Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 12:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Video : What Lexus can do and the Germans can't

The current gen Lexus' aren't underdogs either, very capable and very competitive to the rival germans across categories. I think they also have a supremely capable sport saloon like an M3, I saw those in US quite frequently intact more than I saw the M badges, I guess LS4** or something, I can't recall exactly.
Old 31st May 2012, 13:21   #17
BHPian

These videos just go on to show how dedicated lexus is in every step of the manufacturing process. No other manufacturers have come up with such videos. I wonder if a ferrari or a lambo undergoes crash testing.
This is also one such video

The conclusion can be arrived at from these videos is consumers are getting what they are promised from a premium brand. Combined with the premium factor and toyota reliability only makes the lexus much more appealing to a discerning buyer. And actually translates to vfm on a rupee to rupee basis in comparison to german or other european cars. Just wishing lexus opens up dedicated dealerships with strategic pricing and good service support. That would make it all the more appealing to get a lexus in my stable.

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2012 at 13:37. Reason: Fixing youtube link
Old 31st May 2012, 16:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

More astonishing is the engine scrutiny where their tolerance level is 1/1000 of a millimeter!
Old 31st May 2012, 16:51   #19
BHPian

Lexus has always managed to distinguish its premium brand from its economy brand (though in India, a Toyota is still considered a luxury by some). The Lexus ES350 shares the same platform as the Toyota Camry, and when you first hear about it, it does make you wonder if you'll want to buy a Lexus again - after driving the Toyota Camry - but when you do actually drive the Lexus ES350, you can hardly tell that it has anything in common with the Camry. You can barely hear the engine when you drive, unlike on the Camry, and Lexus did pretty much everything to giving it a premium feel, including a 14-speaker ICE (I can't even imagine where I would fit 14 speakers and how that would matter!).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks