Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 02:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!

No one guessed Lamborghini would have this treat as the curtain call of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations which happened over the last week, a drive which included 350 Lamborghinis which started from Milan and ended today at the Lamborghini Factory at Sant' Agata Bolognese.

Only these pictures from the surprise unveil has surfaced yet, more details are yet to be known, is this
what will end up as the much rumored last hurrah of the Gallardo? Is this a preview of the forthcoming Cabrera? Only time will tell.

Source

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-3.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-2.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-1.jpg
Scorcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 09:37   #2
BANNED

re: Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!

Looks like a really Outrageous drop top version of the Venneno ,made by taking inspiration from Aventador J(my profile pic).

But somehow, the concept doesn't look like a Lamborghini at first sight. something from Pagani is what it seems.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 10:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is just how outrageous a Lambo should be I love it! The tri-pronged front, the orangeness, everything.
Old 12th May 2013, 11:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for Sharing.
I usually love Lambos but this one is just disgusting. Overly done with the sharp edges. Oh and the Grey with orange paint job o.O ...
I guess I should probably hold me opinions since this is clearly a Concept and not production model. Do like the no doors entrance, reminds of the old batmobile!. I sincerely hope they don't roll out the final car that'll cut anyone who leans on it :P

Last edited by Maky : 12th May 2013 at 11:16.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 15:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

This looks like a cross between Speed Racer's Mach5 and and one of the dozen concept cars Lamborghini has been unveiling off late.

Which brings me to my next point.

The only thing Lamborghini has been doing is re-skinning the Gallardo and Aventador repeatedly, and then labelling them as concepts or limited editions. They're merely design exercises and not much more. I think it's time they do something truly substantial and address their cars w/r/t engineering and mechanicals. From what I've read, Lamborghini is way behind its competitors like Ferrari and Porsche in terms of gearbox tech.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 00:53   #6
BHPian

The aliens were surely gonna trade their spaceships for this if only this thing had the ability to fly! Damn! Looks totally out of this world!
Old 13th May 2013, 08:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

On the first look, it seemed like a White bat mobile! I hope it remains a concept forever. They should have brought the Estoque to production though.
Old 13th May 2013, 10:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Some more photos of the Egoista have been released. An outrageously awesome design exercise I beleive. But, are they merely trying to cover up their outdated tech with these fancy bits of panelwork finished in exotic materials ?

*Mods: It's called the Egoista, not the Escota, so a cahnge in the thread title is called for.*

Source: WorldCarFans

Quote:
Lamborghini has finished off celebrating its 50th anniversary with a bang by unveiling the Egoista concept.

Designed by Walter de Silva, the one-off gets its moniker from the fact that it's a single-seater, while its styling is inspired by an Apache helicopter. From what we know so far, the supercar benefits from an extremely lightweight construction as Lamborghini heavily used carbon fiber. To shave even more weight, the cockpit canopy can be removed.
Power comes from a V10 5.2-liter engine producing 600 HP (441 kW).

There are no plans to put the Egoista into production.
Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-1792646400577722253.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-4432119821816237794.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-127656551960840147.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-8675148781232961796.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-288017438560529365.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-95458794361410.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-198315094661951803.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-20160660351504489855.jpg

Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-16980459821613908515.jpg

Last edited by AyAn! : 13th May 2013 at 11:00.
AyAn! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 14:50   #9
BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!

The usual Lambos are fairly cool, but this one I feel looks just absolutely, ridiculously ugly. Lambo has been spending the last couple of years doing mostly these concepts and special editions, but I think they really need to get the Gallardo replacement out soon. The Gallardo is a mighty car, with the epic V10, but it is now getting long in the tooth.
Old 13th May 2013, 16:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Cabrera (or whatever the gallardo replacement is called) is expected next year. So then why is everyone whining so much?
Lamborghini has never been a company to produce dozens of cars and since the 60s their product lifespans were around a decade. Now that we know for sure the gallardo replacement is next year only question being when exactly, why don't we all sit back and enjoy the outrageous looking concepts that they always manage to come up with?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 16:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This looks like a cross between Speed Racer's Mach5
This was the very first thought that came to my mind when I first saw the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
but this one I feel looks just absolutely, ridiculously ugly.
I completely agree, this thing just looks hideous.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 18:41   #12
BHPian

Never thought I'd see this day where I ridicule a lambo. Sad..just sad. This thing looks HIDEOUS!
I know lamborghinis are supposed to be outrageous and radical but i don't think there's a single other car they've made that was called flat out ugly. I hope this remains a concept.
Found this on Jalopnik
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Egoista Concept - Revealed!-kumedium.jpg  

arjun18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 18:43   #13
BHPian

Also, has anyone else noticed the aircraft style indicators on the top of the car? Red for left, Green for right. What overconfidence.*facepalm*
Old 13th May 2013, 19:27   #14
BHPian

I would agree with all of you, except one small thing keep me from going with the flow.. lets look back at the history of Ferrari, or Porsche.. multiple race wins, epic roadcars what not.. and what about lambo? take a moment now.. EXACTLY!! sure theyve had a few engines in some power boats, and a few racecars, but theyve never really gotten fully involved in racing to the level of its other european counterparts.. given a choice, for pure driving pleasure, most of us would take the f40 over the countach hands down, me included (not that ive driven either, but you get the point)... but which made the better poster car?
Design exercise? yea for sure!!
All show an questionable go? probably!!
but speed was never the point!! this was never meant to make u fizzy round the nurburgring.. how many people remembered the countach for its performance?
fast forward to 2013 and ask your kids, young relatives, younger siblings etc, which they like better, the 458 or this, and you should hopefully see what i mean..
This my friends, was designed to be a poster car, not to take youre driving experience to a whole new level, but to place itself in the minds of countless children who love hotwheels, and speedracer and transformers and what not.. not unlike most of us when we were young.. this is purely my opinion on the matter and nothing else..
Cheers!!
bivin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 20:03   #15
BHPian

I think VW's pumping too much money in to Lamborghini and they are just haphazardly wasting it away by doing such useless and wasteful launches.

It just looks pathetic and awful. WHY in the world is Lamborghini so desperate for launch after launch after launch?
If this continues it will just lose its charm and things won't remain the same for the company.

Other companies like koenigsegg, Pagani, Ferrari make equally powerful cars but I don't see them trying to be desperate to make their presence felt in the automobile world.

Lamborghini, please let this car just remain a concept and better still, BURN the concept too!!!

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks