Team-BHP - 10+ litres, 500+bhp - Please welcome the new bride in my auto harem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   10+ litres, 500+bhp - Please welcome the new bride in my auto harem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/12581-10-litres-500-bhp-please-welcome-new-bride-my-auto-harem.html)

Firstly, apologies for throwing a fit somewhere in here recently. And lets not discuss that anymore - as I reminded the old man sometime back, its a sellers market and therefore we have to come crawling back. Subject closed.

Now its time to introduce the new member of my automotive family. Exit, Stage Right, Ford Mondeo.............

Enter, Stage Left - My Black Beauty, the Chevrolet Lumina SS, aka Holden Monaro aka Pontiac GTO.

After years spent laughing at american cars, their general dynamics and the people that drive them, I went around looking for an economy sports sedan and the only wheels in my budget were American. After several test drives of various makes and models and several frantic SMSs and calls to Prof. Psycho, we zeroed in on two black Aussie Beauties. One was a coupe and the other was a sedan.

Towards the end of the deal, my wife stepped in to remind me that I was a married man and therefore cannot possibly have my way ALL the time. Out went the coupe, and we were left with a sedan. Still black, so I'm the one that wears the trousers at home...occassionally, anyway.

End of the day we have a 5.7 litre V8 with enough torque to pull the Deccan Queen. A 'vette engine in a sedan - a 'vette dream, if you may:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=283

Now for the title - this engine effectively takes my collective capacity over 10 litres and collective bhp over 500 once a certain BHPian (not Psycho) finishes some work...Got BHP? Yeah, and then some....

A year back I would never have contemplated such a purchase.
Thank you, Psycho. Thank you, TBHP.

Congratulations...

When do we get to read a proper report?? Or you want to wait for me? :)

Congrats.

And glad that its a real Chevy.

Hope you dont do a heart transplant after sometime to make Dicor more peppy. :D

As the Ozzies say - "G'd on ya mate"

Far cry from that Laguna that you had your eye on!!

Well , we were just discussing about u and the chevy a few hours back at the meet soon after speedrun and here u are officially announcing her arrival .. V8 , i guess psycho has something really weird playing in his mind .. Ur list will be down really soon , and u will be burning some serious rubber i guess .. Anyways enjoy ur ride .. Make sure u get the engine back when u actually get bored .. We could do something for the safari u know D: ...

Ah the legendary Holden Commodore.
Congrats steer, great choice.As they say in America, there is no replacement for displacement.

Now is there not a manual option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Ah the legendary Holden Commodore.

Nope its the Monaro. The Commodore is the same body with a lethargic 3.6 litre V6.

Quote:

there is no replacement for displacement.

Hallelujah!

Quote:

Now is there not a manual option?

Yes there's a six-speed manual, but you've got to be out of your mind to drive to work in DXB traffic in a manual. I should know - I've driven one for 2 years now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Or you want to wait for me?

That sounds good, old man. You can do the honours.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Far cry from that Laguna that you had your eye on!!

You betcha...and @ the same price, too. Budget BHP doesn't get better than this.

Whoa. I just love the idea of a 'vette engine in a big sedan!!! Way to go man!!! Have fun!!!

340 reasons to go to Dubai.

Welcome to the party. Dress code: Bow tie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
lethargic 3.6 litre V6.

ahaaan!i bet maruti people will cite you as crazy. :p

Steer, you never told us how much you got it for !!

Congrats, Steer... This calls for one hell of a party..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Towards the end of the deal, my wife stepped in to remind me that I was a married man and therefore cannot possibly have my way ALL the time. Out went the coupe, and we were left with a sedan. Still black, so I'm the one that wears the trousers at home...occassionally, anyway.

Dont they always....lol:
awesome car steer.. congrats on your new baby...

340 bhp 'vette engine!!! Lucky you. Congratulations!!

btw, mileage kya hai? lol:

Monaro rocks. Good car bro...any chance you can get her up to Monster Monaro specs?