf The MK V Golf were on display both in 2 and 4 door variants (US model only however). Though standard list and prices are not yet announced, VW is planning to price the car from CAD19,900 when launched in June. Golf will be powered by the 2.5L 5 cylinder 150 hp engine which made it's debut in the new Jetta. Interiors will look like the GTI and Jetta interiors.

Beetle The cute chic magnet in the sexy salsa red was right in the center of the display area. I am not exgerarating here guys but every girl and woman that crossed VW display went straight to the Beetle, sat in them and had their pictures clicked. Girls love this car!

Touareg R-GT concept 3.2L V6 twin turbo's 550 hp.

Last edited by amit : 10th March 2006 at 07:51.
Old 10th March 2006, 08:45   #27
BHPian

hey really good pics dude, one thibg, is really true that the old mustangs gt r far more better than the new ones? n also Is the Mercedes r class Brabus present there"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks