Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:44   #1
BHPian

Ford Mustang to be loaded with Microsoft Technology!

I am not sure this fits in this forum but they are modifications nonetheless.

Microsoft (yup of Windows fame) has teamed up with a custom car builder to upgrade a 2012 Ford Mustang with all Microsoft technologies including Windows, Windows Azure, Xbox, Kinect, and Bing. The project is called Project Detroit and is intended to be a showcase. But the car IMHO looks cool

More details here
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang to be loaded with Microsoft Technology!-mustang.jpeg  

Old 23rd March 2012, 11:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now a Car by Microsoft!!

I must clarify that they chose Blue to match the whole light theme in case of BSOD!

I gather from the article that the mod is basically by West Coast Customs, only the various gadgets have been put in by Microsoft to showcase what all one can do using their OS/softwares.

I'd say I'm mighty impressed with the exterior mod but not certain how many would actually be intrigued by all the gizmos inside.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:05   #3

Here is the official press release from Microsoft

The car would be featured on Inside West Coast Customs TV series.

Quote:
To create Project Detroit, a 2012 Ford Mustang with a 1967 fastback body, Microsoft teamed up with Ryan Friedlinghaus, an award-winning automotive designer based in Corona, Calif., and star of the Discovery Channel's Velocity network reality TV series "Inside West Coast Customs." This Sunday, March 25 at 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT), the show will feature Project Detroit, so tune in and set your DVRs.
I must say good move by MSFT considering that Google showcased similar concepts in last year's Google I/O 2011
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:07   #4
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2012 at 12:50.
HorsPwr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2012, 04:35   #5
BHPian

Re: Ford Mustang to be loaded with Microsoft Technology!

Since we are on Mustangs, here is a recent review of the 2013 Mustang GT by Alex Lloyd (British born pro racer who is active on the Indy circuit presently).

It's thumbs up for Detroit Muscle.

2013 Ford Mustang GT: Motoramic Drives | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Lloyd concludes: "All that said, this GT still connects with a mighty punch, and there's little else that can deliver similar performance or swagger at $42,000. It's a reminder that driving isn't always about having the best handling and the slickest interior. Sometimes, it's about how a car makes you feel — and at its best, the 2013 Mustang made me feel like Steve McQueen."
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang to be loaded with Microsoft Technology!-sv1_4790.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks