Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 18:55   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!

And the news gets confirmed. Unveiled at Ford’s Go Further event in Amsterdam, the all-new 2012 Fiesta hatch has got the 1.0L Ecoboost box inside it.

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-2013fiestafacelift05950x629.jpg

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-2013fiestafacelift07950x537.jpg

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-2013fiestafacelift03950x552.jpg

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-gofurthernewfordfiestainterior01950x711.jpg

Source (and more images) - http://paultan.org/2012/09/05/ford-f...1-0l-ecoboost/

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2012 at 18:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 19:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

Why does this version released in Amsterdam look better to me than the one spotted testing? Can we attribute it to:
- studio lighting
- two door car
- larger windshield
- better camera angles
- alloys

to me the spotted version just looks like an i20. which may be a good thing for some, definitely not for me. I like the one above though
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 19:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

^^ Great news. Any idea on when this hatch is expected in India? I have been seeing people hinting at some part of 2013, but is there any confirmed news yet?
Old 7th September 2012, 19:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And the news gets confirmed. Unveiled at Ford’s Go Further event in Amsterdam, the all-new 2012 Fiesta hatch has got the 1.0L Ecoboost box inside it.
Downright ugly!. The interiors look good though but that exterior looks too quirky
Old 7th September 2012, 19:51   #5
BHPian

Actully we do not get the above model now. What we get is the current New Fiesta in form of a hatch. We are getting the 6th Fiesta hatch that is currently selling in Europe.
Old 7th September 2012, 20:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am sure we will get the car at a value for money price............in 2020.

This is what they did with Figo I believe.

Eco boost or no boost. It will not matter. What will matter is diesel boost. Get the 1.5L diesel on a fiesta hatch and price it sensibly for christ sake.
Old 7th September 2012, 20:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Why does this version released in Amsterdam look better to me than the one spotted testing?
Even I feel the same. But I feel its because it looks a bit like an Aston Martin from the front, especially with the grill!
crux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 12:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!

New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-gofurthernewfordfiesta06opt.jpg

Ford has revealed the new Fiesta hatchback, which looks much sharper than the current model, with host of new features and the in vogue EcoBoost 1.0 engine. Ford once owned Aston Martin, and here in its latest avatar, there is a hint of the Aston grille

This probably is the first entry level hatchback with high-end features like Active City Stop and MyKey. The latter helps parents to restrict the car’s speed when it is driven by their children, thereby limiting their exposure to risk while at the wheel. Pretty neat, considering the fact that Fiesta is of one of the preferred first car in Europe for young new drivers.

Source (Press release quoted below)

Quote:
Ford Reveals Stylish New Fiesta; Advanced Technology Includes SYNC, MyKey and 1.0-litre EcoBoost Engine

• Ford unveils dynamic new Fiesta with sharper design and exclusive features

• Redesigned Fiesta delivers cutting-edge technology including Ford SYNC voice-activated connectivity system, Active City Stop and the European debut of MyKey

• Fiesta will be equipped with the award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine to deliver expected best-in-class fuel economy

AMSTERDAM, Sept. 5, 2012 – Ford today revealed the dynamic new version of the best-selling Fiesta that features a sharper design and a host of exclusive technology features.

The new Fiesta will be on stage tomorrow in Amsterdam at Ford's special "Go Further" product event hosted by Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally and attended by 2,500 dealers.

New Fiesta delivers an advanced package of technologies including voice-activated in-car connectivity system Ford SYNC, Active City Stop and the European debut of MyKey. It will also be equipped with the acclaimed 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine to deliver expected best-in-class fuel economy.

"Fiesta has been one of the world's best-loved small cars across five decades, and the sporty appeal of the last generation Fiesta inspired real passion among global compact car customers, contributing to its status as the world's most successful small car," said Martin Smith, Ford of Europe executive design director. "We had to keep that vital part of Fiesta's make-up – but we also wanted to give it a more sophisticated look."

The new Fiesta marks the latest chapter in the journey of the popular small car. Ford launched the first Fiesta in 1976 and has since sold more than 15 million models around the world. New Fiesta features design cues inspired by the latest Ford global design language and concept vehicles.

The Fiesta's face is dominated by a trapezoidal front grille, bracketed by laser-cut headlamps with daytime running lamps that use LED technology, and features a power-dome bonnet design. The redesigned Fiesta also delivers a harmonious and ergonomically optimised interior.

Fiesta follows Ford's approach of democratising technology – bringing advanced features to a greater number of drivers for the first time – and will be unique among its European competitors in featuring Active City Stop, a system designed to help drivers avoid low speed collisions.

Ford SYNC in-car connectivity system delivers an unprecedented level of connectivity, enabling owners to voice-activate phone calls and music selection from devices connected via Bluetooth or USB. The SYNC system includes Emergency Assistance, which directly connects the vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident, in the correct language for the region.

The new Fiesta will also feature the European debut of segment-first MyKey, which will enable parents in particular to encourage safer driving and limit their teenager's exposure to risk at the wheel. The system allows owners to configure maximum speed and audio volume limits. It also mutes audio until seat belts are fastened and ensures driver aids, safety systems and more vigorous alerts cannot be deactivated when used.

The 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is the 2012 "International Engine of the Year" and is expected to deliver best-in-class fuel economy.

Ford will reveal more details about the new European Fiesta range at the Paris Motor Show in September.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th September 2012 at 12:09. Reason: Spelling correction
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 12:18   #9
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!

Ford always made good-looking cars. The New Fiesta 2013 looks even better with its cuts & creases.

IMO, Ford India should launch this hatch + face lift the New Fiesta along with spruced up interiors to attract more customers to a highly capable car.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 12:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

I find that big mouth Aston'ish front grille very ugly on the 2013 Fiesta. I like the pre-facelift version a lot, wanted one too
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 13:51   #11
BHPian

Isn't this the same grill design as the Ford mini SUV EcoSport?
Old 10th September 2012, 09:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I find that big mouth Aston'ish front grille very ugly on the 2013 Fiesta. I like the pre-facelift version a lot, wanted one too
+1 to that. Even I feel the grille to be over done along with over sized front bumper.

IMO even the OVRMs seems a little out of place. Is the quarter glass in the front a new addition?
Old 10th September 2012, 09:21   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Ford always made good-looking cars. The New Fiesta 2013 looks even better with its cuts & creases.
Looks good, but probably a hint of overstyling there. But yes, it would be great if they show the courage to launch the hatchback in India. It can do what the Swift did for the segment a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Overall I liked the new look, but the wide-mouth Aston grille is probably a bit of an over-kill on the Fiesta (it looked better on the Mondeo). Anyway, I will reserve my judgment till I see it in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Isn't this the same grill design as the Ford mini SUV EcoSport?
Almost, but with the black colour scheme; the Ecosport grille looks more distinct compared the chrome/silver one on Mondeo/Fiesta.

Looks like they finally got rid of the mobile phone inspired centre console
New Ford Fiesta – Budget Ford with Aston looks!-fiesta-508467366.jpg
Source
Old 10th September 2012, 09:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

It is a good looking car no doubt. The interiors are also pleasing now that the mobile fascia is gone. Hope they launch it in India to compete against the likes of polo, i20 and Jazz. Though it would be tough for Ford to market the 1L engine as lot of people still believe in more displacement is better! 1L engine might mean people comparing it against the likes of WagonR.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:38   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Nice little car.
In India, if and when it arrives, I guess it will be positioned as a Premium Hatch, just below the Fiesta Sedan.
I am assuming it will compete with the likes of the Polo, Fabia and other such.
And yes! That Aston look-alike grille may make the world think that one is driving an Aston Cygnet or similar derivative!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th September 2012 at 09:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks