Team-BHP - Caddy's CTS Super V - 505hp to tackle the likes of M5
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Caddy's CTS Super V - 505hp to tackle the likes of M5 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/11959-caddys-cts-super-v-505hp-tackle-likes-m5.html)

Just saw some spy shots of this 2007 CTS from Cadillac range to be called Super V, the V series which are already fast cars, all under 5 secs are now becoming even faster, check these shots out with wide body design and the all new C6 Z06 engine dropped into them...can you imagine what would happen now, though I dont particularly like the whole package but it would be killer and cost 20k less than the M5..ofcourse no comparison in certain areas but if we consider only speed..this would be right up there with the M5 and may be even edge out if it weights less..

it aint that bad..it looks pretty devilish.... plus i love the alloys

I personally like the body of the normal CTS more than the V and the 'super-V'.

The design language is better, more well defined in the normal CTS body.

This one looks kinda, i dont know, after-market and tacked on, rather than having the natural aggresion of the M5.

No questions about thr power, though. 505 bhp should sew things up pretty nicely.

not a fan of those flares, looks like they were tacked on as an afterthought

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe
not a fan of those flares, looks like they were tacked on as an afterthought

I think they are early spy shots, so the final version should have blended in flares, remember seeing the first spy shots of the S6? the wide body was also put on a regular A6, same is the case here, the final prod should have the flare seemlessly built into the body panels..

No comparision to the m5 but i mean for 20k less what the heck... its a poor mans m5 ;)

who would buy a caddy instead of Beemer?

price considerations, i would go for a M3.
Atleast for me, there is enough power in M3.

you can never have enough power...i drive a 400hp monster..i want more..i want the 505hp z06 and when i get that i would want more..but more than would mean only few choices, CGT, FGT, Enzo, Zonda which unfortunetly are a little out of my price range but anyhow...my point is you can never have enough power..

What powerplant does it use? Is it the same 7.0L V8 from the Z06? Does this mean that the current CTS-V with the 5.7 will be axed? Or offered as a lower priced variant? This will then be the most powerful caddy ever, taking the crown from the current STS/XLR-V.
:OT
Does 7.0L really do 22mpg? I have read somewhere that it avoids the gas guzzler tax. How does it do it inspite of being a big pushrod V8?? Does it also use that multidisplacement thing used in big Chrysler V8s?

I really like the way the recent Caddilac's looks. They're really mean looking and got loads of power too.

i have seen some normal CTSes(cti?) but no v and it didnt seem special. i am also wondering if there is a performance version of the lincoln LS. the LS definately turned my head it has that aura of a luxury car but i have no idea about power or anything else.

Quote:

i am also wondering if there is a performance version of the lincoln LS. the LS definately turned my head it has that aura of a luxury car but i have no idea about power or anything else.

The LS is dead. There was no real performance version, but it did get a power boost that upped its rating to 280Bhp from its 3.9L V8 which it shared with the thunderbird. LS is replaced by the FWD Zephyr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo
What powerplant does it use? Is it the same 7.0L V8 from the Z06? Does this mean that the current CTS-V with the 5.7 will be axed? Or offered as a lower priced variant? This will then be the most powerful caddy ever, taking the crown from the current STS/XLR-V.
:OT
Does 7.0L really do 22mpg? I have read somewhere that it avoids the gas guzzler tax. How does it do it inspite of being a big pushrod V8?? Does it also use that multidisplacement thing used in big Chrysler V8s?

Yes it does, infact I have seen the DIC read 28mpg on the 7.0L Z06 Engine..mine also does about the same..though i am a spirited driver, i generally get about 26mpg on the highway but i have seen in long drives the Z06 has given 28mpg and more...which is phenominal only cars over 400 and 500hp giving this kind of mpg..

and why do you think the V will be axed, it will be like A4, S4 and RS4 so CTS, CTS-V and CTS-SuperV

:Frustrati i completely forgot about that. also dont the clk dtm and the new clk 63 pace car have some hideous flare on them. and i thought the s-class had ugly flares

Quote:

:Frustrati i completely forgot about that. also dont the clk dtm and the new clk 63 pace car have some hideous flare on them. and i thought the s-class had ugly flares

yes, yes

not hell no to the S class flares, have u seen one in person..its sheer beautiful :)