Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 18:30   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop: Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any information about the launch of the CLA in India?
I guess the CLA AMG is already launched (or about to launch). Media houses have started posting the reviews. Looking at Mercedes' upcoming line-up, I assume it will be the GLA first, followed by the new C/CLA.

In another thread, I read that the C launch is being brought forward to end of this year, which probably means the CLA could get moved out to next year.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 18:32   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I guess the CLA AMG is already launched (or about to launch). Media houses have started posting the reviews. Looking at Mercedes' upcoming line-up, I assume it will be the GLA first, followed by the new C/CLA.

In another thread, I read that the C launch is being brought forward to end of this year, which probably means the CLA could get moved out to next year.
A friend is in the market for an entry level german with a budget of 30L. I think the CLA and the A3 are both very suitable candidates for his usage. Also with the upcoming C class, there might be some good discounts being offered on the current C class.
Old 16th July 2014, 18:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend is in the market for an entry level german with a budget of 30L. I think the CLA and the A3 are both very suitable candidates for his usage.
As far as I recall, the CLA will be launched in AMG trim first while the non-AMG version will come some time later. The A3 will be here much before it, so the CLA really won't come into his equation unless he were to hike his budget very significantly.
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 19:11   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A friend is in the market for an entry level german with a budget of 30L. I think the CLA and the A3 are both very suitable candidates for his usage. Also with the upcoming C class, there might be some good discounts being offered on the current C class.
As you mentioned, A3 and CLA would be the ideal candidates. The C may have discounts, but it may not be ideal to spend 30 odd lakhs on a soon-to-be-replaced model. It maybe better to see if there are discounts running on the car you own - the 3
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 20:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Folks! The Mercedes-Benz-CLA has crossed the 1 Lakh sales mark globally!

Quote:
The Mercedes CLA compact luxury sedan has reached a global sales milestone of 1 lakh units since its launch in April 2013. The four-door coupe is popular especially in USA and Germany.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutosBlog

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 02:48   #36
Team-BHP Support

With rumours of MB launching the GLA in India, any plans to introduce the CLA in the non-AMG spec?

Not sure what they are trying to acheive by launching the expensive CLA AMG and beefed up hatch GLA ahead of the beautiful CLA sedan!
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:03   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
With rumours of MB launching the GLA in India, any plans to introduce the CLA in the non-AMG spec?

Not sure what they are trying to acheive by launching the expensive CLA AMG and beefed up hatch GLA ahead of the beautiful CLA sedan!
I read somewhere in the forum that CLA is coming next year. I guess the order is GLA, followed by the new C-Class, and then the CLA.

I have seen the CLA here. It looks stylish, but overall the space is quite similar to the Audi A3, and infact felt more closed up due to the high window-line and coupe styling. On the other hand, the GLA is quite a pleasant car to be in. Interested to see if Mercedes bring the 4matic variant as well.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd September 2014 at 07:08.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:44   #38
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-Benz has imported one unit each of the CLA200 and CLA200 CDI sedans in India for homologation.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 17th December 2014, 12:01   #39
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz will be launching the CLA sedan in India early next year with the petrol starting at around Rs 40 lakh (on-road) and the diesel starting at Rs 43-45 lakh (on-road)! The diesel motor makes 135bhp and 30.5kgm of torque, while the petrol engine delivers 181bhp and 30.59kg of torque.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...15-392224.aspx
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 18:20   #40
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-Benz is planning to launch the CLA sedan on January 20, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 31st December 2014, 10:30   #41
BHPian

Mercedes Benz CLA to launch in India on January 22!

The CLA will come with a petrol and a diesel engine, the latter being a 2.2-liter four-cylinder unit. Like in the GLA crossover, this engine would produce 134 hp and 300 Nm of torque while using a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The petrol engine too could be borrowed from the GLA, which uses a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder developing 181 hp and 300 Nm of torque, matched to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. Both engine options will be front wheel drive variants, unlike the CLA 45 AMG which is all wheel drive.

The CLA shares its interior layout with the A Class, so expect features like power folding wing mirrors, Mercedes’s COMAND infotainment system, climate control, a sunroof, leather seats and 7 airbags.
Competitors: Audi A3
Expected price: INR 25-30 lakh, ex-Showroom
Launch date: January 22 2015

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/m...#ixzz3NRs5vFPx

SOURCE: IAB

Thanks,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 31st December 2014 at 10:32.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:52   #42
BHPian

Mercedes Benz CLA has been launched in India.

Just a quick comparison of prices for A, CLA and GLA.

Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 CDI Style Rs 31.5 lakh
Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 CDI Sport Rs 35.9 lakh
Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 Sport Rs 35 lakh

Mercedes-Benz A-Class A180 CDI Style Rs 26.2 L
Mercedes-Benz A-Class A180 Sport Petrol Rs 27.12 L
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Edition 1 Rs 27.9 L

Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 CDI Style Rs 32.75 L
Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 Sport Rs 36 L
Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 CDI Sport Rs 36.9 L

Gurus, what do you have to say about the pricing? Pricing is definitely way ahead of the Audi A3.

Note: Mods please move the post to an appropriate thread if this is not the right place for CLA's India launch. Thanks.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 22nd January 2015 at 14:59.
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:57   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Gurus, what do you have to say about the pricing? Pricing is definitely way ahead of the Audi A3.
A3 is the entry level Audi in India. Mercedes has the A and B class for that. CLA also feels like a more premium version and is even more desirable on the styling front. I personally feel the premium is justified. Not to mention - with the recent facelift of the C-class, they have moved it up the ladder to make space for the CLA.
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A3 is the entry level Audi in India. Mercedes has the A and B class for that. CLA also feels like a more premium version and is even more desirable on the styling front. I personally feel the premium is justified. Not to mention - with the recent facelift of the C-class, they have moved it up the ladder to make space for the CLA.
I agree with you Sir! Mercedes has up the level of luxury especially with these models. Eye candies with beautiful interiors, yes we can argue about the power output of the diesel but as a complete package, I feel the car is priced well. And for me that 12 speaker Harman Kardon system, ooh la la!!

Personally I am a fan of the A class but now that spot belongs to the CLA!
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Last year, many of us expecting that CLA will be positioned below the then-on-sale C-class. But Mercedes Benz India has cleverly launched the new C-class at a much higher price and has priced CLA somewhere around where the older C-class models were.

As far as price range is concerned, they have replaced C-class with CLA and E-class with C-class. I guess we will see the next iteration of regular E-class touching the 1 Crore Rupees mark!
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks