Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 23:27   #1

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California

I am not sure if people in this forum are aware of the Cars & Coffee phenomena that has caught on in the USA, but the original one started off in Irvine, CA. C&C is basically a gathering every Saturday morning where you bring your cars and put them on display and view cars while you grab a cupa Joe.

I live a few exits away from the place where C&C is held and I thought I would share a few pictures with you all, enjoy:
Attached Thumbnails
Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0092.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0093.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0094.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0095.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0100.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0102.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0110.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0097.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2012 at 15:10. Reason: Moved to the "International" section, as "Beyond Borders" is a sub-section of Vintage & Classics ;)
DesiOC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 07:00   #2
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiOC View Post
I am not sure if people in this forum are aware of the Cars & Coffee phenomena that has caught on in the USA, but the original one started off in Irvine, CA. C&C is basically a gathering every Saturday morning where you bring your cars and put them on display and view cars while you grab a cupa Joe.
Thanks for sharing.

I saw this for the first time on TV in the program "Chasing Classic Cars" and really liked this concept. There is was called Classic's & Coffee, as all the cars were vintage or classics. We could replicate this very easily.

Cheers

KPS
Old 26th June 2012, 07:46   #3
BANNED

I've been to the one in Dallas! I can't be sure but C&C really seems to be a bore outside of California, am I right? From my observation the same models appear in every C&C outside of Irvine, whereas in your meet an Exelero might show up or even a 911 GT1.

Just a question, why is the C&C in Irvine the most prominent C&C in Cali? I'd imagine NorCal being a good place for an exotic meet up due to the accumulation of Silicon Valley's creme de la creme. But naturally wouldn't L.A. be the brainless defacto beehive of supercar activity for obvious reasons?

Also, what kind of cars attract the most attention in C&C Irvine? I'm guessing you guys have a lot of CGT and Veyron guys, doesn't it get boring after a while(I know how this sounds LOL!!). There's just too much inflation!!!

P.S.: Are there a lot of Desis in OC that show up @ the C&C?

Last edited by D33-PAC : 26th June 2012 at 07:49.
Old 26th June 2012, 09:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Some nice cars out there. Thanks for sharing.

The basic concept reminds me of the Chennai TBHP meets that we used to have (once upon a time) - gather at the beach, admire each others cars/mods/ICE, grab some coffee at the Cafe Coffee Day. But with just a "minor" difference - we don't see these kind of exotics at the meet.
Old 26th June 2012, 09:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing, must be quite a sight.

Are there many vintage/classics present? If so could you share the pictures, as you've only posted more modern super cars, and this is the vintage and classic section
Old 26th June 2012, 10:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I've been to the one in Dallas! I can't be sure but C&C really seems to be a bore outside of California, am I right? From my observation the same models appear in every C&C outside of Irvine, whereas in your meet an Exelero might show up or even a 911 GT1.

Just a question, why is the C&C in Irvine the most prominent C&C in Cali? I'd imagine NorCal being a good place for an exotic meet up due to the accumulation of Silicon Valley's creme de la creme. But naturally wouldn't L.A. be the brainless defacto beehive of supercar activity for obvious reasons?

Also, what kind of cars attract the most attention in C&C Irvine? I'm guessing you guys have a lot of CGT and Veyron guys, doesn't it get boring after a while(I know how this sounds LOL!!). There's just too much inflation!!!

P.S.: Are there a lot of Desis in OC that show up @ the C&C?
To answer your questions:

Why is the C&C in Irvine the most prominent C&C in Cali?

This is the first place that C&C was started, so it the most prominent and yes it tends to have the largest gatherings and the highest number of exotics. Also, California is a very expensive place [by US standards, not so much by global standards] so it tends to have an inordinate amount of wealth; its a place place where the crem-dela-crem tend to live.

NorCal and SoCal are two very different places, Norcal is a modest place where you will find Millionaires that drive Corollas, whereas SoCal is a place where people tend to show off to project a certain image. If you can believe banks offer 13 year loans for cars because of this! People in SoCal tend to buy cars that they can barely afford.

As far as Desi's go, it think I represent about 50% of the population that shows up to these meets, and no it never gets boring, I tent to go every other Saturday.
DesiOC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 11:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Cars & Coffee at Irvine was one of my favourite hangouts when i was living in Pasadena....hell of a long early morning drive though but worth it.

You see some absolute stunners there...the 375MM that Tom Shaughnessy used to bring was absolutely the tops !

The fun of C&C is the sheer diversity of cars that show up from the best classics to the newest prototypes and the friendly attitude of the owners.

This has set a trend in the US with C&C meets happening all over the country now !

Please post detailed pictures of as many cars as possible

Last edited by wasif : 26th June 2012 at 11:07.
Old 30th June 2012, 02:46   #8
BHPian

DesiOC, thanks for sharing the pics. Are you aware of such events in the Bay area?

One of my favorite show was by the Good-Guys hot rod customs during March 2012. Waiting for their next event in August.

One thing I've noticed is even though I've seen many super cars in Bay area I'm yet to spot a Ferrari.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:58   #9

More Pics from C&C as requested, more to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0092.jpg  

Cars & Coffee - Irvine, California-img_0097.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks