Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 01:26   #1
BHPian

Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu

Only 4 people have spotted the very secretive, yet to be launched Le Saphir Bleu, a special edition of the Bugatti Veyron. I'm the third one. So, here are pics (sorry, dslr stolen, so hybrid cam used, excuse quality) of the Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu by a bhpian. Plus one full zoom pic of the factory parking lot
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu-img_1123-800x479.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu-sap-1024x448-800x350.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu-img_1117-800x600.jpg  

JayR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 13:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Only 4 people have spotted the very secretive, yet to be launched Le Saphir Bleu, a special edition of the Bugatti Veyron. I'm the third one. So, here are pics (sorry, dslr stolen, so hybrid cam used, excuse quality) of the Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu by a bhpian. Plus one full zoom pic of the factory parking lot
Looks weird in my opinion.

Also, noticed that the alloys on the blue/black veyron in the second pick resembles the current generation Honda City's alloys.
http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....-drive-report/
Old 13th September 2012, 14:12   #3
BHPian

I'm a little sick of Bugatti churning out these hideous versions of the Veyron every couple of months. The worst part is some of them look good awful, like the L'or Blanc and this even more hideous Saphir Bleu.

Yes, it's an engineering marvel.

Yes, it's a 'Concorde moment' in automotive engineering.

But the fact is it's butt ugly and these hideous paint schemes don't help.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 15:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would've been shocked if anyone other than Jay created this thread! Great effort mate.

Coming to the car, as much as I love one off creations, Bugatti has struck the wrong note with this one, I guess. Something is not right, no, its not the WRE-SS rims.

I absolutely loved the L'Or Blanc, they should have left it at that.

Going by the Tuquoise color, I am guessing it will soon sport 'NA' initials.
Old 13th September 2012, 15:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Could it be so the black color is just camouflage and actual one would just have the Sapphire Blue color only?
Old 13th September 2012, 19:11   #6
BHPian

@Scorcher: Thanks

And to give my opinion as well, the L'Or Blanc Veyron is a stunning car. Even I had my reservations, till I saw her in person. You have to stand in front of that car, and drink in the details. It will grow on you. I think it's a very beautiful rendition of the Veyron Grandsport, with a lot of historic special details attached to it.

What surprised me, is the repetition of the same pattern for the Saphir Bleu. Now the owner of the L'Or Blanc is not a special guy anymore (well, compared to other Veyron owners). What was supposed to be one-off, isn't. And I agree that the Saphir Bleu is not a good looking car at all. But it is kind of hypnotic, the way the paint flows around the car. Only time will give more details. I wish I could have, but got badly sunburnt shooting the Bugatti Festival, and waiting in the sun outside the factory. So giving the skin a break in cooler temperatures.

Bugatti is constantly coming out with special editions, because IMO, they are trying to keep the product fresh. And as an ultra-luxury automobile (Italias & Gallardos pale in comparison with the overall concept of a Veyron), the options for customization are endless. Like the picture of the Sang Blanc (fr. 'White Blood'). I found her tucked behind the factory, next to the Chateau Bugatti. 5 mins later, she was gone. So, good timing for once.
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu-dsc_1448-800x533.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron Saphir Bleu-img_1112-800x600.jpg  

Old 31st October 2012, 04:14   #7
BHPian

Not that many seem to care for the Veyron here, beyond the 'Mr W16 who doesn't have a W16' talks, but my favourite Veyron has been ripped off for the second time!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

No matter what the colour scheme, I think the Veyron is a truly remarkable car.

I've come across a few in the States and when I visit the the Schlumpf museum in Mulhouse France a few years ago ( http://www.citedelautomobile.com/en/home ) they had one on display as well.

Of course, in terms of specification it is totally bonkers. Why would anybody want a 1000BHP car?? Probably the only reason is that somebody decided 'lets see if we can do it".

Those sort of decision will get my vote anytime. No rationale, other than lets see how far we can push the envelope! I find that remarkable and admirable.

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks