Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 19:10   #1
BHPian

Bugatti Veyron - Venet

Introducing another Bugatti Veyron special edition (They just don't get tired of doing these ) called the Venet. This is the latest special edition of Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport.

In my personal opinion this has to be one of the coolest special edition so far.

Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron - Venet-1.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron - Venet-2.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron - Venet-3.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron - Venet-4.jpg  

de3p is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 12:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bugatti Veyron - Venet

What's the point of the algebraic and engineering equations on a million dollar car? Bringing back those horrific math memories that the driver had in school and college? If I were a multimillionaire and I wanted a limited ed Veyron, I'd rather have dollar symbols all over my Bugatti instead. If you got it, flaunt it Nonetheless, this design and color combinations looks sharp!
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 13:50   #3
BHPian

Wow. It's really beautiful.

Offering a design that a customer wants would make more sense than just equations. They don't mass produce these and it's just paint anyway.
Old 5th December 2012, 14:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I guess the "Venet" has something to do with the artist of the same name who was commissioned to design this, and I'm sure he'll have some good fundas about how the equations are related to some aerodynamic principles that the car uses to go so fast.

Reminds me of my early stint in advertising, the art guy would come up with some shapes and colours based on nothing but his own random imagination, it was then up to us copywriters to work a "concept story" to somehow fit around those designs (basically, imagination at work again), and then the account guys would pitch it to the client as if it was all conceptualized and planned that way from the beginning! Good to see that the same principles operate in multimillion dollar products as well!

But hey, as long as the underlying engineering principles that make the car what it is are sound, who cares?!
Old 5th December 2012, 21:41   #5
BHPian

The whole point is that if you were a nerd in school and studied hard, you'd be able to afford a car like this!

Nerds get laughed at in school. But they grow up to own some of the coolest cars. And then burn us by putting formulae on them! Dang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What's the point of the algebraic and engineering equations on a million dollar car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks